Region 3 vs. Region 4 in the playoffs in 1A.

croz6110

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any info about Temple?

Any info about Temple?

Private school in only their fourth year of having a football program. Started out really slow like all programs but have exploded this year in an undefeated season lead by a core of mainly senior talent. Highlight of the season was defeating the #2 team in state at home (temple). won their first region championship and will go into the playoffs as the #1 seed from region 3. They are a balanced attack that relies on a group of athletes that they can either line up in the backfield and run with them, or line them up outside a throw the football.

As much as i would love to see a sweep i think this is the most acurate, and to be honest the most accurate part is your prediction for third round with "who knows". the only thing in yuor prediction i would change is the second round will be "who knows" vs Gville.

I had that covered in my second sentence "and the Temple vs TC will be the closest first round game and could go either way". After playing Temple I just think TC will have a tough time beating them. Temple doesn't have the history but they are a really good team. If the second round goes like I have it or even if TC ends up there instead of Temple it will be 4 really good teams playing

Edited by zonepirate

I had that covered in my second sentence "and the Temple vs TC will be the closest first round game and could go either way". After playing Temple I just think TC will have a tough time beating them. If the second round goes like I have it or even if TC ends up there instead of Temple it will be 4 really good teams playing

I agree i think it will be very competitive. If region 4 could cut out all the silly mistakes they are really good but if not then who knows!!

I hope that region 3 has as much respect for region 4 as I do.... after watching trousdale thump temple last year, and seeing the score as gordonsville ripped through valley-- I know that region 3 better be ready to play cause I think region 4 has the best region in single a ball.... SP is a very good football team and with their speed and athleticism I think they can give any team in region 4 a game if they play the way they can.... As far as temple I think they just give people match up problems.....

What is the scouting report on TC-- I think that is who temple will play...

What makes them good? How many seniors did they lose from last years team?

Who are their playmakers?

Do they run the wing t?

Edited by IOWNYOU149

I agree i think it will be very competitive. If region 4 could cut out all the silly mistakes they are really good but if not then who knows!!

Agreed, but one thing that i think both me and you can agree with about region 4 is that regardless of how the offenses do in the playoffs, the defenses of region 4 vs. teams that average putting up 40 a game will be an interesting match-up.

I hope that region 3 has as much respect for region 4 as I do.... after watching trousdale thump temple last year, and seeing the score as gordonsville ripped through valley-- I know that region 3 better be ready to play cause I think region 4 has the best region in single a ball.... SP is a very good football team and with their speed and athleticism I think they can give any team in region 4 a game if they play the way they can.... As far as temple I think they just give people match up problems.....

What is the scouting report on TC-- I think that is who temple will play...

What makes them good? How many seniors did they lose from last years team?

Who are their playmakers?

Do they run the wing t?

They run a little bit of everything. Some spread, a little double wing action, and a few power I. Against FCS they spread it out alot and they were either throwing the ball or they were doing the little quarterback read the end option that all the colleges are doing now. They have a few really good athletes and the size of thier lineman really suprised me (big) for a one A school. Overall i would say the best attribute that TC has is on the sideline, it doesn't matter who they are playing their coach will always put them in a chance to fight for a victory.

I know SP has respect for Region 4. Too many years with too many tough games. I know region 4 respects SP too. This is Temple's chance to earn a little respect. If Temple can beat Trousdale (if they stay at #4) in the same year they beat SP then they have done something. Of course then they get to tangle with Gordonsville :ph34r: . I think Temple will do a fine job of representing region 3, win or lose.

I think it can easily be similar to last year with three teams from region 4 winning.

Friendship will win. Whoever is second will win against Lookout Valley, and I've not been impressed by SP's high score. I believe they beat Marion Co 49-0 and Marion lost covincingly to an Upperman team that lost convincingly to G-ville.

However, score from the regular season don't matter anymore.

But, like I said Region 4 can easily win 3 games and possibly 4.

I think it can easily be similar to last year with three teams from region 4 winning.

Friendship will win. Whoever is second will win against Lookout Valley, and I've not been impressed by SP's high score. I believe they beat Marion Co 49-0 and Marion lost covincingly to an Upperman team that lost convincingly to G-ville.

However, score from the regular season don't matter anymore.

But, like I said Region 4 can easily win 3 games and possibly 4.

I agree with you. I will add that they already have (in most oppionions) at least two victories over region 3. That being said if H2O wins that would send H2O to South Pitt. and more importantly Trousdale County to Temple. I think that if those two games both happen the region 4 has a good shot at winning three games easily. and possibly even four. But as has been proved alot, just because chances are it could happen doesn't mean that it will at all. anything can still happen.

One thing i will say wont happen is the temple vs. South Pitt rematch i have been hearing in some threads, i will go ahead and put down at least one flag from a region 4 team in the third round game. not sure which but i know that at least one region 4 team will be there.

I agree with you. I will add that they already have (in most oppionions) at least two victories over region 3. That being said if H2O wins that would send H2O to South Pitt. and more importantly Trousdale County to Temple. I think that if those two games both happen the region 4 has a good shot at winning three games easily. and possibly even four. But as has been proved alot, just because chances are it could happen doesn't mean that it will at all. anything can still happen.

One thing i will say wont happen is the temple vs. South Pitt rematch i have been hearing in some threads, i will go ahead and put down at least one flag from a region 4 team in the third round game. not sure which but i know that at least one region 4 team will be there.

Agreed. Go Region 4! :lol: