Outlook for 7AAA

PHargis

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I AM SO PROUD OF MY LADY WARRIORS tremendous game tonight ladies what a great tournament yall had starting with the district tournament...every time a team would make a run at you SOMEBODY would always answer and it wasnt ALWAYS the same person whenever we needed a big shot or a bucket to extend the lead or regain control you always answered rather if it was clas AAA Ms Basketball ANNE MARIE LANNING or all tournament players ALEX BIVENS knocking down a 3 or a little jumper or NIKKI TALLEYwith a nice little lay up or the shot at the free throw line or SHEELENA BURGESS with a baseline jumper or JESSICA WHITTENS witha big 3 sombody would make an answer for every run you never paniced you just made the play and what about CLARKE DAVIS man did she turn it up a notch throughout the tournament making play after play

My thoughts on tonights game...(as if anyone cared LOl) tonight i think our girls did a great job of exectued the coaches game plan you could tell they were gonna let them shoot the jumpers and stuff up the middle and they did a great job at that offensively we did a good job of moving the ball around and creating good shots for the girls i thought memephis played hard and worked hard but i thought we were the better team and i felt once we got the lead there was no way we would let it go because memphis wasnt going to shoot the jumper

Good job tonight girls by doing what the coaches say and exectuing the game plan so well and for that you are:

2007 STATE CHAMPIONS

wow i could not be more proud at this moment the lady warriors are the STATE CHAMPIONS the gold ball is coming to riverdale for the first time in school history. michael burt is a great coach and you saw it on the court tonight after a 5-4 deficit after one quarter the lady warriors turned it on and cruised to a state title. high school is about making memories and i will NEVER forget the 2004 warrior football team (which won state my freshman year) and the 2007 lady warrior bball team (won state my junior year). my high school experience had been great with winning teams in all sports i am so glad i go to RIVERDALE HIGH SCHOOL :D

wow i could not be more proud at this moment the lady warriors are the STATE CHAMPIONS the gold ball is coming to riverdale for the first time in school history. michael burt is a great coach and you saw it on the court tonight after a 5-4 deficit after one quarter the lady warriors turned it on and cruised to a state title. high school is about making memories and i will NEVER forget the 2004 warrior football team (which won state my freshman year) and the 2007 lady warrior bball team (won state my junior year). my high school experience had been great with winning teams in all sports i am so glad i go to RIVERDALE HIGH SCHOOL :D

I WAS ok TIL i read that last sentence...I am so glad i go to RIVERDALE HIGH SCHOOL...man when i read that i had a tear come tomy eye LOL

GO WARRIORS

I WAS ok TIL i read that last sentence...I am so glad i go to RIVERDALE HIGH SCHOOL...man when i read that i had a tear come tomy eye LOL

GO WARRIORS

hey we are LEGIT mr. nolan (our principal for all you readers outside the boro) opens our morning announcements each morning with saying "good morning to the best student body and factulty in the state of tennessee" i could not agree more and it holds true in athletics and academics riverdale high school has something special going on and i am glad to be a part of it :D

hey we are LEGIT mr. nolan (our principal for all you readers outside the boro) opens our morning announcements each morning with saying "good morning to the best student body and factulty in the state of tennessee" i could not agree more and it holds true in athletics and academics riverdale high school has something special going on and i am glad to be a part of it :D

I dont know when that started but Mr watson used to say that when i went to school there and he said it EVERYDAY FOR 4 years LOL and that was in 85...i dont think people realize how many state qualifiers we had this year and in the many different sports of course we are defintly getting the job done academically

This poster wanted to post at the end of last nights game but thought better of it for it was Riverdale's time to post with what might have been one of the best team efforts and on the best Coaching efforts done in Girls Basketball in the past number of years. This team was a good team the start of the season and determined by many to win 7AAA and deservedly so but to be State Champion AAA, some thought had a chance but it looked like there were too many things that needed to be done. Wow, were they fixed. Then it became the determination of a great team and the expectations of a Coaching staff that took over and the rest is history. Yes, the rest in the district still had their aspirations and this poster thinks that while RD went thru the district with one loss, which in past year took those teams who have done that feat in to the state tournament, little expections for a State Championship. Then when some of the other great teams in MT began to fall by the wayside, unexpectedly, teams like Cookeville, Wilson Central, MT. Juliet, Shelbyville, Lawrence, Smyrna and a great team like Cleveland was beaten, the mantle was thrust on RD and they took the challenge. Just to be talked about in the same breath with these other teams was proof enough of the greatness of this feat.

Now, the teams in the state can look back at the things that happened and the things that could have been and remember, some, of the time spent and the time taken and of the good times and the anxious moments and know it was worth it because they are a memories of a lifetime. Yes they were hard fought but they were worth it and there is another year or further years of great HS Basketball and in 7AAA some great future basketball seasons. 7AAA congratulates OUR DISTRICT CHAMPION, OUR REGION CHAMPION, and OUR STATE CHAMPION and tell you how proud these posters are of this feat BUT ALSO tell yiou that the rest of us will be back, bunping and grinding our way to not let you be so complacent to think you won't be challenged next year. Congrats to the 2006-2007 state champions, the RIVERDALE GIRLS BASKETBALL TEAM.

I LOVE THOSE GIRLS...i will say we had a harder time in districts and regions than we did in state and i think that shows the quality of our region so i am proud of that

WAY TO GO LAIDES repersented the 7AAA lol

All teams can have trouble in their own districts and regions because you play the other teams 2 to 4 times each. If you were to play Northside several times, they would get better each time. It would be a tough matchup in Memphis. I would take Riverdale 3 out of every 4 times on a neutral court.

Congrats Riverdale.