William Blount vs. McMinn

jethro

I think that WB can beat DB if we win out, and play hard against DB...I think it will be a tough game...and that WB will be underdogs but we can win...GO GOVS!!!

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. It's unlikely, but don't count out Oak Ridge. Honestly, I hope they don't win out b/c I would rather DB play WB than OR. IF you do back in, our boys will be ready for you. J Fred on a Friday night is a hard place for opposing teams to play.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep your head up. It is hard to go to DB and play. They have a STADIUM. Owls went up there last year and stunned them. Yes I say stunned them. I heard several people saying who are these guys. How are they a number 4 seed. Yeah DB whipped Oak Ridge. That isn't as scary sounding as it was when it happened right? I know DB is better than last year they will tell you that. WB is a VERY good number 4 seed. Ask an Ooltewah fan. You are the last team I enjoy playing in many ways( but we won't go there again.) I am just saying, go play the game and represent this (according to them) a region that is down. We know that isn't true. All teams are just competing hard. Good luck

as long as we beat bradley and heritage *laughs* we will be playing DB...that's not much to look forward to, but it's still anyone's game out there...we've beat DB before, we can do it again...they have another great team this year, and we have the best we've had in a while except for the few close games (which always seem to be determined on the last drive >_<) which could have gone either way...if we can just get over this tough and unexpected loss tonight we can compete with DB...we beat SC who only lost last week by what, 3 points? I know SC has gotten a lot better since the beginning of the season though and it would have been tough if we had to play them like last year...I don't know...I still have faith though...

This continues to be one of the more unbelievable seasons that I have ever witnessed at any level at any sport. This was the 5th game that has not been decided until the last minute. That would be enough in itself. But the remarkable thing is...in all 5 games, the team that you thought would win late in the game has just given it away.

Sev Co vs WB.....SC is driving to win the game only to fumble on 1st and goal at the WB 5 with under a minute left. WB wins on a gift.

WB @Ooltewah....WB has a 3 pt lead with 1 minute left and Ooltewah has the ball at their own 20 with 0 timeouts left. They march down and score on the last play of the game to win. WB loses.

WB @ Farragut....WB has 3 pt lead with 58 seconds and Farragut has the ball on their own 20 with 0 timeouts left. They march down and kick a FG to send it into overime on the last play. WB misses XP in overtime. WB loses.

Oak Ridge @ WB..OR has 13-0 lead with under 6 minutes left only to turn it over twice and allow WB to win at the end.

McMinn @ WB.....WB is leading 24-14 with under 6 minutes left only to fumbe a punt and allow MC to drive down for the score to cut it to 24-21. WB is able to pick up two 1st downs late in the game which you think might seal it as they have it 2nd and 8 at the MC 30 with only 1:40 left with MC having just spent their last timeout. We also say the only way to lose this one now is to fumble on the next play....and, just like a Hollywood script, we do. They get it and march down to the WB 35 where they have it 4th and 2 with 30 seconds left. A great naked boot call by MC and a TE drag should have resulted in a TD but Johnson underthrew it a bit and the TE fell at the 8. MC unable to score on the next 3 plays with incompletions and they kick a 27 yarder to go to OT. 1st OT McMinn scores 1st to take a 31-24 lead. WB scores and just barely makes the PAT 31-31. WB gets it 1st in double OT and scores with ease to make it 38-31. McMinn is faced with 3rd and goal from the 10. A simple handoff to Trace and he runs it in nearly untouched. PAT is good 38-38. MC gets it 1st in triple OT and is faced with a 4th and goal from the 3. Trace runs it in. On the PAT, the holder gets it, raises up and finds a wide open TE in the back of the end zone for 2 points. 46-38. WB unable to score and it is game over.

Does anyone else feel as though this is like a movie script. To have 5 games out of the 8 played be won by the team that had to have like 3 or 4 incredible breaks go their way to even have a chance late. I am simply amazed at what I have seen. WB now has to hope OR loses one of the next 2.

By the way, I am not sure anyone knew this, but, if WB had won last night and them and OR were to have won out, WB would have gotten 2nd place. It would have been a 3 way tie for 2nd between OR, WB, and Farragut. In the 2nd tiebreaker, Farragut would have lost and went down to 4th because their outside record was 1-2 where WB and OR was 2-1. Then WB would have beated OR to give them the 2nd seed. Oh well..the best WB can hope for is 4th and a long trip to Kingsport.

If Devon doesn't underthrow Matt Cox on that 4th down in the 4th quarter, that game doesn't go into overtime. Trace and Devon didn't have their best games, but they won and i'm sure they will take the win. Trace had a long run to open up the game(77 yards) and ended up with pretty good yardage in the 160's, but i still don't think it was one of his better games.

Farragut is as good as anyone in the state ?? Hmmm ... I guess those 2 losses to Central & Powell doesn't count because they're from that little ol 4A ..... and everyone knows that 5A's where the " Big Boys " play :lol:

Tough Break WB ... keep your head up !

That is exactly what I was thinking Pepvol. They lost to a couple of very average, rebuilding , 4A teams. Not to mention a miraculous comeback victory over an average WB team. :lol:

I hate to agree with an Owl fan. They (most) seem to find themselves on every thread whinning for respect. They havent won anything.. ever and a good year here and there is the exception not the rule. Oak Ridge is having the exception season this year and it is very possible they loose the next two and go 5-5 for the season. They are very very young and inexperienced this year. They will still be young next year with a lot of juniors starting but those juniors will be returning starters. So Owl fans go ahead talk it up OR will be back showing why they are considered year after year the class of 2 5 A. I thought Owls liked small rodents. I guess crow will be very hard to swallow. You may not have to wait till nexyt year for that crow dinner cause If you end up playing DB in the playoffs and continue to talk they have crow on their menu for Owl fans that whine on every thread they can find.