• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's break it down like this:

H'ville's offense versus Gallatin's defense-

Advantage: Gallatin

Against like opponents Gallatin gave up an average of 6.5 points a game a

while HHS gave up 10.6. HHS only had one offensive score against

Overton just last week, when GHS scored 32 on them the week prior.

Gallatin's offense versus H'ville's defense-

Against those same opponents Gallatin scored an average of 33.8 a game

while HHS scored 18.8. Gallatin scored 19 more against Glencliff, 19

more against Hillwood, and 40 more against Antioch.

Special Teams-

Gallatin has returned KOs for TDs, gotten safeties on punt returns,

blocked a few punts, and pin teams deep with solid punting and KOs

that consistently go into the endzone.

i still dont know about gallatin seems like they havent really proved themselves against anyone even a little tough there d seems good but seems like th o is lacking in spots dont be suprised id h'ville upsets

Gallatin is as good as any team in Middle Tn. Their d is close to being as good as Riverdale's was a couple of yrs ago.

Wow so much to comment on and so little time to type.

Overall record: Gallatin leads the series 39-11-1

Hendersonville avg. 204.7 yards per game rushing and 66.7 yards passing

Hendersonville gives up 164.5 yards rushing and 83 yards passing per game

Hendersonville is avg. 17.4 points per game and giving up 10.8

Troy Watson is 43 of 99 attempts for 539 yards 4tds and 7 ints

Alex Gregory has 72 rushes for 441 yards

Robert Carlton has 69 rushes for 458 yards and 15 recptions for 200 yards

Roper has 43 rushes for 262 yards

Hendersonville has a decent backfield and noone can be overlooked. Roper is a hoss and is tough to bring down. Carlton and Gregory are the threats on the sweeps. Watson will run as well if given a chance. Gallatin must be discplined enough to stay at home and not let the wing-t motion get them caught with their pants down. Hendersonville will flat hit you too. They always have a tough defense. Gallatin can ill afford to overlook them because of their record. This game is for the region title. Gallatin better not take anything for granted. Nothing would be worse than getting beat on TV.

As for the Commando stadium....there are a lot worse. I hate the track though!!

If the weather is good I expect upwards of 6000.

Both teams hate each other....yeah hate. This is a huge rivalry and neither team likes the loss to be on them. On paper I would say Gallatin in a blowout but because I have seen 20 plus Gallatin/Hendersonville matchups, I will go with a close ball game. But I will agree with just1np in saying it will be determined how Gallatin plays not Hendersonville's execution. ( I realize both go hand in hand but this is Gallatin's too lose)

I have a feeling H'ville is going to go all out in terms of stopping Gallatin's running game. I wouldn't be suprised to see eleven guys in the box even if there are three wide in the game. Gallatin will have to throw the ball at some point and be productive.

I think Porter will have some new wrinkles espacially for H'ville. But that usually revolves around odd formations-trying to confuse the defense.

[Okay I'm right in the middle of this post and my dog throws up a squirrel. How sick is that?]

Anyway, Gallatin has been playing very well the last two weeks, and this has been with the distractions of Homecoming and Senior night. I think they will have a focus that we have not seen this year. I anticipate this game to be a lot like the 2002 matchup at the Wave Yard. H'ville had just run off like 5 straight against GHS including the quarterfinals the previous year, and Gallatin looked absolutely intense in a 17-0 beat-down.

We're inching closer......