Henry County vs. Munford

hcrocks

It sounds like a little bad blood developing and JCM and the YANKER are not involved!!! The YANKER loves it!!!!! The YANKER does not know any of the coaches involved but the coach from Munford gets my vote for TOP RECRUITER!!!!! My hope is that HC wins in a close hard hitting game and HC does not recover mentally or physically until October 14. I take that back...please recover on October 6 and beat SS...then have a relapse for a week!!!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!

Only the Yanker could say it like that! We missed you last week! The topic seems pretty lively right now, I love it!!! But don't count on your scenario to happen exactly like that. HC will be awaiting the Coagars arrival in Paris with much anticipation. But we have to fight another breed of Cougar this week. Can't be lookin' ahead now Yanker! :thumb:

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just remember us as the Munford you've always known. Our backs are to small and slow, our staff isn't that good, and JCM was a freak event.

I have not read where anyone said that Munfords backs were too small, or slow. I have not read anything about your staff not being any good, and that the JCM thing was a freak event. I have even typed that 23 and 7 are very fast and that JCM was not all they have been billed to be. I even took up for our coaches after one of your posters put our coaches under yours. With all that said, I was just trying to be polite earlier and that will just have to end, because I do not think that Munfords coaches are better than HC's coaches. I do not believe that any college coach worth his weight in ###### would listen to the word of a high school coach on a scholarship. A good coach would look at film and question a coach about attitude, and work ethic, durablility, that sort of thing. So coach81 how many scholarships has coach Randle been able to get offered without the recruiter looking at some tape? It is great to pat your coach on the back but cmon, Randle does not hand out scholarships, end of story.

The YANKER's prediction will come on Thursday for the HC game and the JCM game. Here is a quick breakdown of what I have seen and what I have read through the season. O-Line...slight edge to Munford----D-Line...advantage HC---Wide Receivers...advantage HC---Defensive Backs...advantage Munford---Linebackers...EVEN---Quarterback...advantage HC---Running Backs...advantage Munford---Kicking and Punting...advantage HC---Kick and Punt return...advantage Munford---Home Field...Munford---Recruiting...advantage Munford---Coaching...do not know.............I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing McNairl again. He didn't do a whole lot against Rideway but then again who does. Tell me about this kid. I know he's a fine player. have they used him anywhere besides Qb such as punt returner, dback, etc. I can't wait to see him in action.

He plays CB. Doesn't return punts or kickoffs though.

So coach81 how many scholarships has coach Randle been able to get offered without the recruiter looking at some tape? It is great to pat your coach on the back but cmon, Randle does not hand out scholarships, end of story.

He's not my coach. Thanks. Read above posts. And yes recruiters look at tape but alot off kids get overlooked because they don't get enough of exposure due to being on a bad team or in the wrong position or sitting behind an even better player or whatever. A lot of recruiters take certain coaches final advice on deciding what a kid can and can't do. Notice I said certain coaches. That means ones with a good track record just ask Gaddis, I'm sure he's one of them.

Like I said earlier, I just want to see a good game no matter who wins but being a former coach I don't like seeing people accuse coaches of wrongdoing when they have no proof. As far as recruiting players, if a player want's too follow his coach to another school then there is nothing wrong with that as long as everything is legal. According to the TSSAA, it was. The big tackle is his first cousin and they had been wanting to play together is the story I got from the father. The tackle would have been a prospect no matter where he played but is probably getting more recognition in a region with the competition of the JCMs and the Henry Countys where a lot of scouts are present instead of at Frayser where they play the Southsides, Northsides, and Westsides. As far as Madison, a source from Melrose told me he called Randall at East last year after he was benched to see if he could transfer, then he called him again this year to see if it was OK if he came to Munford. I don't know of any coach in there right mind that would say No to that. If he wanted to come to Henry Co. you would have opened your arms. I would defend Gaddis or anyother coach over such heresay stuff. My dog is not in this fight. I'll leave that between the two school's fans.

If it happened like you say, then it is perfectly legal and any coach would take them. On the other topic, the YANKER knows coaches swapped films when I was in school and I know JCM, SS, NS, and Liberty all swap with one another. Since you have admitted that Munford's coach does not...the YANKER thinks that is wrong and YOU have provided the proof.

Hey formercoach81, I can tell you're an old school guy. I'm wondering if you're the retired coach I think you are living outside Jackson. Anyway, I think what you said is pretty accurate. I've seen tape with both schools and seen Munford play while scouting. Their transfers have helped them alot but you can noticably see that the other guys are playing better and a heck of a lot tougher than they did last year. It looks like they don't quit like they did before. That region may just end up in a 3 way tie. Henry Co. got a lot of preseason hype and then they had a couple of loses. Let me tell you Dickson Co and Ridgeway are no joke. Henry co is real good and has some studs. Too bad I can't see this one. Isn't it at Munford?

On the other topic, the YANKER knows coaches swapped films when I was in school and I know JCM, SS, NS, and Liberty all swap with one another. Since you have admitted that Munford's coach does not...the YANKER thinks that is wrong and YOU have provided the proof.

Well, don't quote me on that. I never played him. That is just what I understand coming from some other coaches. I know Covington said that last week. Maybe I should edit my post from earlier.

Hey formercoach81, I can tell you're an old school guy. I'm wondering if you're the retired coach I think you are living outside Jackson.

Might be. I do live around there.

Edited by formerCoach81

Well, don't quote me on that. I never played him. That is just what I understand coming from some other coaches. I know Covington said that last week.

Yanker, didn't JCM play East last year in the playoffs? Seems like I remember him not swapping film last year. But that could have been Fairly or Melrose I was thinking of.

Nonetheless Coach81, you are correct and Covington is probably the reason we have something to watch on them.