Rankings Week 4

mjuhb

Better watch it, or I'll call your boss and tell him you are posting again! :thumb:

Things are good here in K-town. Already working on the boys' season (schedules and such), but enjoying the laid back Middle school girls season.

Hope you can make it to a couple of our games this spring. And don't be such a stranger on these threads! Seems like all of the old school guys are on hiatus or something!

And while I believe you were just busting on me for the sake of busting on me, I was "understanding" his questioning of a top 20 team with a no win record (just to clarify. Hope I didn't use too many big words for you, Reaction!)

haha.

Ya im on the football boards right now mostly. They crack me up. Even though Boyd isn't having a good season its still fun. Ya i hope to make it up to Knox to see a game. Or you could make it easy on me and schedule a game in Chatt. Or make it that much easier and schedule Ooltewah High School which is 5 min from my house. :thumb:

Edited by reaction

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry it took me so long to get back but my comment about cost per ranking position was VERY tongue-in-cheek and came from posts earlier in the thread.

I apologize if anyone took them seriously!

You mean he DOESN'T take money?! Mjuhb, I want my checks back!

bapride, don't worry about it. Most of us laughed along with you. I thought it was pretty funny myself, but some people are more serious than I am.

Pretty strange year so far.....everytime you "think" a team is pretty good, it seems like they lay an egg! Particularly in AAA and somewhat in DII!!! It will be interesting to see who gets it together for a run thru state!

Last year Oak Ridge, Centennial, Collierville and Houston were extremely talented and virtually unbeatable to anyone outside the top 4. I think the talent level is down a little this season in AAA and there will be "upsets" along the way to the state tournament. Look for this seasons AAA state tournament to be the most competitive state tournament in recent memory.

G, I wasn't trying to be kind, just give credit where it is due, I've seen alot of girls soccer, especially here in Oak Ridge that was top notch, and CAK looks scary, we didn't test them enough to see what other weapons they may have when they need them. Silver lining for us: We saw a great team face to face and now we know how much our focus in everything we do is important for any success in the "season that counts" (post season). I actually am blaming the game on the fact I asked ali to take it easy one them. doh! Sorry, that concussion has still got me a bit fuzzy. :lol: good luck to all

Last year Oak Ridge, Centennial, Collierville and Houston were extremely talented and virtually unbeatable to anyone outside the top 4. I think the talent level is down a little this season in AAA and there will be "upsets" along the way to the state tournament. Look for this seasons AAA state tournament to be the most competitive state tournament in recent memory.

last years state tournament was very competitive except for brentwood and siegel first round games the other 5 games were great games

collierville went didn't give up a goal plus they used their depth to wear down teams got 1 goal and went home with the title

oak ridge same thing they used their depth and survived for another day

centennial the missed PK and offsides call's eliminated centennial

houston i thought was the best team last year but the tank went empty in PK'S vs oak ridge

tullahoma sent more girls D1 than any other team at state and 3 are starting for their college teams this year they played 213 minutes and only gave up one goal but they couldn't score

youth and the draw hurt both brentwood and siegel if the draw was different both teams might of advanced

everyone's loses are at weekend tournaments but to be honest weekend tournaments are not a real depiction of what a team might do at state

but the oak ridge and tullahoma seniors have played a combined 12 state tournament game and houston has played 5 games at state

Guest Cutters Crazies
youth and the draw hurt both brentwood and siegel if the draw was different both teams might of advanced

Def a factor for Siegel in the first 5 minutes last year, they were shell shocked and thats when the 2 goals for Houston came, but once they settled in it was a pretty even game. Although I agree Houston was the best team last year but best team doesn't always win. Siegel's schedule also better prepares them this year. This weekend will be a good indicator for all divisions

brentwood v franklin was postponed until sept 25

independence defeated Hillsboro 8 - 1 tuesday

independence defeated spring hill 5 - 1 thursday

any other scores from this district? how has centennial done this week, i can't find scores on them. what happened in ravenwood v centennial?

The Centennial/Ravenwood game was rained out. The Cougars will host JPII on Tuesday and Father Ryan on Thursday.