UNICOI COUNTY VS SULLIVAN EAST

GLee

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sullivan East has shown flashes of great football throughout the season. The Devils are going to have to remain focused and force impact on every play. You're right GLee- every snap counts- and with the playoffs within striking distance, I don't think anyone between the lines will let an opportunity to seize it slip through their fingers.

Can anyone provide a rundown of Sullivan East? I'll be honest, I haven't heard much about their team this year- I have just followed the box scores of their games this season to date. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I like Unicoi in this matchup simply because they have so much to play for. The Unicoi program has gone from never winning an MLC game to now on the brink of a playoff birth. Make no mistake about it. A win by Unicoi in this game will put them in the playoffs due to the tie breaker with Elizabethton. That being said, I like the Devils to come out ready to play Fri night. Unicoi has made a huge turnaround since the 55-0 loss at home to TN High. Good luck to both teams....

Unicoi-21

Sullivan East-14

Here's to the underdog... Congrats to Unicoi for a good season so far. Win Friday and you have a GREAT season. Stay hungry and focused. If you make it to the playoffs, don't forget where you've risen from, stay humble. Your opponents' coaches forgot where they came from and lost lots of respect and class.

I like Unicoi in this matchup simply because they have so much to play for. The Unicoi program has gone from never winning an MLC game to now on the brink of a playoff birth. Make no mistake about it. A win by Unicoi in this game will put them in the playoffs due to the tie breaker with Elizabethton. That being said, I like the Devils to come out ready to play Fri night. Unicoi has made a huge turnaround since the 55-0 loss at home to TN High. Good luck to both teams....

Unicoi-21

Sullivan East-14

No, a win by Unicoi would ALMOST seal their playoff birth. If they were to win both of their remaining games, then they are in. If Unicoi wins only one of the games, and Betsy wins both, Betsy is in. If the Cyclones were to lose one in that situation then the tiebreaker would come into effect. Theres still a lot of football to be played.

I like Unicoi in this one, and for the same reason as you ftball89. They just have too much to play for.

Here's to the underdog... Congrats to Unicoi for a good season so far. Win Friday and you have a GREAT season. Stay hungry and focused. If you make it to the playoffs, don't forget where you've risen from, stay humble. Your opponents' coaches forgot where they came from and lost lots of respect and class.

Thanks for the support to this point split4! Out of curiousity, who are you referring to in this comment? I'm not trying to revisit hard feelings, I'm genuinely curious.

As for the match-up, big implications for the Devils, but you can never count out the role of the spoiler- I played it many times in my career. Have injuries had a major impact on Sullivan East's team this season? Are there any Sullivan East posters on coacht this year? If so, contribute to the thread.. right now it feels like a couple of Unicoi backers and a few outsiders weighing in their honest and objective opinions. Call me a catylist but I prefer some friendly banter before a Friday night game.