Henry County vs. Munford

hcrocks

No disrespect to your #34, but as I recall, he is not nearly as fast as the Munford fullback. No one really looks very fast against Ridgeway, but I really feel like your guy is not nearly as fast.

Yanker, you are blinded by your own loyalty, I however am not. I saw the JCM-Munford game. The fullback was not that fast, he ran through holes untouched and was in the secondary untouched, that does not make him fast, now #23 and #7 are fast. I do not know how fast #34 for HC is but the big boy for Munford is not below a 4.8, in my opinion, he did not even look to be fast for a fullback.

What I do know is that Hogsett and Hardin were non-existant in the game. I really expected to see some heavy hitting after all I had heard about JCM.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yanker, you are blinded by your own loyalty, I however am not. I saw the JCM-Munford game. The fullback was not that fast, he ran through holes untouched and was in the secondary untouched, that does not make him fast, now #23 and #7 are fast. I do not know how fast #34 for HC is but the big boy for Munford is not below a 4.8, in my opinion, he did not even look to be fast for a fullback.

What I do know is that Hogsett and Hardin were non-existant in the game. I really expected to see some heavy hitting after all I had heard about JCM.

Well that JCM defense had been talked up by everyone including the Yanker, who says that JCM has the best athletes in the region, WEll I do not disagree, but if that is so, then why are they playing so poorly, they have not stopped anyone and have not outscored anyone with all these athletes, I must ask you Yanker, what is the problem? Plese do not refer to injuries, that is football, and you explained your stance on toughness and injuries last year, please do not cheapen your words by changing your opinion just becasue JCM had some key injuries. I remember what you said about our quarterback last year. HC has dealt with just as manyinjuries as JCM this year, but they have not missed a beat.

That changes my opinion a bit then. Our #34 is fast then compared to this guy. He runs about a 4.6 I would say. Pretty good for a 250 pounder! I am sure this fullback is big and tough. But our D-line has steadily improved through the season and our LB's are much better than I thought at the beginning of the season!

Well that JCM defense had been talked up by everyone including the Yanker, who says that JCM has the best athletes in the region, WEll I do not disagree, but if that is so, then why are they playing so poorly, they have not stopped anyone and have not outscored anyone with all these athletes, I must ask you Yanker, what is the problem? Plese do not refer to injuries, that is football, and you explained your stance on toughness and injuries last year, please do not cheapen your words by changing your opinion just becasue JCM had some key injuries. I remember what you said about our quarterback last year. HC has dealt with just as manyinjuries as JCM this year, but they have not missed a beat.

I was looking at the Jackson Sun online and saw a video interview with JCM's coach after the Soutside game. He looked pretty unimpressive in his responses after that loss. I am sure he was disappointed, but jeez he looked pitiful and at a loss for words as to what to do next. I hope JCM can pull out of this funk or it won't be any fun jousting back and forth with Yanker!

The Munford fullback that is being talked about was a force against JCM. But how did he do against Covington? Anybody know?

The YANKER has never mentioned a name or a position...I have used other references. Our players who are wounded are PLAYING depite the injuries...as they should if they can. We are tougher than most. We are not playing together as we should but the season is not over and NOTHING has been decided. As I said, the YANKER has my own ideas as to some problems at JCM but the YANKER does not stoop to negativity and bashing in reaction to losses...I will leave that to many of the HC fans who do that so well!!!!! And the HC faithful will have at least one more oppurtunity to react to a loss!!!!!

All the YANKER is saying is that the Munford fullback is FASTER than #34 from HC. That does not make him better...just faster. If the Munford fullback runs a 4.8 then #34 runs a 4.9 or 5.0. That is all I am saying. This is nothing about loyalty. I am loyal but truthful...this is what the YANKER believes to be true. I agree that the JCM defense has not played up to the potential of those playing on it. That must change. Non-existant is too strong a word but they were not the factors that they should have been.

All the YANKER is saying is that the Munford fullback is FASTER than #34 from HC. That does not make him better...just faster. If the Munford fullback runs a 4.8 then #34 runs a 4.9 or 5.0. That is all I am saying. This is nothing about loyalty. I am loyal but truthful...this is what the YANKER believes to be true. I agree that the JCM defense has not played up to the potential of those playing on it. That must change. Non-existant is too strong a word but they were not the factors that they should have been.

I don't think you got to see #34 much in the Ridgeway game Yanker. He was in some but we had Gallimore (#38) as the primary tailback in that game. He is faster than you suggest above for sure. Of course we haven't been measuring his speed while dragging defenders down the field!!! :P

Edited by Drewcephus

I don't think you got to see #34 much in the Ridgeway game Yanker. He was in some but we had Gallimore (#38) as the primary tailback in that game. He is faster than you suggest above for sure. Of course we haven't been measuring his speed while dragging defenders down the field!!! :P

Their fullback is great. As I said earlier, they may have more weapons than any team we have played. Yes, even Ridgeway. I am not saying they are better than Ridgeway, just that there are more people to worry about containing. We need to be talking about more than fullback speed. They have speed and talent all over the field. So do we. It should be a great game - if we win!

That changes my opinion a bit then. Our #34 is fast then compared to this guy. He runs about a 4.6 I would say. Pretty good for a 250 pounder! I am sure this fullback is big and tough. But our D-line has steadily improved through the season and our LB's are much better than I thought at the beginning of the season!

Got to agree about the D-Line, they have continued to improve during this season. THe Pats O-Line has also continued to improve. Last few games they have protected QB great and opened some big holes for 34 to gallop thru. I am guessing we will see some trick plays or misdirection thrown at HC from Munford.

How does the ex-Melrose QB transfer compare to Buck Wakefield from last years team? Had he not been on the field last year it would have been a 47-0 game not 47-12.

HC offense is rolling at 33 points a game last 4. Just see a difficult chore for Munford to slow it down.

I see HC breaking the Munford streak on Friday. W-L-W-L-W-L 3wins 3losses. That is about as up/down of a season as it can get.

Have you seen the two of them race? you said earlier that it is tough to tell playing Ridgeway, I do not recall 34 breaking into the open that night,

Ridgeways defense would not allow it, however jcms must not be as solid. It seems as if everyone looks better against jcm and their defense. According to some stats in the Jackson Sun, Covington held Munford to less than 100 total yards, must have stopped Earl Campbell, I mean that unstoppable Fullback.

That Fullback may indeed be the weapon that beats us, but I am a little more scared of the former East RB and the former Melrose player, those two have speed, much more speed than the FB. Notice the lower case jcm as that is all they deserve.

Their fullback is great. As I said earlier, they may have more weapons than any team we have played. Yes, even Ridgeway. I am not saying they are better than Ridgeway, just that there are more people to worry about containing. We need to be talking about more than fullback speed. They have speed and talent all over the field. So do we. It should be a great game - if we win!

You are on target my "Weaponry Infested-Fullbackingful-Ridgewaylessful-Containment Policyful-Multi-talenting-Greatfully Winful" friend!!!

I have seen Munford, JCM, and Henry County this year. JCM has by far the best athletes in the region. Henry has good ones overall and Munford has the least of the three. However, it is just the reverse as far as utilization of the athletes. JCM's athletes are underused and misused at times. Henry county has a good staff and good players and the scheme is sound. Munford's staff is the best of the three and is maximizing what talent they have. I went to the Munford-Covington Game Friday and I'll tell you I think Covington would beat Henry County by a couple of touchdowns. They have great athletes, a great coaching staff, the players are disciplined in the scheme and are ranked 4th in 3A for a reason. So you can't judge Munford by that. I think they had just under 90 yards offense so none of the backs did much. The defense was tough until halftime. I think this weeks game will be a toss up. I plan on attending it because it should be one of the best games in West TN this Friday. Good luck to all.