'Battle of the Boro'

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dare_2_dream

I thought the battle for the Boro was in the spring when the schools sign their latest recruits.

Thats not really a battle, everyone already knows who is going to win that.

I say it will NOT be a big lopsided win. First off Coach A does not want to embaress anybody and secondly he wants to use this like other games to get folks used to playing for the playoffs.

Gonna use a bunch of folks Friday night that don't usually get to play. It is gonna be cold, cold, cold! You know actual FOOTBALL weather! :lol:

Gregg is doing everything to get out of Riverdale before he gets "fired."

He and his wife have worn out their "welcome."

Must be a false rumor about him "sniffing" around Oakland.

Even Ferguson isn't that dumb to hire a man who has badmouthed him all over town. Or is he?

Man i love it when yall talk about people you dont even know....if coach wyant can get the head coach job then i can see him taking that opportunity but i dont see him ever going to oakland to be an assistant i know him and coach cowan are freinds but he wont go over there to be an assitstant If siegel were to come open for a head coach job i can see him applying for that job but i am not sure how bad he would want it blackman with their loaded freshman class might be a little more appealing but people i dont see him leaving Riverdale for another murfreesboro school right now as far as him about to get fired then someone doesnt know about the teachers union and being tenured

Now on to the game....well it wont be much of one the battle of the boror has really not been much of a battle since the 2000 season i expect to see a lot of the same Riverdale a whole lot of point 0 oaklands VERY few i do think oaklands defense is pretty good but their offense will put them in too many bad situations thruought the game this will be a great game for RIverdale fans and a not so great game for oakland fans

let me get this str8 in order for oakland to make the playoffs they have to beat Riverdale AND lavergne has to lose? does both scenerios have to happen or can they get in with a lavergne loss even if they lose?

Region 4

Riverdale is first.

The Smyrna vs. Lebanon winner is second and the loser is third.

LaVergne is fourth unless LaVergne loses and Oakland wins, in which case Oakland is fourth.

Man i love it when yall talk about people you dont even know....if coach wyant can get the head coach job then i can see him taking that opportunity but i dont see him ever going to oakland to be an assistant i know him and coach cowan are freinds but he wont go over there to be an assitstant If siegel were to come open for a head coach job i can see him applying for that job but i am not sure how bad he would want it blackman with their loaded freshman class might be a little more appealing but people i dont see him leaving Riverdale for another murfreesboro school right now as far as him about to get fired then someone doesnt know about the teachers union and being tenured

Now on to the game....well it wont be much of one the battle of the boror has really not been much of a battle since the 2000 season i expect to see a lot of the same Riverdale a whole lot of point 0 oaklands VERY few i do think oaklands defense is pretty good but their offense will put them in too many bad situations thruought the game this will be a great game for RIverdale fans and a not so great game for oakland fans

let me get this str8 in order for oakland to make the playoffs they have to beat Riverdale AND lavergne has to lose? does both scenerios have to happen or can they get in with a lavergne loss even if they lose?

Oakland has some great kids in their senior class and I'm sure they want to go out on a high note. They also still have an outside shot at the playoffs to play for. I expect they'll bring it on Friday night.

Look for a good game, especially if Oakland gets a couple breaks. Getting ready for the playoffs has to be the most important factor for Riverdale. Anyone that is dinged up needs to sit this one out.