Catholic @ Fulton

gridironguy

Fulton has never charged for Parking in Playoffs !!!!! You are correct about AE .. I guess I should hope for a KC win this week and then a Fulton upset at KC later in playoffs huh !!!!!

I meant Catholic charges for parking. They don't charge during the regular season. I'm hoping for a Catholic sweep, but they will have their hands full at Fulton.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im pretty sure AHAM will be able to play. I know he wasnt suspended from school, but not sure exactly what he did. As for freeney, how can u get on a website and call someone a thug not knowing his back ground. Freeney is a great kid who just needs a little help. You should be ashamed of yourself for talking about someone you dont even know.

Actions speak louder than words!!!! Maybe thug is the wrong word BUT, what do you call a guy that curses out a member of the FHS coaching staff (not football) in front of several visitors/parents from Catholic before a JV game. Trust me, he wasn't whispering. The sheltered Catholic parents were shocked to say the least. Since I'm friends with several of the FHS coaches, I made a point to them that the coaches don't put up with that kind of garbage at FHS. Maybe the only discipline and tough love these guys get is from their coaches. What do you call a guy that intentionally knocks down a member of the Cross Country team that's trying to finish his workout on the track and laughs about it? I don't know that I would describe that as being a "great kid" as you say. Haven't all 3 of the kids that were suspended been multiple offenders? How many times is reasonable to ignore the problems of these "great kids"?

I was very proud of the way Dennis Rogan stepped up and told them to straighten up. Very nice leadership as I said earlier. I'm sure their teammates respect both of these players but it also demonstrates that one or two guys setting the wrong example can undermine the perception of a program. These "great kids" need to think about the situation that they're putting their team in with their actions.

To me this match up really isnt Rogan vs. Smith, as many of the prominent media outlets in Knoxville are making it out to be. Sure, their both great RB's and DB's. Smith might just be the best DB in the state. Rogna just might be the quickets and most elusive RB in the state.

But, to me it's about two things: QB play and special teams. Stinson is not having a lights out kinda year, but that has a lot to do with the playof his all world RB. He manages well and throws when it's necessary. Lindsey is the same kind of QB, though I believe Lindsey has made the most mark improvement of the two this year.

Special teams. Fulton punts very solidly, but they are iffy at best on xtra points. This might be Catholic's biggest advantage.

It may come down to which all star RB has the most yards...or it might come down to an extra point. My $$'s on the xtra point.

Got to agree with you on this one. Been saying all year long that Fulton HAS to get the kicking game going or its going to cost them. All I hear is that its better to go for 2 than it is for 1. Fulton could get bit by the kicking game in this one. Time will tell..............

Natour, the center, is easily the smallest at just a little over 200 but he is stronger than his size would indicate-he's more muscle bound than most linemen. The roster lists 6 players at 250 or higher, with all falling between the range of 6'0 to 6'5. I'd say those are fairly accurate numbers judging by the size of them in person.

I'd say Catholic has one of the largest O-lines in the state

Fulton's line is bigger than Catholic's. Someone mentioned Rogan choosing UT because he's a fan. I would hope that all the kids in the area being recruited would go where they will play. Alot of kids go to colleges to play sports and don't step on the field. Playing college football is time consuming, go where you have the best chance of playing.

Fulton's line is bigger than Catholic's. Someone mentioned Rogan choosing UT because he's a fan. I would hope that all the kids in the area being recruited would go where they will play. Alot of kids go to colleges to play sports and don't step on the field. Playing college football is time consuming, go where you have the best chance of playing.

You are right. Perhaps I should've worded that better-Catholic has year in and year out one of the largest lines with little falloff in size with depth. So Fulton also has one of the largest lines in the state.