hampton AT COSBY who wins

Bulldogs#1

To all Hampton and Cosby fans I would like for you all to look at something go to YouTube.com and in the search spot in the right hand corner type in dick and rick hoyt and watch the video have some kleenex ready. It is about a father and son who give it all. Ii makes you think about the simple things in life that we take for granted.

i was a surgeon for 23 years and i have seen people die on my table so i am usually a very emotionally "immune" type of person but i couldn't help but be touched by this father's love for his son and the bond that they share. it is truly an amazing thing. anyone who is doubting whether or not to see it. YOU NEED TO. it is a truly humbling video.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was very impressed with the coaching staff of Cosby. They really showed me something when they took us to the shed. There is no envy here, just making a prediction. This will be a much closer game than many people think. Hampton is better than Cloudland this year, but the future is all I'm concerned about. I see things changing.

Nice to see you haven't flung yourself off the top of Roan Mountain! :lol: I appreciate the Cosby support, but your not the football guy I thought you were or you wouldn't have taken that lengthy hiatus. Hang in there King. Don't bail on your Landers. They'll be back near the top soon. <_<

i was a surgeon for 23 years and i have seen people die on my table so i am usually a very emotionally "immune" type of person but i couldn't help but be touched by this father's love for his son and the bond that they share. it is truly an amazing thing. anyone who is doubting whether or not to see it. YOU NEED TO. it is a truly humbling video.

My wife and I had seen a story of this father and son team on TV on Dateline, or 20/20, something like that. You should watchand hear an hours worth of that. The guy was so into giving his son as normal a life as possible that his wife left him, because she didn't get the attention she thought she should. All you Dads out there, hug your children, no matter what age, and hug your wife too, even if it hurts. <_< Not long from now, alot of us will have empty homes, kids off to college, then raising their own children. WE only have a few, and I mean a few, precious years, to hug and love our kids the way they were meant to be hugged and loved. No matter what your kids think of you, HUG THEM EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!

My wife and I had seen a story of this father and son team on TV on Dateline, or 20/20, something like that. You should watchand hear an hours worth of that. The guy was so into giving his son as normal a life as possible that his wife left him, because she didn't get the attention she thought she should. All you Dads out there, hug your children, no matter what age, and hug your wife too, even if it hurts. <_< Not long from now, alot of us will have empty homes, kids off to college, then raising their own children. WE only have a few, and I mean a few, precious years, to hug and love our kids the way they were meant to be hugged and loved. No matter what your kids think of you, HUG THEM EVERY DAY!!!!!!!!

So true they grow up fast and yes that is the first thing i thought about and did.

I'm sorry but I thought for some reason you and eagle3314 were one in the same. You seem to answer for each other. Looks like you got your hands full.

<_<:lol::lol: You really have no idea how humorous that is! (I'm being serious , not sarcastic.) Anyone who knows both of us, and our screen names, is gettin a chuckle out of that. Charger, you aren't too far off with your assumption, we're about as close as you can get to being one, but we are indeed two different people. I just happen to know him pretty good, and I've seen how much football he takes in. Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, there's football happening somewhere. If he isn't watching a game that is takin place in the present, he's studying film. It's entirely possible I'm a little bias, but I've been around football my entire life, and I've never seen anyone who knows or respects the game the way he does. Here I go answering for him again... That doesn't just happen on Coach-T! ;)

It is a great video. I had the whole story and video emailed to me. What alot of people don't know is that his son dream is to push his dad one time.

I put it off as long as I could, but finally gave in and watched. This video makes me realize that thanking God for a healthy child shouldn't just happen once in a while. It should be daily, and be accompanied by a prayer of blessings for Parents who have it rougher than some of us. Thanks for passing this along. (Even though my nose won't stop running till tomorrow.)

Dont know, just depends on how long this front stays around. Our field takes a pretty good beating week in and week out, but if this front gets out of here soon enough the track should be decent to good. A wet field doesnt really suit us either so I hope the field drys out and we can have a good safe surface for both teams. Hope all you Dogs travel safely and yes I AM READY! and so to are the Eagles, should be a good one! :lol:

I checked your local weather and its calling for heavy thunderstorms tonight, supposed to be nice tomorrow. Just wondered if your field drained pretty good. I believe Hampton is going to bring a good croud . Hope for a great hard hitting injury free ballgame. Hope you people don't take me to seriously, I just like to keep the chatter going. I respect every player and team in the state. It takes alot to play or Coach football. I still think Hampton is going to tear you up. Couldn't help it.

I checked your local weather and its calling for heavy thunderstorms tonight, supposed to be nice tomorrow. Just wondered if your field drained pretty good. I believe Hampton is going to bring a good croud . Hope for a great hard hitting injury free ballgame. Hope you people don't take me to seriously, I just like to keep the chatter going. I respect every player and team in the state. It takes alot to play or Coach football. I still think Hampton is going to tear you up. Couldn't help it.

pujo

Here is a live doppler radar link for down here

WBIR

Rain came through between 8:30-9:30 tonight. It came down hard, but its not rained here since then...

pujo

Here is a live doppler radar link for down here

WBIR

Rain came through between 8:30-9:30 tonight. It came down hard, but its not rained here since then...

Stick to writting the sports! Youre no weather man B) Wait you could be, I live about a minute away from the school and it has rained on and off all nite, so I guess you could qualify as a weather man. :huh: Just kidding root those Roosters on hard against them Canes tomorrow, hopefully Crawford and the boys can pull the upset! B)

Hey ,any of you Cosby fans,are we going to have a dry field. Wet field don't suit us that well. AND ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL.

We've got a lot of rain tonight for sure.

Looks like good football weather for game time though.

If we get some sunshine on tha hill during the day,

the field should be in great shape (and very clean B) )

Hope all the hampton fans have a safe trip.

Bring a chair and walking shoes .