Big 9 confrence

32-34combo

Why are they having the jamboree at East? It looks like they would pick a more central location for the conference, maybe Central, Boone?

No offense to Sullivan East but I am sure they would not want to drive all the way to Volunteer to see a jamboree. I will probably pass on this one, I'll see plenty once the season starts anyway.

Do the schools "bid" on the jamborees and tournaments?

Jamboree is at East so we can go to Ridgewood and get a Barbeque before we checkout the teams.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually the jamboree goes to the school that asks for it. No one ever objects. It is a head ache for the host school and most of the work falls on the head coach. They really dont want to deal with the extra work of putting a jamboree on. If you polled the coaches, I would say that most of them would be very happy if the jamboree was terminated. It is a long night that most coaches would rather use to practice or scrimmage. Some get lucky and get a quick scrimmage in before but most have to cut their practice short and go to a never ending night that the outcome means nothing. Oh well, it is good for the fans to get a preview, and if another team wanted to host I'm sure East would let them have it.

Jamboree is at East so we can go to Ridgewood and get a Barbeque before we checkout the teams.

Now that is a really good reason. Save me a seat and pass the BBQ Sauce!!

I meant no disrespect to East by my question, just for such a short game it does seem like more trouble than it is worth and I thought a more central location would benefit the majority. I have no problem travelling for the tournament because you get to see your team in action long enough to make it worth the trip.

Think whatever you wanna think. You thought TN High was going to be good last year and they couldn't even make the regionals. You also thought Central would finish near the bottom of the conference and they won the district. Your track record speaks for itself.

who cares about central and Tn high the conference will come down to Db and SHHS like it does every year..and the district tourney will be up for grabs....history has a tendancy to repeat itself fellas. Omar will still score near 20 a game and they will run on everyone...DB will be athletic as always...central will throw up shots that will fall as usual...it should be interesting but not too different this year. oh who cares about JV... dont you all go to the games for varsity? it is JV for a reason, they are not good enough to play varsity so stop wasting threads to talk about JV.

Edited by spenceSHHS

Now that is a really good reason. Save me a seat and pass the BBQ Sauce!!

I meant no disrespect to East by my question, just for such a short game it does seem like more trouble than it is worth and I thought a more central location would benefit the majority. I have no problem travelling for the tournament because you get to see your team in action long enough to make it worth the trip.

I agree. For a jamboree, it should be in a central location. However, eating Ridgewood bbq is worth driving to Bluff City to watch an exhibition. :lol:

who cares about central and Tn high the conference will come down to Db and SHHS like it does every year..and the district tourney will be up for grabs....history has a tendancy to repeat itself fellas. Omar will still score near 20 a game and they will run on everyone...DB will be athletic as always...central will throw up shots that will fall as usual...it should be interesting but not too different this year. oh who cares about JV... dont you all go to the games for varsity? it is JV for a reason, they are not good enough to play varsity so stop wasting threads to talk about JV.

Not necessarily. TN High has played in the district championship in '01,'02,'04,'05. But this year I believe it will go down to DB and the Hill.

A little demanding aren't u SHHS. These threads are used for all talk of the big 9 conference. I do think that is the headline. Although i do agree that jv ball shouldn't be mentioned.

LOL...cougarfan?????....I thought the cougars were from central....but you say that nobody gets by YOUR mo west team.....lol....you bandwagon jumpin phony.....i bet you root for Ohio State and until last week the Chicago Bears....lol....i won't be surprised if before the end of this season your name is changed to hilltopperfan.....lol...go home and play with your xbox you pathetic looser

Cougar fan all the way here, but its a given Morristown West is in the top 2 in the state. So how am I jumping on the bandwagon you idiot? I'm just stating that no team from the mountain lakes is going to get past morristown.

Well the jamboree wont show what the Vikings have at all because they have 7 varsity basketball players still playing football. Thats right 7. 3 maybe even 4 starters and all 7 of them will be getting considerable playing time this year so you can laugh at them at jamboree but it might come back to bite you when we play you in the season.

Also heard that DBs Coty Sensabaugh will be out 2 months with a broken leg suffered in their football game Friday. I really hate to hear that best wishes on a speedy recovery from Tennessee High.

7 on the football team ? Well atleast those seven will know what it feels like to get a beat down because from what I have heard they are going to get beat down by Morristown West tonight.

There is only two on the football team that might be worth mentioning

7 on the football team ? Well atleast those seven will know what it feels like to get a beat down because from what I have heard they are going to get beat down by Morristown West tonight.

There is only two on the football team that might be worth mentioning

Cougarfan you bein from Central and all I highly reccomend you not bring up anyone getting beat down in football because well I dont remember yall winning a single game :thumb: Only 2 worth mentioning -lol You remember the names Matt Fleenor, Thomas Turnbull, Corey Young, Jeff Baker, Marcus Canty, Matt Maclellan, and Mason Canty (who played a great game at QB the other night btw) after the season and tell me again theres only 2 worth mentioning .

Cougarfan you bein from Central and all I highly reccomend you not bring up anyone getting beat down in football because well I dont remember yall winning a single game :blink: Only 2 worth mentioning -lol You remember the names Matt Fleenor, Thomas Turnbull, Corey Young, Jeff Baker, Marcus Canty, Matt Maclellan, and Mason Canty (who played a great game at QB the other night btw) after the season and tell me again theres only 2 worth mentioning .

Wasn't that your JV team last year? :blink: