District 11AA

Big Country

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sycamore beat MC tonight, 78-33, looks like everybody on Sycamore scored Murray Harris had 16 to lead all scorers. Cody Dunn had 2 for his last game of his high school career. I am sure his back was killing him I could see that at MC when we went there. I know all about back injuries and I hope it doesnt affect his swing in baseball.

Cheatham won 58-37. Beach had 29.

WOW, just saw the halftime score to this game, 21-11 Waverly, what happened. Looks like Beach decided to take over.

Beach scored every last one of them 29 in the second half of the game tonight HHSnumber1fan :)

He "tweaked" an ankle during warmups and missed the first half but he did play in the second half and led a very impressive comeback. The difference between the two halves for the Cubs tonight was the DEFENSIVE INTENSITY!!!! The Cubs turned up the heat on that end of the floor in the third period and turned a ten point deficit into a comfortable lead heading into the fourth period of play.

I heard that Wilson wasn't too thrilled to be playing Fairview when the flip results came about but his team got it done on a night when they weren't at their best either (like the Cubs).

Sycamore rolled Montgomery Central 78-33. The War Eagles continue to steamroll everyone in the district that they play NOT NAMED HARPETH!!!!

Creek Wood made me look ridiculous tonight as they held Jake West in check and beat the Stewart Co. Rebels. Congrats to the Red Hawks for earning what's now going to be their first Regional Tourney berth in the history of the school.

In closing tonight I'd like to say hats off to Jake West on what was without an outstanding high school basketball career. The memories he provided for the people in Dover will last for generations without question and in this person's opinion he led the way in turning a program that used to be nothing short of TERRIBLE into DISTRICT CONTENDERS!!!!!

Beach scored every last one of them 29 in the second half of the game tonight HHSnumber1fan :)

He "tweaked" an ankle during warmups and missed the first half but he did play in the second half and led a very impressive comeback. The difference between the two halves for the Cubs tonight was the DEFENSIVE INTENSITY!!!! The Cubs turned up the heat on that end of the floor in the third period and turned a ten point deficit into a comfortable lead heading into the fourth period of play.

I heard that Wilson wasn't too thrilled to be playing Fairview when the flip results came about but his team got it done on a night when they weren't at their best either (like the Cubs).

Sycamore rolled Montgomery Central 78-33. The War Eagles continue to steamroll everyone in the district that they play NOT NAMED HARPETH!!!!

Creek Wood made me look ridiculous tonight as they held Jake West in check and beat the Stewart Co. Rebels. Congrats to the Red Hawks for earning what's now going to be their first Regional Tourney berth in the history of the school.

In closing tonight I'd like to say hats off to Jake West on what was without an outstanding high school basketball career. The memories he provided for the people in Dover will last for generations without question and in this person's opinion he led the way in turning a program that used to be nothing short of TERRIBLE into DISTRICT CONTENDERS!!!!!

First let me say it was great to meet you tonight rolltide418 and Big Country. Keep up the good work guys.

Next, I was shocked to see Waverly play the way they did in the first half and control the game, but I have to say that Cheatham really dominated in the second half with their pressure and wow! What can you say about Joey Beech? I thought he did really good at Waverly last week, but tonight, he showed me a lot more stuff. He came in the third quarter having not played the first half and dominated in every facet. 18 pts in the third quarter, 11 in the fourth(would of been 12 if he had not missed his last free throw). He didn't play the last two minutes of the game. 29 pts. in 14 minutes. I was thinking Jake West MVP but I believe that I want to change my vote. Joey Beech.

Big Country, the refereeing was pretty sloppy tonight both ways don't you think?

Well as a Harpeth fan this scares me the 2 teams that beat us this year are still left. Plus, Sycamore who has taken us to the wire. Also, we have to play 2 out of these 3 teams in a gym where the depth of the walls mess up a shooter's stroke. I'm not blaming the depth of the walls for our loss at Cheatham but I hope we can take it to Creek Wood and get an all cheatham county title game. I actually think I'll be heading up to Ashland City a little bit early on Saturday to watch that Cheatham vs Sycamore game. That one should be exciting since Beech has caught fire at the end of the season, much like Harpeth's Scott Newton who scored his 1000th point Monday night at Dickson but was honered tonight on his home floor.

My Predictions:

Harpeth 68

CW 51

Sycamore 59

Cheatham 57

I think the Home Court Advantage will have something to do with that score and i wouldn't count out a cubs victory on Saturday.

First let me say it was great to meet you tonight rolltide418 and Big Country. Keep up the good work guys.

Next, I was shocked to see Waverly play the way they did in the first half and control the game, but I have to say that Cheatham really dominated in the second half with their pressure and wow! What can you say about Joey Beech? I thought he did really good at Waverly last week, but tonight, he showed me a lot more stuff. He came in the third quarter having not played the first half and dominated in every facet. 18 pts in the third quarter, 11 in the fourth(would of been 12 if he had not missed his last free throw). He didn't play the last two minutes of the game. 29 pts. in 14 minutes. I was thinking Jake West MVP but I believe that I want to change my vote. Joey Beech.

Big Country, the refereeing was pretty sloppy tonight both ways don't you think?

The officiating was a bit on the "suspect" side to say the least :)

Great to get the opportunity to meet you tonight and I look forward to seeing you either over the weekend once again or at the Regional Tourney in two weeks :)

Well as a Harpeth fan this scares me the 2 teams that beat us this year are still left. Plus, Sycamore who has taken us to the wire. Also, we have to play 2 out of these 3 teams in a gym where the depth of the walls mess up a shooter's stroke. I'm not blaming the depth of the walls for our loss at Cheatham but I hope we can take it to Creek Wood and get an all cheatham county title game. I actually think I'll be heading up to Ashland City a little bit early on Saturday to watch that Cheatham vs Sycamore game. That one should be exciting since Beech has caught fire at the end of the season, much like Harpeth's Scott Newton who scored his 1000th point Monday night at Dickson but was honered tonight on his home floor.

My Predictions:

Harpeth 68

CW 51

Sycamore 59

Cheatham 57

I think the Home Court Advantage will have something to do with that score and i wouldn't count out a cubs victory on Saturday.

First of all...if you are good shooter, nothing messes up your stroke. Second of all, for my times playing in that gym, those rims were a shooters delight! I loved playing there whenever I could. They're ten times better rims then at Stewart County....

But Saturday is going to be a good day of basketball. Harpeth plays Creekwood who pulled off the upset earlier in the year. And Sycamore plays Cheatham, who've they beat twice, but it's always tough to beat a team 3 times! This should be two good games, and good luck to all!

It's the depth perception rather than stroke that can throw some shooter's off that play most of their games in a gym with more background. Stiff rims are a different story.

I hope to make the tournament game against Creekwood, but it's gonna take some driving to do it. The middle school Indians are playing for the state sectional championship in Lawrenceburg at 3:45 and the Harpeth/Creekwood game is at 8:30? Is that correct? That's gonna cut it close. :thumb:

Edited by ksgovols

Cheatham won 58-37. Beach had 29.

WOW, just saw the halftime score to this game, 21-11 Waverly, what happened. Looks like Beach decided to take over.

The difference in this game was (again) Waverly's inability to handle the full court press. CC's cold shooting in the first half (aided with the absence of Beach) prevented the Cubs from setting up their press after a made basket. Once CC made some baskets, it was all over for the Tigers. I would like to see a shot chart from the second half. I am guessing that Waverly attempted very few shots due to the turnovers created by CC's defense.