Smith County vs. Westmoreland

SCHS FAN

thats fast 4.5 realy nice...we have some boys close to that #4 for the eagles is a mid 4.5 and # 30 is just a step off that not to mention others......we will see how it plays out friday night under the lights

Close to that is good...but still not fast enough to catch him. Nobody will catch Tez from behind. If he gets in the open...he will take it to the house. He can also break tackles.

I know Westmoland has a good team. Jackie is a great coach...and will have the Eagles very well prepared...as will Maynord. That's what makes this a very good matchup. SC has to take care of the ball. Westmoland didn't last year...and that was a lot of the 21 point difference. SC has struggled to win at Westmoland in the past. We'll see if that era is over. All in all...this should be a very good high school game to see...especially with the region title...and home field all through the playoffs on the line.

Edited by Antwan

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were Westmoland (TWAN!!!)...I wouldn't be so worried about Tez as I would be worried about all the OWLS...From what I saw last Friday...OWL defense should have a fairly good night...I'll predict that SCHS will score as much from the defensive side of the ball as the offense will...GO OWLS!!!!

Well...I just got back from Westmoreland...and seating will not be an issue...if they only had the few people next week that they had there tonight...(SENIOR NIGHT)... then we'll be able to sit on both sides of the field...and have room to spare for the Westmoreland people to sit too...Kind of sad...those kids put in all those years for a sport...and hardly anyone there...GO SENIORS!

I enjoyed the Sequatchie cheerleaders...most enthusiastic group of girls I've ever seen...

GO OWLS!!!

That was the smallest home crowd I've seen in years. The home side was half full, if that, and it's not a large set of bleachers to begin with. Sequatchie isn't a good team this year and it was a non-region game but that was pretty sad, a lot of people were talking about it on the Sequatchie side and how it's not a lot of respect for the players especially the seniors. WM was a good team, but Sequatchie did not make plays that I believe Smith County will. Two of the long passes could have easily been intercepted but the players defending didn't do it. One was underthrown and the player had to wait, but the defenders still didn't make a play on it as they'd lost track of the ball. I don't see Smith doing that. Sequatchie's All-State DB from last year would have gotten both of those but he's out injured, the one with the kick return TD against Smith in the playoffs. Smith has such talent. Sequatchie didn't run the ball but that's been the story all season, so nothing different about WM than other defenses Seq has seen. WM QB can make plays against an aggressive pass rush but I see Smith's defense being more disciplined that Seq's young group (had a lot of freshmen and sophomores out there, even a freshman captain). I'd say Smith 28 WM 14. The cheerleaders were probably all excited by the disco music being played.

Edited by Indian

If I were Westmoland (TWAN!!!)...I wouldn't be so worried about Tez as I would be worried about all the OWLS...From what I saw last Friday...OWL defense should have a fairly good night...I'll predict that SCHS will score as much from the defensive side of the ball as the offense will...GO OWLS!!!!

You are right Queenie...but I love to see Tez when he sees that opening. We do have a lot of other weapons. Westmoland has to defend all of them. That's a nice luxury to have.

As a third party, I will throw my two cents in. WHS is sneaky quick. They looked good against us in week two. I don't think it will be a blowout either way. But if you asked me what will be the difference, it will be the SC front 7. If they play the way they did against MC, they wil win.

Sorry eagles my prediction is SC 17, WHS 14.

But then again anything can happen.

i think the game will be decided in the forth quarter and turnovers who ever plays harder in the forth and keeps the turnovers down will win in this one

Well thats usually how a good football game like this is supposed to be decided, but I don't know what to say cause I have not watched Westmoreland play in a really long time. I do know how good we are and how good our coaches are at stopping the Wing T. So I have to say we have the advantage, but its a small one I think.

Well thats usually how a good football game like this is supposed to be decided, but I don't know what to say cause I have not watched Westmoreland play in a really long time. I do know how good we are and how good our coaches are at stopping the Wing T. So I have to say we have the advantage, but its a small one I think.

Why am I hearing SC being so nice online. This is not normal. Not as entertaning as usual. I think it is you cant find an argument. You can go ahead and say it. You know you want to. We dont care. :thumb: GO OWLS! REPRESENT! I think everyone loathes our Smith Co teams anyway. Even got handed the met lab joke on the other team thread. ;) It was one of your FC buddies. :o

Why am I hearing SC being so nice online. This is not normal. Not as entertaning as usual. I think it is you cant find an argument. You can go ahead and say it. You know you want to. We dont care. ;) GO OWLS! REPRESENT! I think everyone loathes our Smith Co teams anyway. Even got handed the met lab joke on the other team thread. :o It was one of your FC buddies. ;)

Oh my, I can't stand the way those guys run their mouths. Anyway, we haven't really had alot of smack thrown at us but I will say that if it comes down to a fourth quarter ballgame, it is ours. I personally think their only chance is to get up fairly big and early to try and make us one dimentional. :thumb: