should south pittsburg move to AA

Geno

I don't think moving up should even be thought about until South Pittsburg can find themselves in a championship position again. They're a great team that impresses me every year, but they were 9-1 last year and didn't survive beyond the second round in the playoffs. Let's see the pirates take state and THEN talk about moving to AA.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The quality of what you hear depends on your source. Now Geno and Harry Larry may have better sources but I think it is still a fluid situation. She was leaving at mid year but it doesn't look like that will happen. If anything has been decided as to when and who it has not been formally announced (at least to me ;) ). Coaching is a big part of Vic's life so any decision that could possible affect his coaching would be a tough one.

Slick Richard and his good buddy Tiny Tim should bow down and pay attention when the King of ZONE speaks

Slick Rick says that Zone Boy needs to listen more often to Slick Rick. You will learn a few things if you will listen to Slick Rick. No one cares what you know Zone Boy.

When Slick Rick speaks, Zone Boy listens.

Why move up? What would be the advantages?

This is the funniest I have seen yet, not the quote but the person's name! It is good to be envied, just like SP. I don't think they would be able to compete with some of the 2A schools that are regular playoff contenders, such as tyner and alcoa, simply because of the Lineman size. We rarely have a large line so we have to rely on they "Dynasty of Speed" from year to year. Do I think we would win some game, yes. We could even make the playoffs in my opinion, but few playoff wins would happen. Remember 1999??? We won state and also beat the eventual 2A Alabama state champion in Alabama. So we do have the talent to be playoff contenders from year to year.

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

Slick Rick says that Zone Boy needs to listen more often to Slick Rick. You will learn a few things if you will listen to Slick Rick. No one cares what you know Zone Boy.

When Slick Rick speaks, Zone Boy listens.

Hey Slick Richard maybe you need to pay attention to the ZoneMan so you can become educated. I checked and the principal situation at SP is still in limbo.

This is the funniest I have seen yet, not the quote but the person's name! It is good to be envied, just like SP. I don't think they would be able to compete with some of the 2A schools that are regular playoff contenders, such as tyner and alcoa, simply because of the Lineman size. We rarely have a large line so we have to rely on they "Dynasty of Speed" from year to year. Do I think we would win some game, yes. We could even make the playoffs in my opinion, but few playoff wins would happen. Remember 1999??? We won state and also beat the eventual 2A Alabama state champion in Alabama. So we do have the talent to be playoff contenders from year to year.

That 1999 Alabama 2a state champion was Courtland, a perennial power in Bama. theyt beat there next door arch rival Hazlewood (Town Creek) also is a perrenial power and 1a Bama champ that year. Trousdale County Beat Hazlewood in 1999. TC and So Pitt meet in the Semifinals for the 4th time in the 90s and the Pirates of course won. TC and SP were 2-2 in the semis in the 90s. Years like that don't come around very often for a school with under 300 students.

Size, numbers and speed is where schools like Alcoa have an advantage.

I have a feeling that SP and TC will see each other again in the Semis.

Edit: AA don't exist anymore, but it should!!!!

Edited by rlh

Why move up? What would be the advantages?

Whats this?? I feel like I've been cloned. Anyways, I do believe S Pitt could compete in a higher classification but it makes absolutely no sense to do so. Yes, we do have a week region, and I would like to see better competition during the regular season, but this is what we are stuck with. It's not our fault that other programs have been unable to grow to our level of play. It's hard to schedule tougher non region opponents because there simply aren't many in our area who can fit us on their schedule. I would like to see us dip down into North Georgia and schedule some games or maybe even Alabama. Until then, unless some stronger 1A teams from Middle or West TN want to make a 2 or 3 hr drive to play us, we will continue to dominate. :thumb: