District 11AA

Big Country

I completly agree. He could be a 2 guard or a 3 at the next level and he can shoot, penetrate, and doesn't play bad defense. I hope APSU starts to look at him because he has earned everything hes done on a team that is not real athletic or big. He could probably do good at APSU and maybe end up a being a threat. I also think others from the district should get noticed. Cody Dunn has the potential but his attitude will cost him big time.

Oh and BC are you connected to the APSU program or anything?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed reading it as well. The personal level it got with both Coach and West. Premiere people they are. APSU would be a nice fit for #30 of the Rebels. IF they overlook him it'll be stupid. But, business is business for most. Here's for hopin :thumb: Good luck to Jake anywhere he goes, he'll be a profound asset for whatever team he plays on

I really enjoyed reading it as well. The personal level it got with both Coach and West. Premiere people they are. APSU would be a nice fit for #30 of the Rebels. IF they overlook him it'll be stupid. But, business is business for most. Here's for hopin :D Good luck to Jake anywhere he goes, he'll be a profound asset for whatever team he plays on

I too think that Jake West is a really good player and probably the MVP. But I think he is best suited for a small school like Bethel, Jackson State or something like that. Because when he gets to a larger school he won't be able to shake the more athletic type player to get his points. I've also not been overly impressed with his defense. I know all the SC fans are going to get mad at me, but remember, I said he is the MVP of the District but just not big college material. As far as Cody Dunn. Forget it. Every game I've seen him play he scores most of his points on the subs. He is usually a nonfactor against good teams.

I too think that Jake West is a really good player and probably the MVP. But I think he is best suited for a small school like Bethel, Jackson State or something like that. Because when he gets to a larger school he won't be able to shake the more athletic type player to get his points. I've also not been overly impressed with his defense. I know all the SC fans are going to get mad at me, but remember, I said he is the MVP of the District but just not big college material. As far as Cody Dunn. Forget it. Every game I've seen him play he scores most of his points on the subs. He is usually a nonfactor against good teams.

I totally agree with you. Jake will do good at a small school on the next level. He is very inconsistent with both offense and defense. If he gets down it is very hard for him to come back and regain his composure. I truly hope he can keep it together for the remainder of the season and assist Jared Lancaster in getting a bid to the regionals again.

As far as Cody Dunn is concerned he is not a threat. He does not have the ability or attitude to play at any level. If I was the coach, he would be benched for his display of unsportmanlike behavior or totally off the team. THere is no excuse for the way he acts. Either you can play or you are just all mouth. In his case, he is just a mouth without the ability to back anything up.

Well some SC fans may disagree, but not most. We all pretty much know or see Jake's ability..his strengths and his weaknesses. It would be great to see him in Div. 1 OVC play, esp. since he'd be around this area still, but he would be better off at a JuCo or Smaller Univ. Ones I think he'd be good for would be at Union(jackson), Lambuth (jackson), Bethel (mckenzie), or at Jackson State. I love watchin him play and would pretty much be aight with whatever school he goes to, as long as he plays. MVP is in my book too. Cody Dunn?? His name doesnt even need to be mentioned.

Thanks for the honesty PT

There's no way that Jake West can play division 1 basketball. He's very undersized to even think about it. He's not very quick and doesn't play very good defense. I've seen him play a lot the past two years and he doesn't seem to work very hard either. He would be a great player at a smaller NAIA school. If he did get on a D1 team, he would have to be a walk on and would primarily be a practice player.

Well some SC fans may disagree, but not most. We all pretty much know or see Jake's ability..his strengths and his weaknesses. It would be great to see him in Div. 1 OVC play, esp. since he'd be around this area still, but he would be better off at a JuCo or Smaller Univ. Ones I think he'd be good for would be at Union(jackson), Lambuth (jackson), Bethel (mckenzie), or at Jackson State. I love watchin him play and would pretty much be aight with whatever school he goes to, as long as he plays. MVP is in my book too. Cody Dunn?? His name doesnt even need to be mentioned.

Thanks for the honesty PT

Your welcome. I like yourself like watching him. He has an excellent shooting touch, but like SCHSBBFan stated, he does get down on himself a lot and that hurts him and his team. Lancaster is a very good inside player (reminds me a lot of Ryan Hollis from Waverly a couple years ago) and is an asset to SC. With Jake and him together, they could be tough to beat. But they have to learn to work together and not get down when something goes bad. Good luck.

I completly agree. He could be a 2 guard or a 3 at the next level and he can shoot, penetrate, and doesn't play bad defense. I hope APSU starts to look at him because he has earned everything hes done on a team that is not real athletic or big. He could probably do good at APSU and maybe end up a being a threat. I also think others from the district should get noticed. Cody Dunn has the potential but his attitude will cost him big time.

Oh and BC are you connected to the APSU program or anything?

Just a student of the university and a fan of our basketball program. I'm ready to go dancing this March <_<

Jackson State is as D-I as APSU is my man & another interesting fact about JSU is the fact that they have the NCAA's leading scorer this season THUS FAR!!!! Once again I'll challenge anyone to look it up.

Don't forget tonight's list of games folks.

Cheatham Co. at Montgomery Central

Waverly Central at Sycamore

Creek Wood at Fairview

Harpeth at Stewart Co.

I'LL HAVE UPDATES AS THE GAMES GO FINAL <_<

Creek Wood won at Fairview tonight 53-36 & Sycamore drilled Waverly Central at home by 30+.

Still awaiting the results of the other two contests :lol:

Edited by Big Country