Henry County vs. Munford

hcrocks

If coacht picks the games for polls, tell me how in the world Munford and HC are not a big enough game to be there this week. At this point, they are basically playing for 7-4A region championship. I don't get it.

Munford has so many weapons. They have 4 or 5 guys that you have to watch for all the time: 7, 23, and 3 stand out in my mind.

What else do we know about them? Anybody have any insights?

Yanker, did you and your dad make it to the game in that horrible weather? How is he doing?

Do not count your chickens my "wrongful and mistakened" friend!!! If Munford wins this game, they are most likely the region champions. If HC wins, then loses to JCM, it will go to a tie breaker. Do not assume a victory over JCM if you beat Munford. JCM is down...but not out!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!

Got to agree about the D-Line, they have continued to improve during this season. THe Pats O-Line has also continued to improve. Last few games they have protected QB great and opened some big holes for 34 to gallop thru. I am guessing we will see some trick plays or misdirection thrown at HC from Munford.

How does the ex-Melrose QB transfer compare to Buck Wakefield from last years team? Had he not been on the field last year it would have been a 47-0 game not 47-12.

HC offense is rolling at 33 points a game last 4. Just see a difficult chore for Munford to slow it down.

I see HC breaking the Munford streak on Friday. W-L-W-L-W-L 3wins 3losses. That is about as up/down of a season as it can get.

Madison is MUCH faster and more athletic than Wakefield. He is more dangerous...PERIOD!!!!!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not count your chickens my "wrongful and mistakened" friend!!! If Munford wins this game, they are most likely the region champions. If HC wins, then loses to JCM, it will go to a tie breaker. Do not assume a victory over JCM if you beat Munford. JCM is down...but not out!! I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!

Madison is MUCH faster and more athletic than Wakefield. He is more dangerous...PERIOD!!!!!

Wrong, Maybe faster, but not by much, and definitely not more athletic, Why was he not starting at Melrose, Wakefield would have.

Have you seen the two of them race? you said earlier that it is tough to tell playing Ridgeway, I do not recall 34 breaking into the open that night,

Ridgeways defense would not allow it, however jcms must not be as solid. It seems as if everyone looks better against jcm and their defense. According to some stats in the Jackson Sun, Covington held Munford to less than 100 total yards, must have stopped Earl Campbell, I mean that unstoppable Fullback.

That Fullback may indeed be the weapon that beats us, but I am a little more scared of the former East RB and the former Melrose player, those two have speed, much more speed than the FB. Notice the lower case jcm as that is all they deserve.

You have problems!!! JCM's defense is not as good as Ridgeway's...I agree. I did not say that the Munford fullback was unstoppable...I said he was FASTER than your #34...I still say that. Why is that a bad thing??? I have not seen them race...the YANKER simply made an assessment that I will stand by. Please listen to the YANKER when I speak and you might understand what I am saying...everyone else seems to!!! The other two have GREAT speed...that is the point...for a fullback, the Munford guy has real good speed...even more than the guy who has become your primary running back!!!!!When the YANKER speaks...please try to listen before you go off on some unfounded attack my young immature "anti-prophet"!!!!!

Wrong, Maybe faster, but not by much, and definitely not more athletic, Why was he not starting at Melrose, Wakefield would have.

The YANKER is not familiar with this year's Melrose team so I cannot answer that one. I do know this...if Madison could not play for them...then Wakefield could not have either.

That is why I said at this point. You have to admit, surely, that right now it is the biggest game for all three teams. If we don't win, JCM can't be first. If we do win, then....

You have problems!!! JCM's defense is not as good as Ridgeway's...I agree. I did not say that the Munford fullback was unstoppable...I said he was FASTER than your #34...I still say that. Why is that a bad thing??? I have not seen them race...the YANKER simply made an assessment that I will stand by. Please listen to the YANKER when I speak and you might understand what I am saying...everyone else seems to!!! The other two have GREAT speed...that is the point...for a fullback, the Munford guy has real good speed...even more than the guy who has become your primary running back!!!!!When the YANKER speaks...please try to listen before you go off on some unfounded attack my young immature "anti-prophet"!!!!!

I have seen both of these backs and I have got to disagree. Coach81, who did you see Henry county play? I ask this due to your toss up statement. I have seen Munford-JCM and Henry coutny against Ridgeway, and Liberty, and although Munford beat JCM, I was not impressed with the JCM effort. Henry county has got it rolling pretty well right now. Your statements about the coaching staff, are very interesting, you seem to think you know what HC and Munford both has and how well the staffs are utilizing their talent. Now tell me about all the transfers Munford has gained, that is very interesting to me and how they all ended up there. From where do you get the knowledge to call Munfords coaching staff the best of the 3, do you even know the Henry coutny coaching staff?

I have seen Munford, JCM, and Henry County this year. JCM has by far the best athletes in the region. Henry has good ones overall and Munford has the least of the three. However, it is just the reverse as far as utilization of the athletes. JCM's athletes are underused and misused at times. Henry county has a good staff and good players and the scheme is sound. Munford's staff is the best of the three and is maximizing what talent they have. I went to the Munford-Covington Game Friday and I'll tell you I think Covington would beat Henry County by a couple of touchdowns. They have great athletes, a great coaching staff, the players are disciplined in the scheme and are ranked 4th in 3A for a reason. So you can't judge Munford by that. I think they had just under 90 yards offense so none of the backs did much. The defense was tough until halftime. I think this weeks game will be a toss up. I plan on attending it because it should be one of the best games in West TN this Friday. Good luck to all.

Ridgeway did not even beat us by a couple of touchdowns, commom opponents are meaningles and I know this but HC handled Brighton a lot easier than Covington did. Well what was the problem at Ripley? Ripley ranked #4 or what. How bad would Ripley beat HC?

I have seen Munford, JCM, and Henry County this year. JCM has by far the best athletes in the region. Henry has good ones overall and Munford has the least of the three. However, it is just the reverse as far as utilization of the athletes. JCM's athletes are underused and misused at times. Henry county has a good staff and good players and the scheme is sound. Munford's staff is the best of the three and is maximizing what talent they have. I went to the Munford-Covington Game Friday and I'll tell you I think Covington would beat Henry County by a couple of touchdowns. They have great athletes, a great coaching staff, the players are disciplined in the scheme and are ranked 4th in 3A for a reason. So you can't judge Munford by that. I think they had just under 90 yards offense so none of the backs did much. The defense was tough until halftime. I think this weeks game will be a toss up. I plan on attending it because it should be one of the best games in West TN this Friday. Good luck to all.

Henry Co. by far has the best staff, then Munford, then a very, very, very distant 3rd is JCM. JCM satys in games because of athletes. If Henry Co. staff went to JCM they would go deep in the playoffs each year. Munford is still a few years off, but if Randle leaves( transfer players leave) munford will be winless in the region again. Henry Co. BIG on friday night. 4 Touchdowns

I have seen both of these backs and I have got to disagree. Coach81, who did you see Henry county play? I ask this due to your toss up statement. I have seen Munford-JCM and Henry coutny against Ridgeway, and Liberty, and although Munford beat JCM, I was not impressed with the JCM effort. Henry county has got it rolling pretty well right now. Your statements about the coaching staff, are very interesting, you seem to think you know what HC and Munford both has and how well the staffs are utilizing their talent. Now tell me about all the transfers Munford has gained, that is very interesting to me and how they all ended up there. From where do you get the knowledge to call Munfords coaching staff the best of the 3, do you even know the Henry coutny coaching staff?

I have seen Henry County- Ridgeway. I say toss up based on what I have seen. I have the utmost respect for Henry County's coaching staff. I think they are a very good one. However, I do think Munford's is better. Randall has a state championship and a runner up in Tennesee all in less than 8 years ago, not too mention he went at least 10-1 for the last 10 years or so. He also has a Mississippi state title so he has the hardware that says he is better. Munford was not much better than 2-8 in the last 8 years, now they are 3-3. That's not an opinion, that is just plain facts sir. I don't think Henry's compares. Plus, it is well known among current and former West Tn coaches that Randall is a tough one. I do think Henry County is probably better now than when they played Ridgeway. I do think Henry County's talent is better. As far as transfers, Munford got 3. 2 of them are backs and 1 lineman. From all of my sources, they are all legitimate. All the families moved so they would have a better opportunity for the kids to get into college. That was probably smart because they would be saving around $80,000 compared to whatever it was that it cost them to move. Madison wasn't doing any good on the bench at Melrose because of a bad game. Heck, he went 14-1 and went to the state championship as a sophomore. The kid from East just wanted to go with his coach and have a great opportunity for his future, and the big tackle from Frayser wanted to up his chances. Now, I am told he is drawing interest from Alabama. Bottom line is Randall gets kids into college. I know of two from another school that he got into college last year just on his word to the college coaches. They were two kids he played against. Well, enough of that, I think it makes for a great game.

It doesn't get better then this for a true football fan. Munford trying to fight its way back to respectability and a powerful Henry Co. team coming to our place to battle head to head, the winner sits alone at the top of the region. I was at the covington game and they are a really good football team regardless of the classification. Someone commented about our up and down season, our 3 losses have come from teams with a combined record of 14-2. NO doubt we are a team that's trying to take those next steps hopefully friday night will be one of those steps. Henry Co. is a power house that was picked to go far in the playoffs, who picked us for anything except have a lock on last place, all we've done really is beat JCM. Your right on in your statement that we have the fewest athletes but our coaches do a good job trying to find ways for success. Yanker JCM will be ok remember just get a seat at the dance it's what you do when you get their that really counts. This is the year for region-7. Melrose is down they can be beat, no one else should be a factor out of memphis.

I have seen Henry County- Ridgeway. I say toss up based on what I have seen. I have the utmost respect for Henry County's coaching staff. I think they are a very good one. However, I do think Munford's is better. Randall has a state championship and a runner up in Tennesee all in less than 8 years ago, not too mention he went at least 10-1 for the last 10 years or so. He also has a Mississippi state title so he has the hardware that says he is better. Munford was not much better than 2-8 in the last 8 years, now they are 3-3. That's not an opinion, that is just plain facts sir. I don't think Henry's compares. Plus, it is well known among current and former West Tn coaches that Randall is a tough one. I do think Henry County is probably better now than when they played Ridgeway. I do think Henry County's talent is better. As far as transfers, Munford got 3. 2 of them are backs and 1 lineman. From all of my sources, they are all legitimate. All the families moved so they would have a better opportunity for the kids to get into college. That was probably smart because they would be saving around $80,000 compared to whatever it was that it cost them to move. Madison wasn't doing any good on the bench at Melrose because of a bad game. Heck, he went 14-1 and went to the state championship as a sophomore. The kid from East just wanted to go with his coach and have a great opportunity for his future, and the big tackle from Frayser wanted to up his chances. Now, I am told he is drawing interest from Alabama. Bottom line is Randall gets kids into college. I know of two from another school that he got into college last year just on his word to the college coaches. They were two kids he played against. Well, enough of that, I think it makes for a great game.

Coach Gaddis has a little Hardware too, as for getting kids into college, well most of that has to do with the athlete, a great coahc can not get a terrible player a D1 scholarship. As for the improved record of Munford Kudos to coach Randle who I believe to be a good coach, but does he make that kind of turn around with out the transfers, my answer to that question is no, so who is the difference in Munford, the players or coaches or a little of both. Very smart by players, but it is still recruiting, in my book. I know none involved but how much of this goes on year to year around Memphis. And with this kind of behavior, It is easier to understand Coach Randles records being so good, a little recruiting to help the cause. Ironic that all fo these transfers are colege prospects, i think not, well planned, and that is my opinion.