Dobyns-Bennent, State Champs?

Rolltribe37

One game at a time.....man I bet that does work.

I like your tactics WaCoJaCo - Starting that Owl thread in response to this stupid thread. Its too early to start this stuff so your move to balance it is great. So why don't the DB fans just button the lip and let everybody else speculate on how DB will do. Switch to the DB vs SH thread.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One game at a time.....man I bet that does work.

Please don't take my comment in the sense that yea, they only play one game a week. It is supposed to be taken in the sense that the team is only looking at the game this Friday and doesn't have their mind on who they are playing the following week. It also means that while the team learns from their mistakes of past games, they aren't stuck on a loss and still down on themselves.

Or maybe you just like to be sarcastic, which by all means is fine, since you make most people on here laugh (at your comments, not at you).

It won't mean much until regions one and two battle it out with each other. It does appear, in spite of all the rhetoric on here, that R2 is a little stronger than R1, simply in head to head competition where they have won 3 of 4 games this year, the only loss being Oak Ridge to Dobyns Bennett--not much of measuring stick since OR is down this year.

Best guess in order who will likely come out on top and advance, from my perspective:

Dobyns-Bennett--I still think they are the best team in the east

Ooltewah--you can't count them out; they're undefeated; play at home all the way

Farragut--tough defensively; and if they balance out their offense can beat anyone

Sevier County--under-rated team with the ability to knock anyone off

McMinn County--can be explosive, but very inconsisten; great improvement

Bearden--best year in a long time; just not able to contend with the big boys

Willam Blount--getting DB in first round; could win; but I don't think they will

Science Hill--worst team in the east in the playoffs; Owls better not look past them

Obviously you have never made it to the "boro" because you forgot your 840 exit. ;) You are on your way to Memphis and beyond.

Now that was funny. Waco, u can be a funny guy, but tell me, have you EVER made a post with any substance? The only things I ever read from you are just meant to be sarcastic/funny/degrading. One would think that if you were as smart as you try to pretend, you would actually know something about football and make a serious statement from time to time. Please forgive me if you have, but I've never seen it. I bet you never played one minute of any sport in school did you?

Yes, but you could also say that that same Bearden team that D-B was fortunate to barely beat 10-6 was handled rather easily by Farragut 27-14, who is also the team that lost to 4A Central who in turn lost to Bearden. You can't really go by so in so beat so in so, who beat so in so, so we're better than so in so. It doesn't work that way. Having said that, I think D-B is maybe slightly stronger than Ooltewah, but if the game is at Ooltewah, then D-B could go down. As a whole, from top to bottom Region 2 is just a little bit stronger than Region 1, that's just all there is to it.

I agree with the so and so stuff that is why I said it was just opinion...it's all about playing on the field. Which is why high school is better than college....allowing some geeks with computers rate Cal ahead of Tennessee is silly...let them decide a championship on the field.

I really don't think you saw Oak Ridge play Ooltewah because no one stormed the field. Fans walking onto the field after the game to congratulate their kids is not storming the field. No one was running onto it. Ooltewah did beat Region 3-5a champions and region 4-4a's runner-up. There are only 3 good teams in region 1 and 5 in region 2. Region 2 is 3-1 against Region 1 this year.

I wasn't at the game...I was going by what the Oak Ridge announcer stated...that is all...I guess I should have known the OR color man was incorrect because I have heard his comments after the DB games that were ignorant.

I'm not disrespecting Ooltewah and there accomplishments this season....only defending the comment that DB hasn't been tested since region 1 is not as higly thought of as region2...which isn't going to matter a heal of beans when the playoffs begin because they will decide it on the field

When you say that there are 3 good teams in region 1 and 5 in region 2...are you talking about 5A?