District 11AA

Big Country

I see the district as being a 2 team race between Harpeth and Sycamore with the Indians getting the #1 seed. I think 3 through 5 is still wide open and those teams are pretty even depending on who shows up on a given night. Definitely want to try and stay out of the #4 / #5 play in game though. Then the cellar dwellars who I think are all about the same and will make first round exits in the tourny.

It's pretty clear that you don't believe Cheatham Co. (nor Creek Wood & Stewart Co.) can challenge Sycamore or Harpeth for district supremecy.

Does anyone else believe otherwise OR will it once again be a battle between the Indians & War Eagles that decides this thing when all is said and done?????

Creek Wood has already proven a few times that they can beat Harpeth on a given night and it was only last year that Stewart Co. shocked Sycamore. Like the majority I'd have to say that Harpeth & Sycamore are the two heavy favorites to win the district but Friday night will determine just how far a team like Cheatham Co. has come to catching up to them :unsure:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty clear that you don't believe Cheatham Co. (nor Creek Wood & Stewart Co.) can challenge Sycamore or Harpeth for district supremecy.

Does anyone else believe otherwise OR will it once again be a battle between the Indians & War Eagles that decides this thing when all is said and done?????

Creek Wood has already proven a few times that they can beat Harpeth on a given night and it was only last year that Stewart Co. shocked Sycamore. Like the majority I'd have to say that Harpeth & Sycamore are the two heavy favorites to win the district but Friday night will determine just how far a team like Cheatham Co. has come to catching up to them :thumb:

I just cant wait until the tournament rolls around Sycamore and Harpeth &Cheatham have been playing good but they havent won any blowouts until Creekwood this is and interesting district and waverly has proved anyone can win on any night Stewart County has been playin tired but i believe the coaches will get them rowdy again good luck to all teams and Stewart County make a statement friday night against Mont. Central!

I just cant wait until the tournament rolls around Sycamore and Harpeth &Cheatham have been playing good but they havent won any blowouts until Creekwood this is and interesting district and waverly has proved anyone can win on any night Stewart County has been playin tired but i believe the coaches will get them rowdy again good luck to all teams and Stewart County make a statement friday night against Mont. Central!

Believe me if Harpeth wanted to blow out Stewart, Waverly, or Fairview they could of done so easily. And Creek WOod is a team that beats Harpeth when they play at CW, CW is a good squad with a good coach and Cheatham IMO will beat Sycamore this friday. I dont see Stewart beating Harpeth again this season, but I wouldnt be suprised if Cheatham gives them a dog fight, that is the only game I am worried about. :thumb:

5 STRAIGHT DISTRICT LOSSES FOR STEWART COUNTY!!!!!

Montgomery Central is no easy place to win a game as Cheatham Co. found out last week in their OT win. If Stewart doesn't bring their A-GAME then that number of consecutive defeats may reach 6 :thumb:

In the end on Friday Night this is how I expect things to shake out:

Cheatham Co. over Sycamore at home by 1 in a classic. The Cubs are playing well of late while Sycamore's defense has been untouchable of late as well. I expect Cheatham's pressure to make this an uptempo style of game with scoring reaching numbers in the 70's. That's far more than the 40's in which Sycamore has been clamping down and holding people to of late. Cheatham Co. WINS 72-71.

Stewart Co. over Montgomery Central by 6. The Rebels have been slumping of late but Montgomery Central seems to just be a team in total disarray. I'd expect this one to be a low scoring dog fight in which one team's star player out performs the other (Jake West > Cody Dunn = Stewart Co. WINNER). Rebels OVER Mont. Cent. 51-45.

Harpeth over Waverly Central in a cakewalk by 20. The Indians are clearly the best team in the district up to this point in the season as they've beaten every major opposition to cross their path. Waverly is improving as is evident in the other night's win over Central but as HHS told me the other day "Harpeth is no Montgomery Central". Harpeth should have their studs on the bench by the end of the third period in this one. Harpeth CRUSHES Waverly Central 70-50.

Montgomery Central is no easy place to win a game as Cheatham Co. found out last week in their OT win. If Stewart doesn't bring their A-GAME then that number of consecutive defeats may reach 6 :o

Cheatham Co. over Sycamore at home by 1 in a classic. The Cubs are playing well of late while Sycamore's defense has been untouchable of late as well. I expect Cheatham's pressure to make this an uptempo style of game with scoring reaching numbers in the 70's. That's far more than the 40's in which Sycamore has been clamping down and holding people to of late. Cheatham Co. WINS 72-71.

Stewart Co. over Montgomery Central by 6. The Rebels have been slumping of late but Montgomery Central seems to just be a team in total disarray. I'd expect this one to be a low scoring dog fight in which one team's star player out performs the other (Jake West > Cody Dunn = Stewart Co. WINNER). Rebels OVER Mont. Cent. 51-45.

Harpeth over Waverly Central in a cakewalk by 20. The Indians are clearly the best team in the district up to this point in the season as they've beaten every major opposition to cross their path. Waverly is improving as is evident in the other night's win over Central but as HHS told me the other day "Harpeth is no Montgomery Central". Harpeth should have their studs on the bench by the end of the third period in this one. Harpeth CRUSHES Waverly Central 70-50.

Agree on everything 100%.

I really like the Cheatham over Sycamore, as I said in an earlier post, BUT it wouldnt suprise me if Sycamore went out thinking they have to prove they are not a joke and can win this district, they think they are the best team in this district and what other game to prove this except for the Cheatham Sycamore game. :thumb:

Montgomery Central is no easy place to win a game as Cheatham Co. found out last week in their OT win. If Stewart doesn't bring their A-GAME then that number of consecutive defeats may reach 6 :lol:

Sycamore is playing good ball as is Cheatham but in the long run Sycamore has a better team in shooting defenses will match up but height and scoring will be the difference in the game

Stewart and Mont. Central game is goona be good for the rebels they got a huge win in homecoming last night by 30 but tonite shouldnt be taken for granted mont.central is out to prove sumthin after the wavo loss but i dont think so tonite my score

Sycamore-74

Cheatham-67 (ot)

Stewart-44

Mont.Central-36

Edited by CatfishHunterJR

Sycamore is playing good ball as is Cheatham but in the long run Sycamore has a better team in shooting defenses will match up but height and scoring will be the difference in the game

Stewart and Mont. Central game is goona be good for the rebels they got a huge win in homecoming last night by 30 but tonite shouldnt be taken for granted mont.central is out to prove sumthin after the wavo loss but i dont think so tonite my score

Sycamore-74

Cheatham-67 (ot)

Stewart-44

Mont.Central-36

Sycamore and CHeatham are pretty equal in heighth, John Kinman doesnt count because he only plays like 5 minutes a game.

Yea John might not use his height well, but nobody on cheatham can defend Pierre or Travis inside. Dont forget that Sycamore beat Cheatham without Lohin the whole second half of last game. Sycamore's defense will win this game and will win by more than people think.

He used it well tonight as his dunk in the first period was without question the turning point of the game. Sycamore rolled at Cheatham Co. tonight to remain tied with Harpeth (who beat Waverly) for the district lead.

How did the Montgomery Central vs Stewart Co. game go?????????