Bearden @ Science Hill

topvol98

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this will be the game that will help determine the 3rd and 4th spots in the Region this year. If Bearden's Defense plays like it does last week against Central, then the Toppers are in for a long night. It is amazing how everytime the Wildcats had the ball, there was always a Host of Bulldogs making the tackles. If Bearden can continue to maintain their aerial assualt, I feel that the Bulldogs will win by 7. However with that said, the Toppers are probably reeling from last years lost to the Dawgs @ the Doghouse and want to represent all its alumni at the homecoming game. This should be one of the better games of the weekend. Good luck to both teams

after coming off a huge win against central last week, i think bearden has alot of momentum and motivation to win this game. alot of bearden fans are heading out to the game so that will also help. some key players for bearden on offense will be works (rb), halliday (qb), bunch (wr). on defense, williamson, cunningham & jackson could come up with some key picks or deflections. look for a hard pass defense so the toppers run game better be good.

Bearden 35

SH 7

Here but where were the Bearden fans all week. It's kind of hard to talk about an game by yourself. I like to talk about the teams with honest and straightforward opnions. When the teams are seperated as much as this, it's difficult to get information about them. Science Hill's team speed overall is probably better than last year but for reasons that have not materialized they have yet to play an quality game against an quality opponent. They seem to be very predictable on the offensive side of the ball and alot of that has to come from the lack of an vertical passing game. We have big recievers that can run but we don't try to get them the ball enough to make teams respect the pass. I expect Bearden to put 8 in the box and try to contain our backs from getting outside because that's where our strength lies. We have an kid (#40) Solomon Duananah that has speed, size, power and quickness like you haven't seen but he's very green and is still learning to be patient in the game. We have an fullback/running back that is as hard as they come in Nat Scott. David Alexander (6) has been giving teams fit all season and we have just started lining him up in the backfield as to get his hands on the ball more. Alexander and Solomon can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. Alexander has score receiving, interception return and punt return (90+ yards against Sevier County) this season. Our line seems to be athletic with good size especially in the middle. The receivers range from 6'2 to 6'5 and are young, Alexander being the biggest playmaker with the bulk sophmores and juniors. Are qbs are on the short side. Tucker (5) is the starter and is effective when he stays within himself. He's not afraid to run the ball and has made some running plays, the deep ball seems to be his nemisis. Zach Jordan (86) our tight end, who's an sophmore, has really came on the last few games. He has good speed and great hands. If we can establish the running game, especially with the spread option, it will be difficult for Bearden to stop this offense because these guys can run but we have had trouble substaining drives. It seems to be hit or miss. I'll do the defense after I had some dinner and see what kind of responses this gets.

Talking about Spread Offense. Bearden has added that offense this year and it has worked wonders. Bearden's QB is a Junior with and incredible arm and their running back is one of the hardest workers I have ever seen. If you try to arm tackle him you are in trouble. Their Defense is stout as well. they held Central to a total of 12 rushing yards last week in a driving rainstorm, where pretty much all you could do is run the ball. It is good to see a passing game a Bearden again, and it feels good to watch a pass pattern where it is not a roll out. Good LUCK DAWGS. It is funny, because not alot of Bearden fans post on here, but they come out in droves at the Doghouse. I guess we wait for Basketball Season to get on here. Wouldn't that be nice if Science Hill and Bearden could start a little in season rivalry in B-ball and play at a Neutral site half way between Johnson City and Knoxville....what about at CARSON NEWMAN