Maryville vs Hoover (AL)

TNT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Coach Propst is one of the best high school coaches in the country.

Hoover recruits like a college program so lets not all chalk it up to coaching skills. Yeah I watched that silly show and how the honorable Coach Propst used it to show his butt. It was classy on that one episode where he referred to himself as the key to them getting scholarships and how he would demolish their chances if they didnt play better in the 2nd half. Very classy huh...............

Edited by Kevin38

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoover recruits like a college program so lets not all chalk it up to coaching skills. Yeah I watched that silly show and how the honorable Coach Propst used it to show his butt. It was classy on that one episode where he referred to himself as the key to them getting scholarships and how he would demolish their chances if they didnt play better in the 2nd half. Very classy huh...............

If you want a classy coach and program at the top level then head over to Byrnes, SC.

If you want a classy coach and program at the top level then head over to Byrnes, SC.

Have not seen much of them; I did see that one game they played on espn this year. From what I seen I do agree though, their coach seemed to be a classy guy who runs a classy program. As people can probably tell I am not big on high schools that recruit athletes, not sure if Byrnes recruits or not but the way things are going these days I wouldnt doubt it.

Come on people this is comparing apples to oranges. Hoover is in a class of their own. There are maybe 25 high school programs in the country that year in year out are stellar programs. In Tennessee your Brentwood Acad., Riverdale, Maryville, McCallie just don't stack up. Several years ago BA goes to Mont. Al. to play Robert E Lee and got thrashed BA bought their way out of the contract the next year. Now there is your answer first hand.

i grew up in east tennessee and have alot of friends and family that have played at maryville.. but i went to college in alabama and having spent 5 years in alabama and watching hoover and playing with guys from hoover.. BELEIVE ME WHEN I TELL YOU.. maryville is good but hoover is on another level..I MEAN THEIR COACHES ARE AS GOOD AS MARYVILLES BUT THEIR ATH's are on a whole new level.. i hope they never play because it would make the state of tennessee football look bad..and i am a maryville fan...

and i hope you guys are not comparing robert e lee to hoover because there is no comparison in those two schools.

and i hope you guys are not comparing robert e lee to hoover because there is no comparison in those two schools.

The Lee of today is no comparison to the Hoover of today...just as the Hoover of yesteryear was no comparison to the Lee of yesteryear.

Hoover was a relative no-name on the national scene before 2000, and had (I think) only one state title prior to 2000. Meanwhile, Lee was making multiple appearances in national rankings in the mid-80s and early-90s.

According to internet, Hoover student #s are 2000+, Maryville is 1350......and Alcoa is 400. Now, I don't know if Maryville could beat Hoover but I'd be willing to bet that a Maryville/Alcoa consolidated school with Quarles and staff in charge would put a sound thumping on the Bamians...and for that matter would be competitive with any HS program in the country.

According to internet, Hoover student #s are 2000+, Maryville is 1350......and Alcoa is 400. Now, I don't know if Maryville could beat Hoover but I'd be willing to bet that a Maryville/Alcoa consolidated school with Quarles and staff in charge would put a sound thumping on the Bamians...and for that matter would be competitive with any HS program in the country.

Wow, that is a thought, an Alcoa/Maryville team versus Hoover with Quarles and Rankin and the others of the coaching staff. In that case I would pick the Blount County squad. That would be a high octane football team. Shiverdeckers speed at RB and Bakers power, then at wide reciever you have Maples, Sommers, and Lanxter, with 3 QB's, one that can run. All in one county, actually 2 cities where it is hard to see where one ends and one begins.

I would take the Rebels/Tornadoes squad over any high school team in the nation by 3 touchdowns. Those 2 squads would make a ridiculous squad. Maryville is by far the best team in the state of TN no matter classification, end of story. Alcoa has got to be the 3rd best team. I would take the 5A state champ over them just due to the fact that they are a much bigger squad.

Maryville is a Dynasty now and Alcoa is moving toward that status as well. I'm waiting for the state of TN to let Maryville play the regular season, and then take 5 weeks off (play teams like Hoover and Lee and whoever else) then on the 6th week let Maryville play the winner of the playoffs for the 4A state title. I mean in the last 8 years who has not expected Maryville to be the State Champions? I certainly will be shocked when I hear that Maryville is not the 4A State Champs.