How many UNDEFEATED teams left in the State.

NeWbLuE

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C' mon guys they beat Fairview on October 10th 3-1.

I was not at the game tonight .... and this is from a WH Heritage fan, but...

I believe the monkey of no losses must have weighed them down tonight...plus they had to play two games in two nights because of the weather, an unfortunate turn of events.

Congratulations on a season to remember. It must have been good while it lasted.

I was looking forward to a Harpeth vs Montgomery Central final. O well.

OOPS!

Every year there are teams that beef up on weak schedules who try to convince the soccer world that they are legit.

Sorry...but I'm going to take this statement a little personal. I have been the assistant coach of Montgomery Central's womens soccer team for the past three years. But, I have been around the program ever since it started seven years ago. Coming into this season we had no idea what to expect from our girls. Scheduling for us has never been an issue. We play the same teams every year because we don't need to convince anybody of anything. We just want to play soccer and teach these girls more about the game. Luckily for us, we had an amazing group of seniors who led our team throughout the season.

This team surpassed all of our expectations. Granted, we may have played some teams of lesser skill, but that wasn't our plan. Our girls played their hearts out every game, no matter the competition. For you, someone who probably never saw us play, to make a statement like this is totally disrespectful to our program and to the accomplishments that our girls are so proud of. We don't have the pool of talent to choose from or the noteriety to persuade kids to come play for us. We just take raw athletic ability (mostly players from other sports) and develop it into what we can get. Half of our student body probably doesn't even know what soccer is.

So let it be known, that Montgomery Central wasn't out to show off and try to take the spot of any perennial powerhouse. We just played soccer and ended up with a great season. Good luck to everyone else.

OOPS!

Every year there are teams that beef up on weak schedules who try to convince the soccer world that they are legit.

I know this is a major pet peeve of yours as you are always bringing up teams that "Talk Undefeated" and score 8 to 10 or more goals as loading up on WEAK schedules. I asked this before or maybe just commented, but many teams play teams in their Division who are just not, no just r e a l l y not as good as them and you think this is a plot to run up scores or have a strong winning record. Having watched one of your "put down" teams all season, I can only say that they had no choice as to league or division games and certainly didn't pick the teams they played in tournaments. Why do you continue take this negative approach and attack everyone who wins 9-0 or is 14-0-0. How can that occur or can you tell me when it has. I admit I am new to trying to follow you expert posters, but I can't learn if you don't teach. I don't even know what city Mont. Central is in, but they have been beaten up on CoachT ever since someone poudly stated they were undefeated. If they played a weak schedule to brag, it will get them no where as it's all about post season. What if MakeBelieve High is 27-0-0 and beat GGG 18-0....it will all work out in the end. And, who is the "soccer world" they are trying to convince? I may be off base, but sometimes I read the posters as players who are proud of their performance and want the world to know. I saw a post a couple of days ago from a St. Georges fan (or Player) telling us all very proudly they were # 3 in the west and we better take notice. # 3 may be 2 miles behind # 1 and 2 in a 3 mile race, but by gosh, they are proud to be #3 and 4,5,and 6 are behind them. Give these guys a break and 15 seconds of fame and glory. As we both know, it's not going to hold up as the fields narrow. WOW, I must have needed a CoachT fix. I feel better now.

I know this is a major pet peeve of yours as you are always bringing up teams that "Talk Undefeated" and score 8 to 10 or more goals as loading up on WEAK schedules. I asked this before or maybe just commented, but many teams play teams in their Division who are just not, no just r e a l l y not as good as them and you think this is a plot to run up scores or have a strong winning record. Having watched one of your "put down" teams all season, I can only say that they had no choice as to league or division games and certainly didn't pick the teams they played in tournaments. Why do you continue take this negative approach and attack everyone who wins 9-0 or is 14-0-0. How can that occur or can you tell me when it has. I admit I am new to trying to follow you expert posters, but I can't learn if you don't teach. I don't even know what city Mont. Central is in, but they have been beaten up on CoachT ever since someone poudly stated they were undefeated. If they played a weak schedule to brag, it will get them no where as it's all about post season. What if MakeBelieve High is 27-0-0 and beat GGG 18-0....it will all work out in the end. And, who is the "soccer world" they are trying to convince? I may be off base, but sometimes I read the posters as players who are proud of their performance and want the world to know. I saw a post a couple of days ago from a St. Georges fan (or Player) telling us all very proudly they were # 3 in the west and we better take notice. # 3 may be 2 miles behind # 1 and 2 in a 3 mile race, but by gosh, they are proud to be #3 and 4,5,and 6 are behind them. Give these guys a break and 15 seconds of fame and glory. As we both know, it's not going to hold up as the fields narrow. WOW, I must have needed a CoachT fix. I feel better now.

Agreed completely. When posting on here, teams aren't always looking to "take over the world". Some simply want it known that things are looking good for them. Never once has MC stated they're 'better' than anyone, they've simply looked for a little appreciation. They just let everyone know they're there. I guess it's kind of like you (bruinsoccer) posting on here, to get a little recognition. But instead of working hard, using heart and willpower, you've decided to negativly bash teams on this board for your 5 minutes of fame.

h2odog, i have no idea who you are...but we lost tonight and you made my night. I'm sure you will raise the spirits of a lot of my girls as well. I appreciate every word you said. Thanks.

MC played a great game tonight, as they did last week. Weather had a impact on the game. Fairview made some adjustments on defense and worked a little better on offense. There should be no rip on the season MC had, bad luck on district tournament pairings. Wish Fairview and MC would have played the finals.

wow...for someone to actually lift a team up like that is amazing. i am, well was, a player of the MC team. Fairview was my last game. I was a captain of the team, and I would just like to say that our team gives 100% of everything they can at every match. Of course, we have had off nights (Fairview being one of those), but just for a team like ours to go that far (14-1-1) makes me so proud of them. They may not be completely skillful or knowledgeable of the game, but they hustle and never give up. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect senior year. Thanx to the coaches, the players, and the fans for sitting through our cold, wet, miserable conditions cheering us on. I love you all!!

These posts from the MC supporters and players illustrate to me that they understand what High School athletics are supposed to be about. Play your very best and both win and lose with grace and respect. I must say I'm more impressed by that than the 14-0-1 regular season record.

After a season of hearing mean spirited players, coaches and most especially fans it's truly a breath of fresh air.

Well done ladies and especially coaches, that sort of thing generally comes from the top down.

Props to you soccerstar2279 I think you hit the nail directly on the head.

C' mon guys they beat Fairview on October 10th 3-1.

I was not at the game tonight .... and this is from a WH Heritage fan, but...

I believe the monkey of no losses must have weighed them down tonight...plus they had to play two games in two nights because of the weather, an unfortunate turn of events.

Congratulations on a season to remember. It must have been good while it lasted.

I was looking forward to a Harpeth vs Montgomery Central final. O well.

Last year Harpeth beat Fairview 3-1 in the regular season, but Fairview came back and beat them 5-0 in the district final. I'm not playing down the abilities of Mont. Central's team, but i am contesting the insinuation that Fairview's win was a fluke. The conditions were equally bad (and cold, rainy, wet, muddy and MISERABLE!) for both teams. Mont. C has some very skilled players, i'm surprised i've never seen any of them playing club before; they should! It definantly stank that they had to play two games in two nights. However, I for one, was not hoping for a Montgomery Central v. Harpeth final. haha. Especially since i play for Fairview. Great job to everyone. Oh, and on a side note, White House Heritage, you guys got a lot better this year! We beat you 10-1 last year, and you held us at 1-0 till halftime, and we only beat you 4-0! Great progress!

Last year Harpeth beat Fairview 3-1 in the regular season, but Fairview came back and beat them 5-0 in the district final. I'm not playing down the abilities of Mont. Central's team, but i am contesting the insinuation that Fairview's win was a fluke. The conditions were equally bad (and cold, rainy, wet, muddy and MISERABLE!) for both teams. Mont. C has some very skilled players, i'm surprised i've never seen any of them playing club before; they should! It definantly stank that they had to play two games in two nights. However, I for one, was not hoping for a Montgomery Central v. Harpeth final. haha. Especially since i play for Fairview. Great job to everyone. Oh, and on a side note, White House Heritage, you guys got a lot better this year! We beat you 10-1 last year, and you held us at 1-0 till halftime, and we only beat you 4-0! Great progress!

First of all, Saprissista, just because you haven't seen MC players playing club doesn't mean that they don't. Second of all, what would have been wrong with a Harpeth vs. MC final?? What?? No Fairview?? Thirdly, I would say it was a fluke that you guys won. Granted, I know that both teams played in the same conditions, but honestly, MC had more shots on goal, kept the ball mostly on your side of the field, and MC definitely wasn't fouling every chance they got. They just couldn't put it in the net, but they had you guys on your heals. And what's with marking a key player like Michelle Johnson (#17)?? Couldn't play her straight up?? Frankly, I can't wait till tomorrow at 11 because CA is going to take it to you, so get ready for them!!