McCallie/Alcoa

mccalliesportsguy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville is the best team in the state period, they could beat anyone in any classification. Alcoa proved that they can hang will anyone, All I know about McCallie is they Hung up 61 on some Terrible and pour team in West Tennessee, They beat Powell pretty bad and Powell has seen better days, and they have BJ there QB. I stay Alcoa by 4 just cause I know more about Alcoa then McCallie!

Edited by ProVol90

Yes...yes...we all know that Maryville would beat every team they choose not to actually play. The Rebels are undefeated in theoretical games.

Heard there was a debate about whether to even field a team this year and start their own rotisserie legue since they beat every team in the state. Would save a lot of wear and tear on players and really beef up the cross country team. Have considered joining the NFL in order to find competition. They're favored by 10 overt he Titans and even money against the Falcons.

Edited by uncfan13

:D:D:D

that's hysterical....maybe we should all thank Maryville for not playing us and sparing us the humiliation.

Thank you Maryville, I'm so glad you don't play us. I just couldn't bare the thought of having to play the best team in Tennessee. We know the Rebs step up and plays the big boys every year.

They're favored by 10 overt he Titans

Well we might all be favored over the Titans this year. LOL. McCallie obviously has a very good team. I think Alcoa's best chance is to run the ball effectively on them, control clock and keep BJ and company off the field. Likely easier said than done I realize, but to me that would be a good game plan. Not sure about McCallies run defense but Alcoa has a formidable run game and can also throw it pretty well. One thing McCallie will notice this year is that the Alcoa QB can make plays with his arm as well as his legs as opposed to last years QB who was a straight up pocket passer.

Here is your first intangible to throw into the mix. Ask yourself one question and that is when was the last time a Coach Rankin team ever lost three games in a row?

He has lost the last two weeks, and I know for a fact he HATES to lose.

Normally I would say McCallie in a win, but with the intangible in there I will not hazard a guess.

This Rankin Team isn't in danger of losing 3 games in a row. They haven't lost 2 games in a row this year:

1. Maryville (L)

2. CAK (W)

3. Fulton (L)

4. Loudon (W)

A lot of people are expecting Alcoa to lose this Friday. I think it'll be a tough, close game, but I think Alcoa will be ready for them.

Alcoa proves everybody wrong and takes this one.

Is Alcoa down this year, Fulton beat them but has not really played anyone else, tough to get a measuring stick on them.

I certainly would not say they are "down". They have a new coach so obviously they have somewhat of a new look. I think the Fulton game was a matter of Fulton being so much improved over the last time they met early last season as much as anything. They have a good pass rush and excellent secondary personnel so it should present some good match ups. Alcoa plays a brutal early season schedule and that is why they are 2-2. They lost to Maryville and Fulton by a combined total of six points. McCallie would be well served not to overlook them. I know they are coming off a big win over BA but this will be another challenge for them and they should approach it as such IMO.

Edited by mhs

This Rankin Team isn't in danger of losing 3 games in a row. They haven't lost 2 games in a row this year:

1. Maryville (L)

2. CAK (W)

3. Fulton (L)

4. Loudon (W)

A lot of people are expecting Alcoa to lose this Friday. I think it'll be a tough, close game, but I think Alcoa will be ready for them.

Alcoa proves everybody wrong and takes this one.

That's a fair assessment tornadogold. We all know Alcoa has a great program, but I just don't see a McCallie team that has beaten Riverdale and Brentwood Academy losing to Alcoa. Nothing personal at all, and anyone can beat anybody on any given night. We've heard it a million times. I've seen both teams play, and Alcoa will have to play their best game and McCallie their worst for Alcoa to come out on top. Could it happen? Sure, but like I said in an earlier post, I would be more than shocked if Alcoa won this game.

I certainly would not say they are "down". They have a new coach so obviously they have somewhat of a new look. I think the Fulton game was a matter of Fulton being so much improved over the last time they met early last season as much as anything. They have a good pass rush and excellent secondary personnel so it should present some good match ups. Alcoa plays a brutal early season schedule and that is why they are 2-2. They lost to Maryville and Fulton by a combined total of six points. McCallie would be well served not to overlook them. I know they are coming off a big win over BA but this will be another challenge for them and they should approach it as such IMO.

You're right mhs. I just remembered that McCallie plays their rival next week. That's always a recipe for disaster. How many times have we seen a better team lose by overlooking their opponent (someone they're supposed to beat)?