Mr. Football Official Thread

CoachT

in 3A,

harrison smith, athlete- knox catholic

zak tait, OG- knox catholic

smith gets all the highlights and is the best athlete in all of 3A. anyone would love to have him.

tait is a very underrated guard in catholic's prolific wingbone running attack. tait is a huge 6-3 285 lb sophomore guard that has been dominant. he did an excellent job of containing fulton's antonio hamilton for most of the game.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyons from Hampton had another 15 yard reception for touchdown Friday night. Picked a deflected pass in end zone to keep Happy Valley from getting the extra point.

I read in the JC press that he runs a 40 in 4.54. Not bad for 6'4" 175 lbs. Two sport athlete BBall and Football. 3.9 GPA and athletic, fine young man. I also read that he has some colleges interested in both sports.

The #1 passing QB in the state is Tullahoma's Cass Barnes, 1,766 passing yards and 15 passing TD's Barnes also has 500 rushing and 10 rushing TD's.

I second this 100%. Cass is not only a great football player but a great guy. He is one of the nicest guys I have ever known and never puts himself above anyone.

Reggie would agree. He has had a good yr. Hoping they still make the playoffs.

MARCO DAILEY from Mt. Pleasant High.

You pretty much have heard his stats by now.

Marco is a great kid who would represent the title well.

Marco is the best player in 1a no matter how strong the region or weak.

Put him in any region, on any team and this kid will be the #1 leading offensive player on that team. Marco is just one of those natrually gifted players that comes around just every so often. :thumb:

pic36134.jpg

Seth Skogen of Tn. Temple

Seth has led his team, so far, to an 8-0 season in 1A.

He holds the receiving record in Chattanooga and many other records.

In 8 games he has recorded 64 receptions for 1,280 yards (19 TD's)(160 ypg avg).

He definitely deserves to be considered for the Mr. Football Award in 1A.

I would have to agree.

MARCO DAILEY from Mt. Pleasant High.

You pretty much have heard his stats by now.

Marco is a great kid who would represent the title well.

Marco is the best player in 1a no matter how strong the region or weak.

Put him in any region, on any team and this kid will be the #1 leading offensive player on that team. Marco is just one of those natrually gifted players that comes around just every so often. :lol:

Marco is a great talent but I think his best year is still to come....unfortunately I saw him play agaist a very terrbile team and he didn't play very much...

I still think SKogan is the best player I have seen in single a all year and the top 5 receivers in the state... The most impressive thing about him is his athleticism combined with his size.... 6'4'' 225 and 4.6- that is impressive... Against South Pitt he actullay put moves on a couple kids showing off his quickness...

He has lead a 4th year program to a (should be after friday's win) undefeated season and a REgion 3 title... He is the most explosive player with the ball I have seen all year...and he plays a little defense too....

Kevin Cooper of Baylor for D2 AAA. The race if probably between Kevin and BJ Coeman. This is great for the Chattanooga area to have to such great athletics but also such great young men. UT should feel real good about getting them both. But Kevin is equally as valuable to Baylor as BJ is to McCallie. Kevin has approximatly 1500 yards thru 9 games now. Again, this is with a very small and inexperienced line. He literally runs over people and does this playing both ways. It is so impressive to watch him do this week in and week out. And again he does this on offense after just coming out from playing defense...which is pretty awesome. If you have not seen him it is pretty special.

Coach T, I have to agree with this. If you have not seen Coop run over guys it is a treat. Just looked at rivals recruiting service and they have Cooper listed at #5 5 in the country at fullback!

Kevin Cooper of Baylor for D2 AAA. The race if probably between Kevin and BJ Coeman. This is great for the Chattanooga area to have to such great athletics but also such great young men. UT should feel real good about getting them both. But Kevin is equally as valuable to Baylor as BJ is to McCallie. Kevin has approximatly 1500 yards thru 9 games now. Again, this is with a very small and inexperienced line. He literally runs over people and does this playing both ways. It is so impressive to watch him do this week in and week out. And again he does this on offense after just coming out from playing defense...which is pretty awesome. If you have not seen him it is pretty special.

LB Chris Tuck from Jo Byrns put on a good show Friday night. Adding 15 tackles(8 tacles for a loss), 1 sack, two deflections and a forced fumble and fumble recovery.

This puts his totals at 103 tackles, 2 INTS, 1 sack, 4 forced fumbles, and 3 fumble recoveries.

By the way Jo Byrns put up its 4th goose egg in 5 games. And Tuck is the leader of a defense that has given up only 1 TD against its 1st string defense.