Irish Eyes Are Smiling!

Hoya

come on now, did you watch the game? did you see what happened each time these two went toe-to-toe? did you see harrison leap over rogan for a td catch, then later juke him in the open field? i don't really think the post was that asinine, my friend. and if harrison is smart, as huge of a vols fan as i am, he'll take his game to the guy who will put him in the nfl, charlie weis. also, it is hard for me to imagine dennis rogan being a quality sec db with the play i saw on friday. but the boy can jet, and he has some wiggle. he could be a good wr and return man. he really has a feel for making people miss. i'm not taking anything away from dennis rogan by saying he doesn't hold a cleat to him, i'm just stating what i think everyone else saw on friday night, and that is that these two aren't on the same level in a lot of areas. come on, you can agree with that red neckerson.

Harrison Smith > Rogan friday night for one simple reason. The kid is almost 6'3 and has sub-4.4 speed, nuff said. as far as toe-to-toe...i'll give the nod to HS, but don't get it twisted- Rogan shook smith at least 2 or 3 times and one of those times he gave HS a stiff arm inside the 20 and got like 10 more yards. so don't get on here and act like ole boi just went out and shined on him. After watching Rogan play a few times, it is evident that he DOESN'T play defense, after questioning countless missed tackles, blown assignments, etc....i came to the conclusion that he must be saving himself for offense, kickoffs, kick-return, punt return, etc. Conclusion...if I had to pick one or the other I'd take HS, you don't pass on a athlete that has size and speed like that. And to your query as to whether Rogan can be an SEC db...i'd say yes to db, wr, or randle el type. it will be interesting to see how the two develop in college.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dennis Freeney playing may or may not have changed the outcome of that game, but it's obvious the Falcons are a better team with him than without him, bottom line. He's one of Fulton's top playmakers and hardest hitting DB. I can promise you with D Freeney in, Harrison gets a hat put on him and doesn't just walk into the end zone untouched on those seam routes. He's a difference maker and Fulton needs him if they wish to make a run.

With all due respect to turtle, I don't want to see AE eliminate either Fulton or Catholic. A rematch of these two teams might actually be "the game of the year" in Tennessee.

As for the Rogen/Smith comments, both of them played very well Friday night. In my view Rogen's 150+ rushing yards is "kind of a big deal", whoever you are. Smith's night speaks for itself as well. Single coverage on Smith is a tough job. I haven't seen anyone else take Smith one-on-one in a long time and Rogen sure didn't lack for effort. They are both terrific athletes and have great futures ahead of them.

I hope these two end up teammates at UT, but everybody needs to find their own place. That said, I sure don't think ND is a quicker ticket to the NFL than UT---I think that's just the opposite.

My question with Smith is why a player with his offensive skills would end up playing safety in college? He reminds me alot of former LSU receiver (and 2001 Biletnikoff Award winner) Josh Reed, who was a converted running back---only Smith's actually bigger, faster and jump's higher than Reed.

Back to the calls by the refs...Maybe some of you noticed but it was RIGHT THERE when on that controversal call on the TD from Stinson to Vic Smith, Catholics LB was obviosuly held by Rogan and then pushed from behind RIGHT infront of Jock Stinson and the ref...if that is called that sets Fulton back and makes all the players more pissy and out of there game even more then what they were

Back to the calls by the refs...Maybe some of you noticed but it was RIGHT THERE when on that controversal call on the TD from Stinson to Vic Smith, Catholics LB was obviosuly held by Rogan and then pushed from behind RIGHT infront of Jock Stinson and the ref...if that is called that sets Fulton back and makes all the players more pissy and out of there game even more then what they were

And that call where on the screen to HS in the 1st qtr when it was 3 rd and long the tackle for KC almost ripping the jersey off of number 42 for Fulton .. it would have been a punt and Fulton would have had good field position to score .... we can if this and if that all night but the obvious is what nedds to be pointed out ... NO WAY IS THAT A PASS in the 4th QTR .. should have been 6 or 8 for Fulton and within 5 to 7 points with momentum .... thats plain and simple ... its over and Fulton moves on ... maybe they will be the opportunity to face them again ...

With all due respect to turtle, I don't want to see AE eliminate either Fulton or Catholic. A rematch of these two teams might actually be "the game of the year" in Tennessee.

I'm sorry but I don't see it happening this year. Somebody in Region 3-2A will do like LA did last year and win it again for this region. However, I have a gutsy feeling it won't be Fulton or Catholic.. I have that feeling that you all are looking forward to the Catholic vs Fulton rematch. This reminds me of the 2002 Playoffs when AE and Fulton would've met in the 2nd round but AE overlooked Seymour and lost in OT in the first round. From experience I won't be overlooking anyone in the PO's especially DEM ROADRUNNERS!!

I agree w/Turtle. While many have been talking about Fulton/Catholic, and now Fulton/Carter, the Roadrunners might have quietly improved more than anyone in 1 or 2/3A. Troutman keeps getting better/more comfortable. They lost to Fulton, Catholic, and Red Bank (top3-5 4A team) early. Crushed everbody since. Having said that, AE will have their hands full with Webb and should probably not look too far ahead either??

I'm sorry but I don't see it happening this year. Somebody in Region 3-2A will do like LA did last year and win it again for this region. However, I have a gutsy feeling it won't be Fulton or Catholic.. I have that feeling that you all are looking forward to the Catholic vs Fulton rematch. This reminds me of the 2002 Playoffs when AE and Fulton would've met in the 2nd round but AE overlooked Seymour and lost in OT in the first round. From experience I won't be overlooking anyone in the PO's especially DEM ROADRUNNERS!!

You are right, I am looking forward to a Catholic and Fulton rematch. You are also right to point out that playoff time is very different than the regular season and overconfident teams go down on a regular basis in the playoffs. You can't overlook anybody, but I think I'll wait to see how the AE v. Webb game plays out before considering the Roadrunners to be the same type of team LA was last year.

Webb is a very solid football team with a winning record and good wins against 4A West and Powell and the Spartans gave Catholic all they could handle. AE, on the other hand, hasn't beaten a team with a winning record yet. No doubt the Roadrunners have improved over the course of the season, but so have most other teams.

To me, last year's LA team was special. Anyone who watched them play during the 2005 season knew they were literally just a play or two away from several huge wins ---especially including their first Catholic game. I thought their QB, Cates, was one of the best two or three players in the state last year. So far this year, I don't think AE has shown the potential LA did last year. If they handle Webb tomorrow, then I'll believe the Region playoffs have become a three way race. Until then, I think it's Fulton, Catholic and then the rest. :thumb:

Yeah I agree tomorrow's game will be BIG for the Roadrunners. However, this will be the 3rd time this season that Roadrunners will go up against this type of offense.. So they have the upper hand there.. Now its just up to their defense to step up to the plate..

Secondly, I didn't say the Roadrunners would be that team that might it like the LA team.. I just think its going to be a team from our region and its not Fulton or Catholic.. HECK YEAH, I would love for it to be the ROADRUNNERS but I did't say it would...

Good Luck the rest of the season but like I said, Don't overlook AE or any other team when the playoffs start..

Yeah I agree tomorrow's game will be BIG for the Roadrunners. However, this will be the 3rd time this season that Roadrunners will go up against this type of offense.. So they have the upper hand there.. Now its just up to their defense to step up to the plate..

Secondly, I didn't say the Roadrunners would be that team that might it like the LA team.. I just think its going to be a team from our region and its not Fulton or Catholic.. HECK YEAH, I would love for it to be the ROADRUNNERS but I did't say it would...

Good Luck the rest of the season but like I said, Don't overlook AE or any other team when the playoffs start..

the road runners will definatly be the third spot kingston is weak I was at the kingston Vs Os game it was close I was at the Kingston vs Scott game Scott was the better team just didnt show up. Yuns man handled scott as for the HS vs DR ill take HS anyday.