Who wins 1a state championship?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PEOPLE HAVE GOT TO UNDERSTAND FAYETTE IS PUTTING CLOSE TO 400 YARDS OF OFFENSE ON THE BOARD EACH GAME..... THATS ON THE GROUND.... WAIT TILL THERE QB GETS BACK AND HE'LL BE BACK FOR PLAYOFFS FOLKS... IT'LL BE THE BEST BALANCED ATTACK IN TN

The Pirates ran for 425 yards against 2-A Marion County and had a couple of passing TD's, a defensive TD and they ran a kickoff back. That's pretty balanced

I can narrow it down to 4 teams.

South Pittsburgh, Friendship Christian, Trousdale County, or Gordonsville.

TC is healthy now. FC and GV play Friday night, should be a good one.

South Pittsburgh or as some other people are saying, Speed Pittsburgh.

Don't like gordonsville but i have got to agree with this fan.

PEOPLE HAVE GOT TO UNDERSTAND FAYETTE IS PUTTING CLOSE TO 400 YARDS OF OFFENSE ON THE BOARD EACH GAME..... THATS ON THE GROUND.... WAIT TILL THERE QB GETS BACK AND HE'LL BE BACK FOR PLAYOFFS FOLKS... IT'LL BE THE BEST BALANCED ATTACK IN TN

Geesh man, how can you say that 4 backs by season's end over 1,000 yards and maybe a 1,000 yard passer isnt the most Balanced Attack in Tennessee 49.6 Points a game vs 5.7 against..7games 4 shut out's only 2 touchdown's scored on 1st team... 1 AAA school 2AA school's... 6 back's with 4.5 speed or better... how much more Balanced is that in High school ... id take 15 of the Pirates and Line them up against 15 of any school in the state any class and beat them..... I have alot of respect for alot of team's so this in no way is a reflection on them just comparing balance. 346 points scored - 42 against

Edited by Geno

Geesh man, how can you say that 4 backs by season's end over 1,000 yards and maybe a 1,000 yard passer isnt the most Balanced Attack in Tennessee 49.6 Points a game vs 5.7 against..7games 4 shut out's only 2 touchdown's scored on 1st team... 1 AAA school 2AA school's... 6 back's with 4.5 speed or better... how much more Balanced is that in High school ... id take 15 of the Pirates and Line them up against 15 of any school in the state any class and beat them..... I have alot of respect for alot of team's so this in no way is a reflection on them just comparing balance. 346 points scored - 42 against

Easy to quote big stats when your opponents have a combined record of 20-32 with three of your wins coming against teams that only have three wins combined (probably against each other). Only two teams you have played have a winning record and you beat a 1-7 Boyd Buchanan team by a score of 19-14. S.P. may be the best team in the State, only time will tell. Until you've played a legitimate team, I'd restrain some of the smack talk and boasting the huge stats you've accumalated against inferior competition.

Exactly...what happened in the Boyd Buchanan game? Let me guess, you guys practically handed them the win but they didn't take advantage of it?

Nope. What happened was a DB who was in his second game as a starter blew coverage on the WR two times or they would not have scored. Besides SP had one touchdown called back because of a holding penalty that was questionable. They also scored on they last play of the first half but the officials did not say the runner got in. Video eveidence shows he did actually get in. That's OK Boyd could not stop the run between the tackles that night . They concentrated on the outside. It was a good game and it is a huge rivalry between SP and Boyd. SP has a easy region but they are a team that will be in the mix in the playoffs. They are very good. That is what happened in the Boyd game since you wanted to know. Boyd is not a slouch and they will probably show some people in the playoffs.