Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how so?

just another point of interest i'd like to make...

SMYRNA HAS NEVER SCORED A 3rd QUARTER POINT ON RIVERDALE THIS MILLENIUM (maybe dating back farther than that, cant find stats for those games though).

last 3 games:

2004 playoffs 3rd quarter: 21-0

2005 regular season 3rd q: 23-0

2005 playoffs 3rd quarter: 14-0

a combined 58-0 just over the last 3 games. the last 7 games atleast, dating back to 2001, that smyrna has been shut out in the 3rd. it shows that riverdale is capible of making the half time adjustments and the pep talks neccessary to gain the momentum secure control of the game (although riverdale has never trailed to smyrna in that 7 game stretch). another reason why i feel like shadowens is not as much of a coach as bulldog fans think he is.

i am aware smyrna is trying to bring new tricks out of their hats, trying to suprise riverdale. smyrna should definately save them for the 2nd half because i have no doubt riverdale will be able to adjust to anything thrown at them repeatedly. riverdales offense wont stop rolling the whole game i believe, but if the defense is looking not so good, coach collins will have those boys READY when they come out of the locker room. great coach :D

that is good research man.. i thought that same thing.. riverdale always made halftime adjustments.. like the playoff game when it was 0-0 at the half and we exploded in the 3rd quarter and 2nd half.. but thats in the past and tonights game will come down if riverdale can put pressure on sonny.. if so it could get ugly.. if not he will pick them apart worse than McCallie did.. just a thought to ponder.. and smyrna fans.. dont get your hopes up.. riverdale is usually really good against the run

1. All the damage done in the 3rd qtr last yr was done by Gastom Miller - he is gone

2. Everything that happened in the past is exactly that the past and will have zero effect on this game.

3. Anybody that saw Smyrnas last 2 games with Riverdale if honest has to know Sonny had a lot of success throwing the ball and remeber he was a sophmore qb in his first year. He is now a veteran with an established qb coach guiding him ( if you don't think that makes a difference ck out ainge at ut)

4. Actually the winning streak as all winning streaks end up becoming is now a negative, odds are you will have a game where it just doesn't go your way. Most games riverdale vs smyrna have been so that no matter how riverdale played smyrna did not have enough talent to win. This yr Smyrna has the talent to win and doesn't have to hope riverdale has a bad game.

5. Smyrna has almost perfect balance run vs pass so you have to play them straight up on defense. Riverdale is all run all the time so defensively you can certainly put all your emphasis on that aspect I am sure they can pass but if smyrna is discussing pass coverages in the 4th qtr then they certainly have an excellent chan ce to win.

To put it simple its time

don't care who did what in the past

don't care who said what

don't care how anybody runs on the filed

don't care if riverdale jumps up and down on the S at midfield

don't care what anybody on coach t posted

don't care who coached riverdale

IT IS TIME TO GET IT DONE ONE PLAY AT A TIME ONE QUARTER AT A TIME

ITS TIME

SMYRNA 24

RIVERDALE 21

82cat, i did not post that to brag on what riverdale has done in the past, we know it all too well...i posted that to expose your beloved coaches weaknesses. since his coaching methods has got him nowhere against riverdale and he is to stubborn to change them, you will see the same results. big 3rd quarter like always, to seal the deal and ensure victory

hate is hate

shad has had exactly the same success against riverdale as most teams/coaches in the state especially the region

here is a list of current head coaches in the region that have had success against

riverdale

thank you very much

doesn't matter now as I said earlier

ITS TIME TO GET IT DONE

What happens first?

Cubs win a World Series or Smyrna wins a football game against Riverdale...

Tonight is another step in that journey....

that's funny

Smyrna will come out hype (maybe too hype) and score first, maybe even two scores.

Riverdale will make adjustments and walk them down slowly

Shadow - 7

Ate alot - 21

and shs will remain in rhs' shadow (ins)

:D

I have NEVER seen a more relaxed confident Smyrna team as I have this week including today.

You are exactly right Smyrna has been to hyped for this game in the past.

This years team will not fall into that trap again, they know it is an important football game but also there are still other games to be played including a re-match in a few weeks.

No panic at Smyrna I mean think about it who has a win streak to keep up?

Who doesn't want to be a senior on the 1st team to lose to Smyrna??

pretty easy to see where the pressure is in this game

I have NEVER seen a more relaxed confident Smyrna team as I have this week including today.

This years team will not fall into that trap again, they know it is an important football game but also there are still other games to be played including a re-match in a few weeks.

hmmm doesn't look like they were under any pressure

this game was funny

so yall smyrna fans were saying what????

Smyrna might have been a little too relaxed for this one?