Outlook for 7AAA

PHargis

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch! That hurts Grad, ye of little faith! LOL

Well I cant give the Stars too much credit, I mean after all I am a Oakland Grad :) . That being said, I think Siegel having to play at Lawrence Co is the reason why im taking LC, would probably be the other way around if the game was at siegel, but so tough to get a win there, but Ill be pulling for the Lady Stars

Just to be truthful, Siegel is not as good as you guys think. With a district full of teams with a losing record (white co 15-16,Blackman 4-25,Lebanon 11-21, Warren co 4-20), it is easy to think you are better than you are. Oakland is lucky to be a top 50 team at 16-12 and Cookeville is maybe a top 30 team (maybe). The only team in the district is Riverdale and they may not make it to the State.

This guy has pretty much hit the nail on the head. 7-AAA is better than last year, but still pretty mediocre overall.

BTW the young lady from LHS that was suspended in the Riverdale game is Crystal Howse, a good kid, and Jasmine Brooks was the one that blew out her knee. Tough breaks for the Devilettes with Shelbyville looming.

It appears that the following is in order.

To: the 7AAA District Tournament Officials...

Thank you, we could not have done it without you.

Nevermind that Cookeville's leading scorer was on the bench in foul trouble for ALL but 3 minutes of the first half against Siegel and most of the second quarter against Riverdale.

And to Riverdale's fans, players, coaches, etc., we apologize for not showing you the respect you obviously deserve by rolling over and letting you run us out of the gym.

NOTE TO THIN SKINNED READER: THE ABOVE IS MADE IN JEST. :D

Seriously though, I think that Cookeville's foul shooting was the big story in the victory over Siegel. Agree or disagree with the fouls, they still had to hit the free throws. I think they were 22 of 25. In the Riverdale game, I believe that Clark Davis was the unknown element and she stepped up big. She has come a very long way in two years.

It is apparent that the consensus outside this district and to some within it, that Riverdale is head and shoulders above the other 7. While that very well may be true, forgive us when we all show up Friday and play.

I will go out on a limb and say that Saturday morning there will be 3 teams from 7AAA still playing.

I really hope your right about 7aaa getting 3 teams in. The Cookeville- Lincoln County game is one that worries me, I think Lincoln County Has the best player in district 8aaa,sorry for the life of me I can't remember her name, but she is about 6'2 and is extremely athletic. lincoln County like Siegal this year has really under achieved,but to me and others that I have talked to in 8aaa really think Lincoln County could have the most talent of all the teams in 8aaa. GO 7AAA !!!!

Here we go again with people complaing about referees. How pathetic. I highly doubt Cookeville is any more aggressive then any other team in the tournament. As a matter of fact, I know they are not. Every team is aggressive. Including Riverdale. Can't you just enjoy the win without slamming the other team or the officials? STOP making games about officials and talk about the players!

Enjoy the win, but stop crying about officiating. You made it sound like Riverdale had to overcome astomical odds to win that game. It shows a total lack of class and makes you a poor winner.

Congrats to Riverdale and congrats to Cookeville as well in the tournament. Both teams played hard all throughout.

What a pathetic post the Riverdale fan.

what did u do read one sentecne that i wrote?...in fact i said they did a good job but the one was a little shaky and if you were at the game he was and im not talking about in cookevilles favor or our i meant as an overall statement...i was just understanding what someof the segeil peolple were upset about because they were aggressive i didnt say calls went one way or another i did sy that they did a good job also if you had read the WHOLE post i mentioned many players in my post as i always do i was the first to mention clark steppping up and making plays and getting open off of anne maries drive so dont be critical of a thread unless you read it in its entirity

thank you

I agree Trueline. Neither Siegel nor Cookeville should talk about playing a great game against one another. Siegel hit 9 field goals for the night and Cookeville hit 12. A dismal performance by anyones measurement. I was glad to see Siegel bounce back and thought Cookeville did a great job hanging with Riverdale. Riverdale led for virtually the entire game and made some runs that I thought would put the game away, but Cookeville kept storming back. A great game to end the 7AAA season.

I thought Bianca Burnette was awesome and kept Cookeville in the game.

If bianca is the #3 or somthing like that i thught she played really well as did the james girl they had some real nice passing down low did a great job moving the ball on offense we did not give up very many cheap baskets cookeville earned them also can anyone from cookeville tell me about #41 she sat the bench the whole game what year is she and man does she have some potential

what did u do read one sentecne that i wrote?...in fact i said they did a good job but the one was a little shaky and if you were at the game he was and im not talking about in cookevilles favor or our i meant as an overall statement...i was just understanding what someof the segeil peolple were upset about because they were aggressive i didnt say calls went one way or another i did sy that they did a good job also if you had read the WHOLE post i mentioned many players in my post as i always do i was the first to mention clark steppping up and making plays and getting open off of anne maries drive so dont be critical of a thread unless you read it in its entirity

thank you

You said that you understood why Siegal fans were crying and whining about officials and Riverdale battled through the refs. Sure sounds like someone crying about officiating to me! Are you there to watch a good ballgame or criticize officials? They make mistakes... they miss calls.... get over it and enjoy the game. Interesting how you complain about the officials when your team wins. Watch a duke mens bball game and see what crooked officiating is all about.... especially if the game is at dook.

I would have loved to be at the Riverdale/Cookeville game. Seemed like a very good game to watch and be at. I was pulling for Cookeville to win of course but congrats to Riverdale.

Edited by gordo22448

What is a good radio station to listen to the Cookeville game in the regionals? I'm hoping to catch it through the internet if the station has live streaming. I'm stuck on the East Coast when I really want to be in Tennessee so I'm just out of luck. :D

Thanks for your help in advance.....

Edited by gordo22448

I really hope your right about 7aaa getting 3 teams in. The Cookeville- Lincoln County game is one that worries me, I think Lincoln County Has the best player in district 8aaa,sorry for the life of me I can't remember her name, but she is about 6'2 and is extremely athletic. lincoln County like Siegal this year has really under achieved,but to me and others that I have talked to in 8aaa really think Lincoln County could have the most talent of all the teams in 8aaa. GO 7AAA !!!!

Her name is Savanna Hill, but she is not the only talent they have. The Jefferies kid is very dangerous from long range.

Lincoln Co. averages 56 ppg, Cookeville hold opponents to an average of 36 ppg. Cookeville's defense will determine the outcome.

Gorgo, unless you are in Cookeville, you won't be able to listen. It's a local AM station with limited range. Progress has been made to broadcast all Cookeville sports over the net, we're not there yet, maybe next year.

You said that you understood why Siegal fans were crying and whining about officials and Riverdale battled through the refs. Sure sounds like someone crying about officiating to me! Are you there to watch a good ballgame or criticize officials? They make mistakes... they miss calls.... get over it and enjoy the game. Interesting how you complain about the officials when your team wins. Watch a duke mens bball game and see what crooked officiating is all about.... especially if the game is at dook.

I would have loved to be at the Riverdale/Cookeville game. Seemed like a very good game to watch and be at. I was pulling for Cookeville to win of course but congrats to Riverdale.

no i was just stating that cookeville was agrresive the game was a good game

and i am a FLORIDA STATE FAN so i know about duke we lost a game to them last year when one of our players got ejected on a bogus ejection that caused those refs to get suspened so i know what you mean but what i was saying is that they(cookeville) was aggresive did they miss a call sure both ways but i thought they did a good job