Henry County vs. Munford

hcrocks

You act as if Henry Co. has been on top of the world. When Coach Gaddis came in three years ago, HC had been winning one or two games a year. His first year, we had a 2 and 8 record, but we were starting to be able to play with the big boys. Last year, we were 6 and 4 in the regular season and made it to the second round of the play-offs. This year, we are better and hopefully will continue to get better until tradition of winning is built. Munford coach is in no worse position than Gaddis was when he came in. And we did it without the transfers.

I deleted this earlier, but you are getting a little attitude so I will put it back on. Gaddis has nothing to hide. What is Munford coach afraid of? He would not return phone calls or exchange film. Sounds a little scared.

I personally don't know anything about Coach Gaddis but sounds like he's done a great job building up Henry Co. so congrats. No attitude just trying to get over looked. Scared no, I don't think no one is going to scare either yours or our coaching staffs.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By then, JCM should be ready to shut him down. I do not think Munford will shut him down and SS will be pretty tough on him. The SUN has individual stats for West Tennessee excluding Memphis.

Yanker, I just noticed that you have passed the 1000 posts mark! Congrats! :thumb:

How good is Munfords D-line would you say? Also, are there LB's tough and good tacklers? I notice you say they have great DB's, but if they are having to make tackles in the defensive backfield all night theny they will be in trouble. I have seen our #34 drag up to three DB's over 10yds down the field after they first hit him.

Other than a post from the "young and immature" Cephus, the only activity on here is from two Cougars from different towns!! The usual flurry of activity is absent. Even my own JCM thread has more action. I have checked the news to see if an earthquake or rare lake induced tidal wave has struck Henryland but have not seen a report on either!!! The YANKER is officially worried. Unless all means of communication have been destroyed, someone please respond so the YANKER can stop worrying about my HC friends.

Yanker, I just noticed that you have passed the 1000 posts mark! Congrats! :thumb:

How good is Munfords D-line would you say? Also, are there LB's tough and good tacklers? I notice you say they have great DB's, but if they are having to make tackles in the defensive backfield all night theny they will be in trouble. I have seen our #34 drag up to three DB's over 10yds down the field after they first hit him.

Are you in Henryland or out of town??? The absence of activity has the YANKER concerned!!! Their D-line is better than average and LB's fair. DB's are good...Madison and the RB from East and the QB are excellent athletes. HC has the better defense, however.

Are you in Henryland or out of town??? The absence of activity has the YANKER concerned!!! Their D-line is better than average and LB's fair. DB's are good...Madison and the RB from East and the QB are excellent athletes. HC has the better defense, however.

Not out of town today, but will be later in the week. It is busier than usual today for some reason. Yesterday was extremely active on this topic! Don't know where RedPride, wingman, oooooooo, and other faithful posters are. I am sure they will show up soon...

New to coach t but am enjoying the different threads and all the different comments from around the area regarding h.s. football. It's been a part of my life now for over 30 years and I am fortunate to remain a part of it on friday nights working different games around the memphis area. Couple of things to mention regarding swaping of game film. I noticed a number of you were concerned that the coach from Mumford was not swaping tape. I can give you some insight as to the whys. Coach Randall and I visited at the MIAA officials banquet and one of the topics of conversation included swapping of tapes with opponents. I understand that on more than one occasion he would receive tapes of poor quality that did not allow the viewer to see much of anything (formations, etc). Also, on a number of occasions tapes that were swapped ended up at other schools (Ex. schools that might be seen down the road in playoff games , or end up at other schools that a coach might have a buddy or friend at) . When you talk about character and integrity, it goes both ways. This type of practice has gone on for years. As for the Henry Co. -Munford matchup, I would have to say that HC should have the edge. Bigger, Stronger, Faster!!! I would say one thing as a precautionary note to HC. When Randall was in Memphis, I worked a number of games that I did not think realistically his team would have a chance in and watched myself proven wrong. Seems to get kids ready to play and is a great game and time manager. Hopefully it will be a good game. I'll be working the East -Northside game and will be out at Greenhill Thursday and at Whitehaven on friday. Enjoy what might just turn out to be an exciting night of football at Munford

I wish I had his stats to date, but I don't. I do know that he had a fantastic game on Friday against Liberty. Rushed for just under 100 and threw for about 135 with 3 TD's.

I am with you on this one Yanker, its ridiculous! But that's OK, like I said earlier he'll get what he deserves.

Can you believe it, we have gone RED in this topic on Monday! That hasn't happened in a while. Wingman, I guess we don't need to entertain each other this week! :thumb:

Good, to busy to do it anyway!!!

New to coach t but am enjoying the different threads and all the different comments from around the area regarding h.s. football. It's been a part of my life now for over 30 years and I am fortunate to remain a part of it on friday nights working different games around the memphis area. Couple of things to mention regarding swaping of game film. I noticed a number of you were concerned that the coach from Mumford was not swaping tape. I can give you some insight as to the whys. Coach Randall and I visited at the MIAA officials banquet and one of the topics of conversation included swapping of tapes with opponents. I understand that on more than one occasion he would receive tapes of poor quality that did not allow the viewer to see much of anything (formations, etc). Also, on a number of occasions tapes that were swapped ended up at other schools (Ex. schools that might be seen down the road in playoff games , or end up at other schools that a coach might have a buddy or friend at) . When you talk about character and integrity, it goes both ways. This type of practice has gone on for years. As for the Henry Co. -Munford matchup, I would have to say that HC should have the edge. Bigger, Stronger, Faster!!! I would say one thing as a precautionary note to HC. When Randall was in Memphis, I worked a number of games that I did not think realistically his team would have a chance in and watched myself proven wrong. Seems to get kids ready to play and is a great game and time manager. Hopefully it will be a good game. I'll be working the East -Northside game and will be out at Greenhill Thursday and at Whitehaven on friday. Enjoy what might just turn out to be an exciting night of football at Munford

I, too, have been involved in football for many years. I respect and appreciate your response. However, coaches (not all) from the Memphis area are the only ones I have ever heard of who will not swap film. And, more importantly, if this is their policy, they should at least respect the other staff enough to return phone calls and explain this instead of just ignoring them. Just my opinion.

WEll good mornign to all, been a little busy trying to get my work done so I can get to Memphis on Friday. Well, I have pondered everything that I can in my small mind, but it is there and I can not get it out of my sight so I will go ahead and give you Friday nights score! Henry county 37 Munford 20

Oh as for some of McNairls stats this past week, he only played 22 plays and led the Patriots to 35 points.

What you say about the problems with film exchange makes sense except for the fact that he has moved into a new region and apparently decided not to swap films. Why would he not cooperate with coaches in the new region and at least give them the chance to mess up instead of just assuming the films would be of poor quality??? This makes no sense to the YANKER!!!!! He would be ostracized in the business world and would either have to change or be run out.

I am just curious of where he might get his film of opponents, must be that he gets them from some of the means that you mentioned.

The YANKER has seen both teams play and this is NOT one of those games to which you refer. Munford has a realistic chance to win this one although the YANKER believes HC has a little better team overall.