Cosby @ Unaka in Mtn East Conf Action

HighSchoolFanatic

look ladies and gentlemen i can asure you that the players, staff, and myself have the upmost respect for cloudland, unaka, and hampton. we know what you all are about when it comes to your teams. all 3 teams have produced many a bragging rights more than we here and cosby could ever dreamed and alot of those bragging right come at our defeat. i have the upmost respect for your coaches. i have heard great things of coach ensor and his strong disipline and christian character. coach kieth is a great coach, lunsford has done great things and i admire him for it. then there is JC CAMPBELL i think there are fossils younger than he is. he and i go way back to 1993 and he is a great guy to be around even though he cuses me like crazy.

i have been apart of this program for 13 years as a player, fan and coach. we have had 4 winning seasons in 15 years. like your kids that go out every day and beat on each other, play hurt, bleed and sweet then come friday and win its exciting no matter who you beat. with that we are going to be excited about what we are acomplishing and the history we are making this year with the football program.

we have not experianced what some of you have grown acustomed too. you have the kids coming out to play and feeder programs that have been bringing up talent for years. we have not till now. we have had to fight the basketball program for years, unaka you may be able to relate to that, its hard to watch good athletes walk away from you because they think they are the next best thing to hit the court. we are now getting some of those kids and its made the program better.

our fans do get hott when we are disrepected just like each of you do when its directed at you. this community loves their kids and praise there accomplishments. they want their kids to be recognized just like you do. we know our schedule it not what you consider hard. easy for you is not necessarily easy for us when those teams beat you in the past.

as for our state ranking i have went on record both in the newspapers and radio down playing our ranking. we did not even know we were ranked till the weekly radio show here told us. are we proud of it yes its good to be recognized. does it mean we are the team to beat no but its out of our control. dont think we dont know the work we have ahead of us, but with that we will work to bring our best game week end week out. and like some of you have said let the cards fall where they may. i wish everyone the best of luck and safty as you travel and play.

thank you to everyone who reads

this with an open mind.

shelton

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote for Coach Shelton as coach of the year. #25 is the greatest wide out and cornerback in the state. The quarterback has the best arm. Any defense is gonna be in for a long night against the Eagle offensive machine. Rone and and the Lowe brothers are spectacular. Everyone should be very impressed with the Cosby Eagles. :lol:

look ladies and gentlemen i can asure you that the players, staff, and myself have the upmost respect for cloudland, unaka, and hampton. we know what you all are about when it comes to your teams. all 3 teams have produced many a bragging rights more than we here and cosby could ever dreamed and alot of those bragging right come at our defeat. i have the upmost respect for your coaches. i have heard great things of coach ensor and his strong disipline and christian character. coach kieth is a great coach, lunsford has done great things and i admire him for it. then there is JC CAMPBELL i think there are fossils younger than he is. he and i go way back to 1993 and he is a great guy to be around even though he cuses me like crazy.

i have been apart of this program for 13 years as a player, fan and coach. we have had 4 winning seasons in 15 years. like your kids that go out every day and beat on each other, play hurt, bleed and sweet then come friday and win its exciting no matter who you beat. with that we are going to be excited about what we are acomplishing and the history we are making this year with the football program.

we have not experianced what some of you have grown acustomed too. you have the kids coming out to play and feeder programs that have been bringing up talent for years. we have not till now. we have had to fight the basketball program for years, unaka you may be able to relate to that, its hard to watch good athletes walk away from you because they think they are the next best thing to hit the court. we are now getting some of those kids and its made the program better.

our fans do get hott when we are disrepected just like each of you do when its directed at you. this community loves their kids and praise there accomplishments. they want their kids to be recognized just like you do. we know our schedule it not what you consider hard. easy for you is not necessarily easy for us when those teams beat you in the past.

as for our state ranking i have went on record both in the newspapers and radio down playing our ranking. we did not even know we were ranked till the weekly radio show here told us. are we proud of it yes its good to be recognized. does it mean we are the team to beat no but its out of our control. dont think we dont know the work we have ahead of us, but with that we will work to bring our best game week end week out. and like some of you have said let the cards fall where they may. i wish everyone the best of luck and safty as you travel and play.

thank you to everyone who reads

this with an open mind.

shelton

Great post Shelton, You are an asset to your community and the football team. When and if you guys lose,a part of me will hurt for you and you're boys. You make it hard to pull for the other team. Good luck and again GREAT JOB.

I vote for Coach Shelton as coach of the year. #25 is the greatest wide out and cornerback in the state. The quarterback has the best arm. Any defense is gonna be in for a long night against the Eagle offensive machine. Rone and and the Lowe brothers are spectacular. Everyone should be very impressed with the Cosby Eagles. <_<

both rone and lowe look good, but who wouldnt against teams like chuckey doak and wg. we will see how good they look next week when the dogs roll into town.

Oh yeah. Johnson County hasn't played anyone yet... What a load of _____ :( ... All they've done is play Hampton and 2 of the top 10 teams in 4A!!!! Get your facts straight... I hate ingnorence <_<

Thanks Rangerbook, you put it alot better (and Cleaner) than I would have. Johnson County is a team that can beat anyone on any given night. :thumb:

Thanks Rangerbook, you put it alot better (and Cleaner) than I would have. Johnson County is a team that can beat anyone on any given night. <_<

Well I'm waiting to see what kinda reply I get from this cat... He may start digging deep and come up with something like the Top 10 in 4A isn't any good or something crazy like that.

Edited by Rangerbook06

Well I'm waiting to see what kinda reply I get from this cat... He may start digging deep and come up with something like the Top 10 in 4A isn't any good or something crazy like that.

He might ask, what two top 10 teams are you talking about. CAK may be a top 10 2a team. Unicoi is alot better team than they think.Should have beat South Greene and they gave Johnson Co alot better game than what prople might think.

He might ask, what two top 10 teams are you talking about. CAK may be a top 10 2a team. Unicoi is alot better team than they think.Should have beat South Greene and they gave Johnson Co alot better game than what prople might think.

I don't know if CAK is a top 10 team (ALOT of good teams in 2A), but they are still pretty good.

South Greene lost to Cocke county which mean their not very good so anyone who SHOULD have beat South Greene and didn't isn't very good either.

Hers some bullitan board stuff for Hampton, At the end of the Cloudland game, the players and fans from Cosby were yelling ,HAMPTONS NEXT.

i don't post much either because of the crap that is sometimes said!!

including this one!! I have gone to every Cosby game not just because

"this one will be a good game" but because i have a vested interest in it.

I stay for the whole game and after(until the bus leaves) to tell my son good game and talk about the game. so far this year i have not heard or said for that matter HAMPTONS NEXT!!!

i know the game is coming up, the coaches know the game is coming up, and the players know the game is coming up, but unanka is first.

pujo i know my son respected your thoughts on these posts and so did I until now.

you always seemed to have an unbias opinion lets not lose sight of the objective.

to have a good football game and make some memories for these kids!!

GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

Edited by BIG Blue parent