Who wins 1a state championship?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shocker0
Ah, so Watertown and Montery.... two teams that are having thier best seasons in a while (yes i know they were still beat by you guys in region 2 that is a compliment to you). Sadly, these are also two teams that only one will make the playoffs at the fourth seed, and the other will stay home. To say they are big guns in region 4 would be a vast overstatement.

Yeah and the team that beat Watertown (I'm betting that's the one your saying will make the playoffs as a 4 seed), lost to Region 2's #3 ranked team, Midway, by two touchdowns. Then our #2 team Harriman whipped Monterey, but I don't think their that good anyway...I'm just saying you should wait until playoffs and watch Region 2 and possibly Region 1 (<--I think they seem to be even better this year too). And since by the sounds of it, most other regions have gotten a little worse, I would not be surprised one bit to see the champion come out of one of those regions...I'm hoping it's Coalfield though, so they can silence everybody whose says their no good, despite only losing maybe a total of 6 games in three years. I hope they surprise all of you, and I think they will, if not them, it will be whoever beats them, IMO.

Not so fast my friends TC has a excellent chance to be a spoiler for someone in the playoffs. I witnessed a revitalized team last week against a very good GHS team.I agree that So. Pitt and FCS are a heavy favorite to meet for the right to go to the Boro this year and possibly the winner will take the gold ball, but the Jackets never say never this time of year.and seem to be playing a lot harder. The open date allowed several players to heal up at the right time and coming off a huge win getting back to .500 with a good chance to be at 5-3 when heading to FCS with momentum in tow. FCS are a very good team and So. Pitt speaks volumes across the state with their program, but don't count out the old ball coach and the Jackets there has been several to run into the wall looking back at the creekbank.

Just to build off of what creekbank said. Yes FCS and South Pitt are both heavy favorites to meet each other in round 3 of the playoffs, but look at last year. Last year alot of people would have said that TC and South Pitt were the heavy pick to meet in round 3 so you can never tell who will win or what will happen.

Fayette Acd,who probably should have beaten Union City last year in the playoffs and McKenzie are the best two 1A teams in West Tennessee...And this year if Jo Byrns makes it that far they will have to venture into West Tn to play in the semis....

ROAD TRIP!!!

Who wins it and what region?

McKenzie Rebels. I would put my chance with them. Although I am a Union City / Obion Co. fan, I have seen McKenzie play and they have what it takes.

BIG< BIG FRont line 250 - 280 lb. Three allstate type receivers, Great backs and ONE HECK OF A QUARTERBACK. Drew Hayes might have set many state records but this kid is only a junior. 6'3" around 220 and has a great arm as well.

I know I have not seen anyone else outside of West Tennessee High school football but in single A McKenzie has what it takes to be there. They are just like the Union City's team from last year but maybe just a bit bigger on the Lines and the QuarterBack is one heck of a player.

That's my 2 cents!!!!