time for staff changes in Huntingdon?

MustangGuru

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do too. I've known Jason Wambles since he was a student at Bethel, and I know he's trying to do everything he can to put Huntigdon in a position to win. You can't blame him if Huntigdon has to many injuries to dominate on offense like they have in years past.

Injuries have been issue that is no doubt but that can't be used as an excuse. We don't have the talent that we have had in the past to line up and just dominate other teams. The Mustangs have to be on top of their game for 4 quarters every night to come out on top. The players don't need to keep hearing from so called experts around town that they aren't that good or that the coaches aren't doing a good job.

The cupboard is not bare in Huntingdon. We just don't have as big of a cupboard as we have had.

As a Mustang fan, I understand how we get spoiled and don't like it when the team is not playing as well as we think they should. However, this is not the place to down coaches or players.

You seem to want to lay the blame on the offensive coordinator. Maybe we haven't put up as many points as we have in the past but if you notice we have let teams score more points on us this year than we have in the past. We are running the same defense, with the same defensive coordinator.

I believe the coaches will tell you they have made some mistakes at times this year. However, if you have been watching the games you will have to admit that execution on the field is where we are hurting the most.

OK well u do make a good point. but i have a good relationship with just about everyone of the varsity players on the field for huntingdon. from wat THEY (the players) tell me that when the momentum has shifted to the opposing team that he just loses his cool and starts to panic. Therfore leavin Mansfield to call the plays while he starts thinkin about wat he can do to actually gain yards. As a coach, i dont think you ever panic even if things dont go your way, if u do then the players start to panic.

Please understand that i do bleed Blue and Gold and i am not trying to bring the reputation down at all of our team. But i am 100% sure that i am not the only one thinking this way. Im hopin that the coaches prepare their team to the best of their ability and make a complete turnaround of this season. We still have a shot of bein 6 and 4. with the possibilty of makin a run in the playoffs. Just look back at the 1999 season......Anything is possible

Huntingdon is going to have to pull a pittsburgh steelers from last year. Win their final 8 games (thats what im wishing for anyway). But as far as the wing t, i dont think its a great offense when that is all you run because it can cause your team to become soft. But when you mix it with the I as they did in 2003 and 2004 you can go along ways. The only problem with the wing t this year is that i dont know if we have two running backs that are good enough backs that you could place at the wings. Maybe mccadams and weathers with donald at fullback. i dont know what they are going to do but we have to change something. donald rushed for 200 yards when he was a freshman and the only play he ran the whole game was g.

Titans02... Please explain "soft" to Trousdale County last year. They've "always" ran the Wing-T. Last year they only had 28 players on the team and faced Union City in the Boro. UC dresses out 65 players and were a big team on the line and backfield. Know what, they beat them in the ground. I witnessed it myself.

The Wing-T usually helps teams that don't have the physical strength to line up head to head and beat a team.. Sometimes the biggest and strongest team doesn't always win.

Addressing the timeouts that weren't used. We have roughly 80 years of coaching experience on the sidelines and two coaches on the press box and two former head coaches on the pressbox with them. Mann and McCadams. Don't you think they talked about this over the headphones? I think we are all frustrated and spoiled with the success we've had in the past. We are all guilty of 2nd guessing.

Mistakes will get you beat against any team. Mishandled short punt, rolling back the ball to the punter and it goes between his legs, etc, etc., or just plain bad luck. Brent Taylor breaking away for a 2nd half td on the kickoff and pulls a hammy and gets caught from behind. B-Mac was playing safety for the first game and also receiver and he was dead. He didn't have the strength to snap it back to Cole. That explains our "problems" this year. B-Mac played a heck of a game by the way.

In earlier posts you "Critiqued" some of the Mustang players. They read this and don't think they don't. They want to win just as badly as you did. I can look back over the years and remember players that weren't very good but went on and became real Mustangs later in their Senior years with hard work and dedication. I'm speaking of myself here but I can think of lots of players this has happened to... Can't you?

We all need to get behing the Mustangs and cheer them on. I believe we will win out and when we get in the playoffs it's a new season.

Go Mustangs

Edited by Mr. Mustang

I told ya'll in 04 Camden was passing the Mustangs and you didn't believe me. Believe it now! Where is Mustang69 and the Shelly Sandwich Crew these days? Huntingdon fans are just like all others - lose a few and people start disappearing.

Both these people were at the game in milan along with the usual standing room only crowd. No one has went anywhere. As far as camden passing the mustangs, i hardly think that 1 win in many years, and a very close margin at that hardly constitutes passing anyone. Oh by the way shelly, i didnt mean to sound like i was taking up for you. :lol:

Titans02... Please explain "soft" to Trousdale County last year. They've "always" ran the Wing-T. Last year they only had 28 players on the team and faced Union City in the Boro. UC dresses out 65 players and were a big team on the line and backfield. Know what, they beat them in the ground. I witnessed it myself.

The Wing-T usually helps teams that don't have the physical strength to line up head to head and beat a team.. Sometimes the biggest and strongest team doesn't always win.

Addressing the timeouts that weren't used. We have roughly 80 years of coaching experience on the sidelines and two coaches on the press box and two former head coaches on the pressbox with them. Mann and McCadams. Don't you think they talked about this over the headphones? I think we are all frustrated and spoiled with the success we've had in the past. We are all guilty of 2nd guessing.

Mistakes will get you beat against any team. Mishandled short punt, rolling back the ball to the punter and it goes between his legs, etc, etc., or just plain bad luck. Brent Taylor breaking away for a 2nd half td on the kickoff and pulls a hammy and gets caught from behind. B-Mac was playing safety for the first game and also receiver and he was dead. He didn't have the strength to snap it back to Cole. That explains our "problems" this year. B-Mac played a heck of a game by the way.

In earlier posts you "Critiqued" some of the Mustang players. They read this and don't think they don't. They want to win just as badly as you did. I can look back over the years and remember players that weren't very good but went on and became real Mustangs later in their Senior years with hard work and dedication. I'm speaking of myself here but I can think of lots of players this has happened to... Can't you?

We all need to get behing the Mustangs and cheer them on. I believe we will win out and when we get in the playoffs it's a new season.

Go Mustangs

About the wing t... I think it is a great offense but you cant sit there and run outside right and outside left everyplay. Eventually teams are going to stop that as fairview did in 02. You need to have some power running game in the middle and the over play we ever ran there was g. We ran the I and the wing t mixed together for 3 years, 1 gold ball, 1 silver ball, and 1 semi final apperance. Why did we change it this year, i dont know...

I still dont understand the time out issue though. I just think that it sends a bad message to the team and to the fans. Some of the things we could have worked on the last three weeks could be really important down the road when it comes to us winning a game. We could have worked on the two minute offense which we have never been that good at or just anything to help us get better. I think it sends a bad message to the team that says its over and it is time to give up. Has anybody else noticed us not using our timeouts at all the last three weeks in the second half?

Edited by Titans02