Henry County vs. Munford

hcrocks

Well, don't quote me on that. I never played him. That is just what I understand coming from some other coaches. I know Covington said that last week. Maybe I should edit my post from earlier.

Might be. I do live around there.

If this is his policy, then it is not illegal or anything. I just figure if the coaches in Jackson, where the schools do not like one another at all, can swap films, then I would assume most coaches do. It is hard for the YANKER to understand why he, or anyone, would not.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yanker, didn't JCM play East last year in the playoffs? Seems like I remember him not swapping film last year. But that could have been Fairly or Melrose I was thinking of.

Nonetheless Coach81, you are correct and Covington is probably the reason we have something to watch on them.

The YANKER did hear some rumbling last year in the playoffs about Coach Hampton having to drive to Memphis to get films. I do not know if it was East or Melrose.

If this is his policy, then it is not illegal or anything. I just figure if the coaches in Jackson, where the schools do not like one another at all, can swap films, then I would assume most coaches do. It is hard for the YANKER to understand why he, or anyone, would not.

I've seen it before. If a coach thinks he has an easy way to get film on you and you don't have an easy one on him then he might opt to not swap with you hoping you'll never get it. I've had to coach without getting any film when the other had some and believe me if everything else is equal you are fighting an uphill battle bigtime.

I've seen it before. If a coach thinks he has an easy way to get film on you and you don't have an easy one on him then he might opt to not swap with you hoping you'll never get it. I've had to coach without getting any film when the other had some and believe me if everything else is equal you are fighting an uphill battle bigtime.

The YANKER does not have a dog in this fight although JCM needs for HC to win. I do believe that it sounds legal, but unethical, not to exchange films. There is a certain code of ethics that is involved in most businesses and workplaces. I am led to believe that this is true in the coaching world as well. Therefore, the YANKER thinks that it is deplorable for any coach to be uncooperative with his fellow coaches and refuse to exchange films. If everyone in the business world, coaching world, industrial world, etc...behaved like this...no one would ever get along. It probably will not affect the outcome of the game, but if true, it is ridiculous.

The YANKER does not have a dog in this fight although JCM needs for HC to win. I do believe that it sounds legal, but unethical, not to exchange films. There is a certain code of ethics that is involved in most businesses and workplaces. I am led to believe that this is true in the coaching world as well. Therefore, the YANKER thinks that it is deplorable for any coach to be uncooperative with his fellow coaches and refuse to exchange films. If everyone in the business world, coaching world, industrial world, etc...behaved like this...no one would ever get along. It probably will not affect the outcome of the game, but if true, it is ridiculous.

Trust me, it is true, and I wish I had been able to say it like you just did. Most coaches work well together, but a group from a certain large West Tn. city refuse to be ethical about it.

Anybody got some stats on McNairl? yards, etc. Is he in the running for mr. Football? I haven't heard anything lately.

I wish I had his stats to date, but I don't. I do know that he had a fantastic game on Friday against Liberty. Rushed for just under 100 and threw for about 135 with 3 TD's.

I am with you on this one Yanker, its ridiculous! But that's OK, like I said earlier he'll get what he deserves.

Can you believe it, we have gone RED in this topic on Monday! That hasn't happened in a while. Wingman, I guess we don't need to entertain each other this week! :huh:

I wish I had his stats to date, but I don't. I do know that he had a fantastic game on Friday against Liberty. Rushed for just under 100 and threw for about 135 with 3 TD's.

I am with you on this one Yanker, its ridiculous! But that's OK, like I said earlier he'll get what he deserves.

Can you believe it, we have gone RED in this topic on Monday! That hasn't happened in a while. Wingman, I guess we don't need to entertain each other this week! :lol:

That's because the YANKER is back!!!!!!!!!!!!! My other thread is flourishing but I do not like the direction in which it is going. I am happy to be a part of both threads but the YANKER has got to get my beloved Cougars going!!!!!

Edited by Yanker

That's because the YANKER is back!!!!!!!!!!!!! My other thread is flourishing but I do not like the direction in which it is going. I am happy to be a part of both threads but the YANKER has got to get my beloved Cougars going!!!!!

Yes, the JCM thread is beginning to look like the HC thread after the DC loss. I am glad to see you standing up for your team and coaches. You are a true fan of the game Yanker! But as an outsider looking in, I am concerned about your coaching staff...

By the way, I liked your breakdown earlier today of who had the advantages. The only one I would not agree with is LB's. But I realize you haven't seen HC since Ridgeway and it is alot different now!

Yes, the JCM thread is beginning to look like the HC thread after the DC loss. I am glad to see you standing up for your team and coaches. You are a true fan of the game Yanker! But as an outsider looking in, I am concerned about your coaching staff...

By the way, I liked your breakdown earlier today of who had the advantages. The only one I would not agree with is LB's. But I realize you haven't seen HC since Ridgeway and it is alot different now!

You can be concerned about our staff but the YANKER will not go there. I am behind our coaches...period...whoever they may be!! Because if I air any discontent, I am causing harm to the program that I love. There is a time and a place for what you are talking about and this is neither. The YANKER will just be the best fan I can be to my school.

The YANKER has not seen HC in a while so my breakdown may be a bit flawed...but I doubt it because...I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anybody got some stats on McNairl? yards, etc. Is he in the running for mr. Football? I haven't heard anything lately.

Statistics are in the Jackson Sun every Thursday. McNairl was close to the top in passing and in the upper half in rushing. The YANKER has yet to make a decision on Mr. Football.

Statistics are in the Jackson Sun every Thursday. McNairl was close to the top in passing and in the upper half in rushing. The YANKER has yet to make a decision on Mr. Football.

Didn't know the Jackson Sun had individual stats for McNairl. I will have to look that up. But I do know this, if McNairl can keep piling up stats like he did against Liberty then he will most definitely be in the running for Mr. Football. However, our next few opponents will likely keep that from happening like it did at Liberty. But you never know!!!

Didn't know the Jackson Sun had individual stats for McNairl. I will have to look that up. But I do know this, if McNairl can keep piling up stats like he did against Liberty then he will most definitely be in the running for Mr. Football. However, our next few opponents will likely keep that from happening like it did at Liberty. But you never know!!!

By then, JCM should be ready to shut him down. I do not think Munford will shut him down and SS will be pretty tough on him. The SUN has individual stats for West Tennessee excluding Memphis.