Outlook for 7AAA

PHargis

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what about next year? Who does everybody return and how do you think they will do in the district? Would be great if some of you guys could get a plus so we can continue this deep into the offseason

Grad, your suggestion is certainly very good but this poster might need to know what the thoughts are on the new rules coming out of the TSSAA and how they would effect the teams in 7AAA. It appears to me, on FIRST LOOK that it will effect Coaching in 7AAA schools. This posters reasoning is a number of schools are losing players and Coaches may be looking for different skill teachers in the asst coach area but again maybe not.

While no authority on the matter, here might be the WAY IT LOOKS 7AAA FUTURE, 7AAA 2007/2008 without getting to far in to personel.

I'll start out and listen to the rest of your comments.

Riverdale lost two great Seniors in Lanning and Bivens and lost two others that were looked at by colleges in Whitten and Talley. It gained much experience and confidence in what they did and the confidence lanning played with the past year. It will be difficult to not notice that. Since they won it this year, they have to be favored this coming year. Someone is going to have to win it from them and they will try. Burgess got better, Clark came out of no where to get better and a real future Star and the younger Lanning will have to prove if she can play well. No one can expect the younger Lanning to be as good as her sister and it would be not good to try. Burgess, Dickenson, Davis and Swope along with others on the team with give Riverdale a start at building and RD always gets good MS players from their feeder schools. All of this talk really is based on whether a Great Coaching Staff returns because it is evident the success of the RD Staff was a reflection on how the team did.

Cookeville, it is imagined, was very disappointed in how they finished the season. The disappointment was not with the players but more with how the team finsihed.

I am sure the coach has got something on the bulletin boards remind the team how close they got.

Gone are James and Burnett, two great players, making some of us wonder just how many years they have played. They have been great players. Coming back are Helton, possibly the best post in the District next year and Masters, who exhibited a lot of talent until a reported ACL sidelined her just before the end of the season was completed. Also coming back is Davidson, Odle and Tate along with 6/7 sophmores to go with a very talented junior class. The new TSSAA rules will at some time confront Cookeville in that their team is loaded with AAU players which fill out their roster a lot of years. This team faces the same as they did last year at the first of the season and with be full of talent.

Siegel lost three very good seniors that carried with them most of their points and most of their rebounding talent. This is the second year a lot of point productivity has been lost. Returning from the second year in a row that they won 20 plus games and a spot in the regionals are Morgan Faulkner, Claire Waggoner and Allison Wright . Also included in tose players with a lot of play time are Amy Burns, Shelbie lewis, Bethany Wright and numerous other players expected to be of help. this will be a teaching year for Coach Bush and his staff.

Lebanon will have lost only two seniors this year due to graduation but one was they highest scorer and a great player, Howse. There are numerous players coming back that will be of great help and building on a year when they qualified for the Regionals will be on of their goals. Brooks, the twin towere the Elie Sisters and numerous good players will make this team very competitive. it is not yet known how the LHS Coaching staff will be able to attract the great players they deserve from within the Wilson County students but if they do, they will be competitive in future years. As many know, Wilson County is good with good basketball talent.

This is a start of the teams involved in 7AAA and I will let others fill in where I ieft off and fill in the other 4 teams. If I have missed some of the details on the previous four, please correct me or give the correct details.

Edited by PHargis

Ok, I guess it is time to call roll. Lets see who is left of 7AAA posters. I would agree with OG that there is some merit in continuing on a little longer as there may be and are a number of things and observations that can be discussed but if everyone is on spring break everything is finished temporarily.

IMAC thread now has more post than the 7AAA thread. Someone needs to start an argument so the 7AAA thread can survive! I'm doing my part. :)

brian, as usual you can't help. You can't post unless you divy up your $12 which I'm not sure you can afford. Best of luck next time around.

brian, as usual you can't help. You can't post unless you divy up your $12 which I'm not sure you can afford. Best of luck next time around.

If it's any consolation, the word count of the 7AAA thread far exceeds the word count of the IMAC thread.(thanks to you). However, quantity is no substitute for quality.

That's your shortest post of the year. You waited almost a month and that's the best you could come up with?

Your right........ $12 is too much. I guess if I posted as much as you, it would be worth it.

Since Coacht is your hobby, then you apparently can justify that $1 a month. I guess Lipscomb taught you well. Wasn't Lipscomb a Jr College back in your day?

Edited by briank

If it's any consolation, the word count of the 7AAA thread far exceeds the word count of the IMAC thread.(thanks to you). However, quantity is no substitute for quality.

That's your shortest post of the year. You waited almost a month and that's the best you could come up with?

Your right........ $12 is too much. I guess if I posted as much as you, it would be worth it.

Since Coacht is your hobby, then you apparently can justify that $1 a month. I guess Lipscomb taught you well. Wasn't Lipscomb a Jr College back in your day?

bye, on ignore

saw some of my STATE CHAMPION GIRLS tuesday night at the baseball game they are still pretty happy but lol BUT they have games this weekend but it was good to see them out we also had some other RIVERDALE fans in the staands of course we started talking about our team for next year and we talked ourselves into being pretty excited LOL... we have sheelena comoing back and if clarke keeps improving WOW she is gonna be good also Nat will be a good point guard that can shoot andmorgan swoape can take alexs place as a shooter and we THINK our freshman team was either undefeated or loss 1 game so we are getting excited to tip it off

saw some of my STATE CHAMPION GIRLS tuesday night at the baseball game they are still pretty happy but lol BUT they have games this weekend but it was good to see them out we also had some other RIVERDALE fans in the staands of course we started talking about our team for next year and we talked ourselves into being pretty excited LOL... we have sheelena comoing back and if clarke keeps improving WOW she is gonna be good also Nat will be a good point guard that can shoot andmorgan swoape can take alexs place as a shooter and we THINK our freshman team was either undefeated or loss 1 game so we are getting excited to tip it off

If I have my info right Riverdale split with White County during the regular season. I know Riverdale was the only team to beat White County. IMO this is the best White Co. freshmen team we've had in a while. I look for White county to be at least top 3 in the district next season.

If I have my info right Riverdale split with White County during the regular season. I know Riverdale was the only team to beat White County. IMO this is the best White Co. freshmen team we've had in a while. I look for White county to be at least top 3 in the district next season.

let me paint a better picture for you of our conversation...remember the saturday night skit with chris farley talkng about da bears?....it was kinda like that LOL...i have question for you though..did our freshman split? we couldnt remember if they split or if they lost 1 game..we didnt say we was gonna win it or nothing we just think that we will still contend for district