Seth Skogen from Tennessee Temple

gofish12

Is Mr Football a receiver's only award.

Im sorry I don't think there is another player in Single A with his stats, and I also don't think there is another player in Single A that does as much as he does on both sides of the ball. He means more to his team than any other Single A player.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT is time to step away from the crack pipe and get real!!! Skogen is good and can play at the right college but if you think he has the speed that Williams and Boldin do you are brain dead.I dont care if it is wind aided and they clock him on the run he cant run with those guys.You are talking about guys that were parade all americans.He might run around 4.75 /40 :rolleyes::D:D

I totally agree with TNT. If Skogen was that great why would Tennessee have him at the bottom of their lists. Now, I know Rivals is not always accurate, but TN will never be a good team if we go after 2 Star athletes. Rivals isn't that far off. Oh yeah, TN is recruiting a 6'4" wideout who is not only a 4 four star, but is a lot faster that Skogen. Why would a school like UT recruit Skogen to play WR? Why would they recruit Skogen to play TE? They have a boat load of TE's, including the Cottam brothers and Chris Brown. I understand you want Skogen to be a great player and for Temple he is, but please do not compare him to freaking NFL greats when he hasn't even played a college down yet. And as far as him playing in the SEC, yes he could be a WR for Vanderbilt and that's it. Key words there are WR and Vanderbilt. If he wanted to play WR Vandy is about the only place where he could go and play and start at WR, but then again who wants to start for Vandy (besides two star WR on rivals named Skogen). That's also a stretch though. I have seen him play and I question his speed in the SEC at WR, but I could see him playing TE at the next level. But according to Temple fans, why should he even have to play at the college level because he is the next Anquan Boldin. I think I heard Lineart say in his press conference the other day that he has a good supporting cast, but it would be great if he only had that Skogen guy who plays for the Tennessee Templetons Tech School. I heard him say it, write that down.

This is a post about Skogen and I respect that. I'm sure he's an outstanding player. As for the Mr. Football Award winner I'm not sure how anyone overlooks Mt. Pleasant's JR QB Marco Dailey. He's got 1516 yards rushing on 113 attempts,266 yards passing, 26rushing TDs and 2TDs passing.

Edited by mphstigerfan

I totally agree with TNT. If Skogen was that great why would Tennessee have him at the bottom of their lists. Now, I know Rivals is not always accurate, but TN will never be a good team if we go after 2 Star athletes. Rivals isn't that far off. Oh yeah, TN is recruiting a 6'4" wideout who is not only a 4 four star, but is a lot faster that Skogen. Why would a school like UT recruit Skogen to play WR? Why would they recruit Skogen to play TE? They have a boat load of TE's, including the Cottam brothers and Chris Brown. I understand you want Skogen to be a great player and for Temple he is, but please do not compare him to freaking NFL greats when he hasn't even played a college down yet. And as far as him playing in the SEC, yes he could be a WR for Vanderbilt and that's it. Key words there are WR and Vanderbilt. If he wanted to play WR Vandy is about the only place where he could go and play and start at WR, but then again who wants to start for Vandy (besides two star WR on rivals named Skogen). That's also a stretch though. I have seen him play and I question his speed in the SEC at WR, but I could see him playing TE at the next level. But according to Temple fans, why should he even have to play at the college level because he is the next Anquan Boldin. I think I heard Lineart say in his press conference the other day that he has a good supporting cast, but it would be great if he only had that Skogen guy who plays for the Tennessee Templetons Tech School. I heard him say it, write that down.

Are we jealous perhaps? Nobody said anything about him going to the NFL, just asked what people thought about his college chances. His 40 time is legit, it has been clocked numerous times at around 4.6, and I agree I don't think he will play WR at the big time level, he will be a TE. Bottom line is I think he will go where they will throw him the ball, the level of competition doesn't matter to him, he wants to go some place where they will throw him the ball.

This is a post about Skogen and I respect that. I'm sure he's an outstanding player. As for the Mr. Football Award winner I'm not sure how anyone overlooks Mt. Pleasant's JR QB Marco Dailey. He's got 1516 yards rushing on 113 attempts,266 yards passing, 26rushing TDs and 2TDs passing.

I have not seen him play but his numbers are impressive, im sure if he continues that pace, he will be a finalist for the award. A lot of this depends to on how well his team does and if they make the playoffs.

7 games- skogen has 59 rec. 1175 yrds 16 receiving tds.

Temple has more than him, temple has a good TEAM- in football you can't be 7-0, no matter how "muffin" people say the schedule is with one player...

look at the records of the teams that SP has beat....its really not that impressive either... In order of who SP played and their current record

1-6 Greenback,1-7 Boyd, 5-2 valley, both losses to temple and SP,1-7 Copper Basin,3-5 Bledsoe, Grace- beating the blind teams for an overall record of 6-2, and Marion 3-4 So let me get this straight the only teams that SP has beaten that have a winning record are grace and valley- and the biggest school they have played has been two terrible AA schools..... if you wanna talk about muffin schedules the most you can say is that SP's muffin schedule is not as soft as temple's but still- SP has played all muffins....

oh and to the moron TNT- look up skogen on rivals- his time was electronic at the nike camp- and that was 4.63, and he has gotten faster since then, read and think before inserting your foot in your mouth!!

I have forgot more about rivals then you will ever know I was laughing at the insane comparison made between him and 2 pro WR.You need to look at what you post because all of these athletes on rivals with the exception of a few 5-star parade all americans have faster times then they can run.They set these camps up indoors, outdooors, wind aided in track shoes and so on.Thats why when the PRO scouts tell you there are very few true 4.3 athletes.But then again seth is a great player and i wish him well I JUST CANT LISTEN TO OVER ZEALOUS FANS WHO DONT HAVE A CLUE. Talk to me come signing day in february then we will see who the moron is.

Are we jealous perhaps? Nobody said anything about him going to the NFL, just asked what people thought about his college chances. His 40 time is legit, it has been clocked numerous times at around 4.6, and I agree I don't think he will play WR at the big time level, he will be a TE. Bottom line is I think he will go where they will throw him the ball, the level of competition doesn't matter to him, he wants to go some place where they will throw him the ball.

I have not seen him play but his numbers are impressive, im sure if he continues that pace, he will be a finalist for the award. A lot of this depends to on how well his team does and if they make the playoffs.

No but he was compared to a two NFL WR's. If you compare someone to NFL Wideouts, then your telling me he can play in the league. He is good, but he is no super star.

For all that has been said so far about stats, etc., the bottomline is that S. Skogen is a football player. Yes, he's a great athlete too, but he understands the game.

I thought the comparison to Jeff Samardzija from Notre Dame was more reasonable than some of the others that have been made. Samardzija isn't the fastest guy on the team, but he has good game speed, good hands, and presents the QB with a large target. He's a football player. S. Skogen has similar qualities.

Some of you on this list might be too young to remember the great NFL receiver Steve Largent, but he didn't have incredible speed and he was one of the best of all time.

One last thought, it may very well be that S. Skogen wants to go to a school to play football, to see the field, and to enjoy the whole college football experience. A smaller school might be just the place for such an experience.

I wouldn't say that Temple would not beat Boyd or MC.

MC only beat Whitwell 27-7 and Temple beat them 47-13.

MC beat Boyd 20-17.

How could you say that Temple would not beat either of these teams?

I just don't think they would beat either team. The Temple 28 - Silverdale 21 and Temple 57 - Taft 42 speak loud to me. What happened in those games?