Region 3 vs. Region 4 in the playoffs in 1A.

croz6110

Whereas I understand region teams supporting eachother I do wonder if teams would rather play a different team instead of a team that they know so well in a go home game....for example

It seems to me that FC would be pulling for Region 3 in the opposite bracket...only because let's say TC makes it to the 3rd round to play FC they already played this year.... they know eachother so well I would almost think FC would rather play a different team than try and beat a good team twice in one year.... any truth to that??

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it can easily be similar to last year with three teams from region 4 winning.

Friendship will win. Whoever is second will win against Lookout Valley, and I've not been impressed by SP's high score. I believe they beat Marion Co 49-0 and Marion lost covincingly to an Upperman team that lost convincingly to G-ville.

However, score from the regular season don't matter anymore.

But, like I said Region 4 can easily win 3 games and possibly 4.

I bet the coaches in region 4 don't put beating SP or Temple in the "easy win" category ;) .

If Watertown wins neither team would play Gordonsville in the first round. I do have to agree with 2 easy wins for region 4, I don't expect LV and Grace(?) to give FC and Gordonsville(?) much of a game. And trust me, the MC-Upperman score will have absolutely nothing to do with how SP and the playoffs go.

Agreed, but one thing that i think both me and you can agree with about region 4 is that regardless of how the offenses do in the playoffs, the defenses of region 4 vs. teams that average putting up 40 a game will be an interesting match-up.

Poe you nailed it with that statement!

DEFENSE wins championships and all these teams that have been putting up 40 better learn to win the close games in the 4th quarter. After round one of the playoffs I don't see any of the Region 3 or 4 teams scoring over 4 td's in a game between these 2 regions.

Pretty sure that's wrong- TCHS has one more loss overall than Gville so I think Gville stays 2nd if they beat Celina???

If H2O loses then they are out of the playoffs- leaving a tie for 2nd between Gordonsville and TC- they both have the same region record (that is what they look at before overall record) but because TC beat gordonsville...TC is second and gordosville would be third....