Maryville v. Knox Central

DCM

Maybe so, but, if Maryville does not get to 5A East Tennessee might stay the door mat of 5A that it clearly has been. Since 1993, when 5A was formed Eastern Tennessee has had two gold balls at 5A. 99 Sevier Co and 2000 Red Bank! Red Bank, now 4A, is closer to Chattanooga and even west across the Tennessee River. That would make one 5A Gold Ball in 12 seasons I would consider E. TN. So if Maryville doesn’t go 5A, E.TN may never get a second gold ball at 5A! It will be tough but someone got to do it and as much as I would like it to be not so, I don't see it happening this year ether.

But heck, you don’t need facts, you have emotion to drive you!

Here are some facts you get beat by DB and OR in scrimmages every year. But you did beat a tough middle of the pack William Blount team the other day.You could not beat Bearden, Farragut , or Ooltewah much less the Cats of Oak Ridge or DB and you will lose to the Bobcats this Friday.Stay in your class 4a world even though you have the numbers to be in 5a. You guys have had a good run in 4a do all you can to stay there you are not ready for the big time.Central Bobcat

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some facts you get beat by DB and OR in scrimmages every year. But you did beat a tough middle of the pack William Blount team the other day.You could not beat Bearden, Farragut , or Ooltewah much less the Cats of Oak Ridge or DB and you will lose to the Bobcats this Friday.Stay in your class 4a world even though you have the numbers to be in 5a. You guys have had a good run in 4a do all you can to stay there you are not ready for the big time.Central Bobcat

Based on your post and Central's recent success against Maryville I suppose you guys should move down to 3A?

:D ..Don't let the facts get in the way of the truth there CB. Is lying a way of life for Bobcatters? I can't remember the last time OR or DB defeated Maryville in a preseason scrimmage. I know it happen occasionally but not often.

Yeah...Ooltewah and Bearden would kill Maryville..... :thumb:

Hard to believe this thread was in danger of slipping off the first page ... I guess losing to Bearden has changed the perception of this game to some . I don't think it's changed anything for Maryville though , we know that Central has been our measuring stick now for several years , and we still expect this game to be the toughest game of our regular season . Maybe Central was looking ahead a little , who knows , but I do know that Central has too many good athletes who have played in several " Big Games " , plus too good a coaching to be taken lightly !

I anticipate another classic , and wouldn't be a bit surprised if this is just the first of 2 that we'll play this year . Good luck to Central , you have Maryville's utmost respect , as always .

Nice post- thanks for the props. And I agree, should be another great game. The best part about this whole thing is that if both teams stay on track (regardless of the outcome of this game) we get to line back up and do it again in November. (I would like to have that game in Fountain City, though)

Edited by Cleveland

Maryville will win because:

1. The game is at Maryville.

2. Maryville has good players from all over E. Tn.

3. Maryville has great coaching.

4. Maryville is a 5 A school playing 4 A.

:D

Without any vitriol or extraneous commentary whatsoever, redandblack63 has just stated the gospel truth. :thumb: I await the responses....

Without any vitriol or extraneous commentary whatsoever, redandblack63 has just stated the gospel truth. :thumb: I await the responses....

All over east Tennessee is a lie but that's OK? We love the jealous and envious posts of Driver and Red and Black.

I have to disagree with Maryville playing 5A. After thet beat down on one of the Tennessee's better 5A teams...according to polls and comparisons.... Maryville should be playing in 6A..... :D

All over east Tennessee is a lie but that's OK? We love the jealous and envious posts of Driver and Red and Black.

I have to disagree with Maryville playing 5A. After thet beat down on one of the Tennessee's better 5A teams...according to polls and comparisons.... Maryville should be playing in 6A..... :thumb:

Touche, but just how many miles is it from Halls to Maryville? But I digress.... I am admittedly a little envious of your success, just as in days gone by you were envious of ours. Nothing but respect for your program now. I hope we can make it a game in the next three years whilst you're still in 4A.

Geez I wish you guys could find some other excuse for Maryville's success than "not playing with the big boys" and all that other garbage that makes 5A out to be D1-AA compared to 4A. How many more students does Maryville have than Central? It must be an awful lot to make that kind of difference. Another poster said Maryville does not play with the "big boys" Define "big boys". Are the players just automatically stronger and better at 5A schools? If a 5A school has 30 more students than a particular 4A school does that make them automatically better in football. If you guys are just trying to get under the Maryville folks skin (like so many often try to do) then I understand, and i hope that is the case and you are really not that ignorant. Ooltewah was ranked 3rd in the State last year in mighty 5A when they played Wm Blount. Blount beat them. The next week Maryville went to Wm blount and put a 39-6 beat down on them. Gee wonder what they would have done to Ooltewah? This year blount loses to 5th ranked Ooletwah by 3 on the rd, and Maryville dominates Blount the next week. I made the Alcoa/McCalllie comparisons in an earlier post so I am not going to repeat that now. We beat Powell 45-7 two weeks ago and they beat Farragut last week and we cannot be Farragut?? Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maryville will win because:

1. The game is at Maryville.

2. Maryville has good players from all over E. Tn.

3. Maryville has great coaching.

4. Maryville is a 5 A school playing 4 A.

:thumb:

5. STARSNBARS recruiting and garbage service.

6. Maryville will remain a 4A school (field trip on next TSSAA headcount day)

7. Maryville has Blount County officials who take off caps when Maryville band plays the Mairvul Alma Tomater.

8. Maryville has the nicest 4X4 's.

9. Maryville will use a smoke-n-mirrors play Cade got from Spurrier (because Spurrier used one of G.Q.'s last season).

10. Maryville loves to read excus.....err.... reasons why their team lost to Rebels next week on coachT message board.

Edited by STARSNBARS