Oliver springs @Wartburg

Sasquatch101

I have it on good authority the person Wartburg is gonna hire is much worse than Davis... Ronnie Trout. He was a joke as a coach his first go-round and all he is is a Davis puppet. I suggest to disgruntled Wartburg alumni you become very vocal AGAINST the potential hire and make your voices heard and shell out as much money as it takes to get Jay Moore back at Wartburg. I don't care if it takes hundreds of thousands of dollars to get Moore, but I'm sick of feeling sorry for Wartburg because the coaching staff they have now obviously doesn't care. :lol:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Trout is a good coach but not someone that could turn the program around. They need someone young. Also in my opion that need a different style coach that Trout. Does any one know what his record was at Wartburg?

what about the middle school head coach is he a decent coach and if not wartburg may want to attack the source at the roots, if you know what i mean. i think that a middle school has to be a stepping and building block for the high school and if they are struggling every year then how can you expect much more in high school. thats just what i think, what about yall? ;):(:lol:

what about the middle school head coach is he a decent coach and if not wartburg may want to attack the source at the roots, if you know what i mean. i think that a middle school has to be a stepping and building block for the high school and if they are struggling every year then how can you expect much more in high school. thats just what i think, what about yall? :lol:;):(

Uh, that is Trout.

"The Burg will have a difficult time finding a Winstead, a Gamble, or one of those old style coaches that kept them respectible. It really isn't Coaching at this point though, it must be deeper that nobody has seen yet. "

Very true, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. But I say again there has to be a change at Wartburg.

I played for Winstead,and while he was a decent coach, I couldn't stand the guy as a person. In my opinion, I don't think Ronnie Trout is the answer either. He is a good person but I think he is a better fit at the middle school level. He was head coach at Wartburg before and with not very good results. I honestly believe a young enthusiastic disciplinarian is just what the doctor ordered. Jay Moore would be a good choice, but like others on here have said, I just don't see it happening. But as an alumni and former player, I hope everything works out before next year and that a good replacement is found,IF that is the case. Has anyone heard anything for sure?

I really hope the school board works this out and get their noses out of other "higher" peoples butts. Yes, Larry Davis has took us to the playoffs 4 times, but I think the past two years have been a disgrace to Wartburg. He's done enough and I think its time to move on. I agree that Jay Moore would be a great coach, but it's up to how much they want to pay to get him back. I wish we could have a respectable team as our basketball team in Wartburg again. Now, our spirit is gone and usually the only reason kids come to games is so they can socialize. Lets hope & pray Larry goes AWAY!

Edited by bulldogs_2009

I really hope the school board works this out and get their noses out of other "higher" peoples butts. Yes, Larry Davis has took us to the playoffs 4 times, but I think the past two years have been a disgrace to Wartburg. He's done enough and I think its time to move on. I agree that Jay Moore would be a great coach, but it's up to how much they want to pay to get him back. I wish we could have a respectable team as our basketball team in Wartburg again. Now, our spirit is gone and usually the only reason kids come to games is so they can socialize. Lets hope & pray Larry goes AWAY!

Again, you're absolutely right, young man. I sincerely hope that someone in power steps up to the plate and does the right thing in Wartburg. I've read on here today about several coaching changes in the state; I only hope that Wartburg is next. The news, if in fact it comes, will surely be music to my ears!!!

While the School Board can carry huge weight, the ulitimate decisions is in the hands of his direct supervisor, the principal and the Superintendent/Director of Schools. School Board members do not usually get involved in personnel decisions. They only have the power to hire and fire one person The DOS. So you may be singing to a group that cannot actually take action.