Unique Names

Rangerbook06

I know it's not "unique", but I have always wondered why Roane County High School and Coalfield use the nickname of Yellow Jacket. Roane County's, aka Kingston, colors are navy and orange(NO YELLOW) and Coalfield is orange and black(NO YELLOW).

Coalfield is in Morgan Co. there are four high schools in that county. Each have their own colors none repeated. Sunbrigt is the tigers and use a yellow/gold and purple combination. To set the schools apart the only common color is White. Each use it in various ways. Coalfield chose orange in place of yellow/gold to not conflict with a sister school in the County. As for Kingston, IDK.

Orange Black And White look very good together. It sure makes halloween a lot more scary at the end of the season to see Coalfield come out festive. <_<

How bout these:

Jellico Pudding

Coalfield Miner's Daughter

Sunbright Shines

Clinch Championships

Forrest Gumps

Huntand Properties

Richland Farms

Halls of Fames

Lake County Drowns

Riverside Fish

Happy Valley Smiles

Cumberland Gap Battles

Seymour Sports

Loudon Bridges

Upperman Strengths

Station Camp Soldiers

Sycamore Trees

Camden Yards

Ripley Museums

Gary Sheffield Stats

Daniel Boone Fires

David Crockett Shoots

Volunteer Departments

Science Hill Labratories

Cherokee Forests

Greeneville Colors

Campbell County Soups

Clinton Democrats

Heritage Festivals

Seveir County Attacks

Cleveland Indians, Browns, or Cavs

Blackman Runners

Cookeville Kitchens

Oakland Raiders or A's

Coffee County Machines

Lincoln County Logs

Beech Houses

Justin Gallatin Records

Franklin Inventions

Hickman County Rednecks (srry guys had to)

Independence Documents

Glencliff Rocks

Hunters Lane Deer

Arlington Cemetaries

Raleigh-Egypt Pyramids

Whitney Houston Singers

Germantown Houses

White Station Trains

Fairley Officials

GPS Maps

King's Academy Throans

Father Ryan Daddies

St. Mary Preachers

Was long but I tried to make sumthin that would fit. It sounds tacky but it makes a little sense.

There is an amish team in Pennsylvania named the Dodgeville Do-Gooders. They are pretty solid every year, but they have a competitive disadvantage. They have never traded films, the coaches on the press box have to use 2 dixie cups attached by a string to communicate with the sideline, and each year several of their players are injured in while travelling to games in Buggies.

Edited by Philofisher

I think Cloudland nickname is the " Highlanders" that is pretty unique

It is cool huh! The Highlanders drum major wears a kilt. They used to have a great babpipe player too, I wish someone else in the band would take an interest in it. It used to sound so cool and since we are so high up in elevation here it almost made it seem like Scotland or somewhere!

Rumor in loudon is that the Redskins may be changing their names to the Red Raiders or just Raiders.

this comes up everynow and then from a few thinking the name is offensive, but I hope its just rumor.

some is rumor and some is truth...in follow suite with the NCAA it is rumored that high schools with offensive or native american names may have to change...not sure where that will go so if it is true then we will no longer be the Loudon Redskins....talk is rsorting back to Loudons original name or its second name those are " THE TUSH HOGS " (1st name)or " THE HILTOPPERS" (2nd name)...both are unusual and funny.

some is rumor and some is truth...in follow suite with the NCAA it is rumored that high schools with offensive or native american names may have to change...not sure where that will go so if it is true then we will no longer be the Loudon Redskins....talk is rsorting back to Loudons original name or its second name those are " THE TUSH HOGS " (1st name)or " THE HILTOPPERS" (2nd name)...both are unusual and funny.

FYI: Maryville used to be the Red Elephants...

I know it's not "unique", but I have always wondered why Roane County High School and Coalfield use the nickname of Yellow Jacket. Roane County's, aka Kingston, colors are navy and orange(NO YELLOW) and Coalfield is orange and black(NO YELLOW).

Greenfield Yellowjackets are the same way.. mascot is a yellowjacket, colors are orange and black.