Region 3 vs. Region 4 in the playoffs in 1A.

croz6110

I think these matchups will be phenomenol. As a true TC fan i have tons of respect for SP and temple must be awfully good to have beaten them as bad as they did. I don't know much about the rest of region 3 but i have seen all of region 4 and we have some really good teams in this region. No matter how they fall out it should be very interesting. Good luck to all my friends in the east and us middle tn folks will see ya soon. Hopefully the road to the bcb bowl will have to come thru the creekbank. This thread should be alot livelier next week because region 4 should be a little more defined after friday night.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks Like this right now....

1. TEMPLE

2. South Pittsburg

3. Lookout Valley

4. Whitwell OR Grace Academy (depending on the next week or so.)

This is pretty accurate although IF Grace wins this Friday against Lookout Valley then Grace is 3rd and Valley is 4th. If Grace loses out the last two games then Valley is 3rd and Whitwell is 4th. And finally, if Grace loses to Valley but beats Temple then Grace is 4th. There are still a couple of other scenarios but these are the biggest to watch right now.

Lookout Valley's only region game left is Grace.

Grace has to play Valley and Temple.

Whitwell just has South Pittsburg left.

I think these matchups will be phenomenol. As a true TC fan i have tons of respect for SP and temple must be awfully good to have beaten them as bad as they did. I don't know much about the rest of region 3 but i have seen all of region 4 and we have some really good teams in this region. No matter how they fall out it should be very interesting. Good luck to all my friends in the east and us middle tn folks will see ya soon. Hopefully the road to the bcb bowl will have to come thru the creekbank. This thread should be alot livelier next week because region 4 should be a little more defined after friday night.

It's going to be interesting in the playoffs. In region 4 FCS, Trousdale, Gordonville and Watertown are all good teams. In region 3 I think the only 2 competitive teams will be SP and Temple. I don't see any of the contenders for # 3 & # 4 spots in region 3 going beyond the first round.

Reguardless of how it plays out there will be some exciting football in the playoffs

Edited by zonepirate

I would like to hear more on this topic from some region 3 fans.

Not much for them to say, they aren't even sure who they are going to be playing in the playoffs yet! also, with the exception of South Pitt and temple, region 4 will win at least two, and will have fighting chances in the other two games. I think once each region knows how the top four will pan out this board should get a little more active.

As far as region 3 goes.............Temple, SP, and LV are locks. As far as the 4 spot goes, its a battle between Whitwell Grace and Silverdale. Right now, Grace is the most likely candidate because if there were a 3 way tie, Grace would go b/c they have the better overall record. If Copper Basin beats Silverdale, barring any upset by Grace, Whitwell would be the 4 seed. If Silverdale beat BOTH SP and Copper Basin (VERY unlikely), then Silverdale would be the 4 seed. If Silverdale beats Copper and loses to SP (most likely), the 3 teams would be tied, and as mentioned earlier Grace would win the tiebreaker.

As far as region 3 goes.............Temple, SP, and LV are locks. As far as the 4 spot goes, its a battle between Whitwell Grace and Silverdale. Right now, Grace is the most likely candidate because if there were a 3 way tie, Grace would go b/c they have the better overall record. If Copper Basin beats Silverdale, barring any upset by Grace, Whitwell would be the 4 seed. If Silverdale beat BOTH SP and Copper Basin (VERY unlikely), then Silverdale would be the 4 seed. If Silverdale beats Copper and loses to SP (most likely), the 3 teams would be tied, and as mentioned earlier Grace would win the tiebreaker.

Thanks for the info. Things could get interesting between these two regions.

Any new thoughts on this subject after this weeks games?

Here is my guess on how it will be. Changes are possible depending on a couple of games next week and the Temple vs TC will be the closest first round game and could go either way

First Round

Temple vs. Trousdale

South Pittsburg vs. Watertown

Lookout Valley vs. Gordonsville

Grace vs. FCS

Second Round

Temple vs G'ville

SP vs. FCS

Third Round

Who knows?????

Edited by zonepirate

Here is my guess on how it will be. Changes are possible depending on a couple of games next week and the Temple vs TC will be the closest first round game and could go either way

First Round

Temple vs. Trousdale

Grace vs. FCS

Second Round

Temple vs G'ville

SP vs. FCS

Third Round

Who knows?????

As much as i would love to see a sweep i think this is the most acurate, and to be honest the most accurate part is your prediction for third round with "who knows". the only thing in yuor prediction i would change is the second round will be "who knows" vs Gville.

First Round

Temple vs. Trousdale

Grace vs. FCS

Second Round

Temple vs G'ville

SP vs. FCS

Third Round

Who knows?????

Have to agree w/ Zone....... My "guess" for round three would be the re-match....

Temple vs S.Pitt

This opinion is free, and worth every penny of it. LOL

:thumb: