Oak Ridge at William Blount

TG24

Connor is a warrior and after he gets "cast" up, will be a huge asset on defense. His play at cornerback last year was stellar.

As for the QB situation, normally it would be David Irby. Circumstances are such that young Tyler Clark will get the start at quarterback this Friday night. Paul Bingham would normally be on the QB depth chart, but his play at tailback is too crucial for that move. Jared Stephens will be backing up Clark.

Things look bleak, Oak Ridge's backs are against the wall and now this, coupled with several key players missing Friday's game, make this assignment look overwhelming.

But ... who knows. It's high school football and despite William Blount being an even bigger favorite on paper now, they will still line it up and Oak Ridge will try their best and never give up.

It does not matter how banged up OR is or how tough of a season they are having. I have a very difficult time believing that WB would be favored on paper. WB has never beaten OR and is 1-2 in the region and have lost 3 straight. I would still favor OR (although small) just on the mental aspect alone. I hope I am wrong.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shhh, I am working over here. :thumb:

Oak Ridge has no chance now, after the stunning McMinn loss, the quarterback being young and inexperienced, replacing a senior that was finally starting to shine, the Wildcats could be in for a long night.

The past is the past, William Blount players know they have this one in the bag, I heard they are gearing their JV up because they will be getting playing time in the second half ... I just heard that from someone, who had a cousin, who was a trainer for a team that scrimmaged another team last spring. :thumb:

It does not matter how banged up OR is or how tough of a season they are having. I have a very difficult time believing that WB would be favored on paper. WB has never beaten OR and is 1-2 in the region and have lost 3 straight. I would still favor OR (although small) just on the mental aspect alone. I hope I am wrong.

Found out last night. X-rays showed a fracture in his throwing hand. Should be able to cast it and play defense.

Did it happen last week against mcminn or did it happen during practice? And what position does he play on defense? And i wish him a helathy and speedy return.

That's kinda like having a reactor and not planning for what happens if the cooling pump fails. You plan ahead for things that are predictable in your profession before they actually happen and you only have moments to decide.

Ole Dad

I think there are a few people in Oak Ridge that might know a thing or two about reactors. I still like to refer to the OR as Clinton Engineering Works, but what do I know, I still refer to Alcoa as North Maryville, and Ooltewah as the county seat of James County. (Look it up) WB by 3

Some think WB has an advantage on paper? Really. 0-12 all-time. OR's QB being out is huge but WB does not have a passing game with the starter in the game. This makes this a smash mouth, up the middle one dimensional game for both teams. I think Bingham and Helton of OR are better backs than Walker and Baskin are and the ole' Wang-Tea WB's Meadows uses is not very effective. OR is hurt because Coach SS likes to throw the skin about 1/3rd of the time, and I am not sure it would be as effective with a first time starter under center.

I see a low scoring game and another un-happy ending for the gov's.

OR 17

WB 6 (Two Field Goals)