Oliver springs @Wartburg

Sasquatch101

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is time for Morgan county school board to look for a replacement for Wartburg Head Football coach. It is not far for these kids to keep their coach witch has not won a game in over 2 years and when he did win it was against 2 small schools in Morgan county. I think a coach should show the kids he wants to win not just stand on the side line looking like he would rather be some where else.

Try and get a young coach that wants to work and show the kids how to play the game. They had won several years ago and let him go to Webb. After enough losses kids will stop coming out for football and then no money for the school with no football program or the kids will go to one of the other schools in the county that have coaches that want to teach the kids the game of football and show them how to win. Enough is Enough it is time for a change!!!!!

I think it is time for Morgan county school board to look for a replacement for Wartburg Head Football coach. It is not far for these kids to keep their coach witch has not won a game in over 2 years and when he did win it was against 2 small schools in Morgan county. I think a coach should show the kids he wants to win not just stand on the side line looking like he would rather be some where else.

Try and get a young coach that wants to work and show the kids how to play the game. They had won several years ago and let him go to Webb. After enough losses kids will stop coming out for football and then no money for the school with no football program or the kids will go to one of the other schools in the county that have coaches that want to teach the kids the game of football and show them how to win. Enough is Enough it is time for a change!!!!!

I concur totally. Like you said, "enough is enough!" I wasn't at this game tonight,but I thought Wartburg had a good chance to win-but I should have known better! I watched the Coalfield game last night and the coaching, intensity, fundamentals are night and day from Wartburg's!!!! Those kids down there WANT to be on that team and you can tell they really enjoy playing......and WINNING! I honestly believe that old L.D. should go devote his time to golf or standing around with his hands in his pockets somewhere else! I think that several Wartburg players quit this year and I can't say that I blame them. Practice and games surely had all the appeal of a funeral or watching paint dry!!! I've said before that I've never been a fair weather fan, but I think that if "polar sloth" is kept at Wartburg, I won''t attend anymore games-it's just too painful, and I just feel so sorry for those kids! So do the right thing, powers that be-make a change-if not for the fans, then do those kids justice and make Wartburg football respectable again.

I concur totally. Like you said, "enough is enough!" I wasn't at this game tonight,but I thought Wartburg had a good chance to win-but I should have known better! I watched the Coalfield game last night and the coaching, intensity, fundamentals are night and day from Wartburg's!!!! Those kids down there WANT to be on that team and you can tell they really enjoy playing......and WINNING! I honestly believe that old L.D. should go devote his time to golf or standing around with his hands in his pockets somewhere else! I think that several Wartburg players quit this year and I can't say that I blame them. Practice and games surely had all the appeal of a funeral or watching paint dry!!! I've said before that I've never been a fair weather fan, but I think that if "polar sloth" is kept at Wartburg, I won''t attend anymore games-it's just too painful, and I just feel so sorry for those kids! So do the right thing, powers that be-make a change-if not for the fans, then do those kids justice and make Wartburg football respectable again.

I agree totally with both of you guys. I feel sorry for the poor boys at Wartburg, its almost hard for me to go to a game to just see them standing there with no hope at all. After hearing rumors last year of big Polar bear getting fired, I really hope something is done about this situation for next season. He was lucky to have all the talented players he still has on his team. Have any of you seen his quotes in the newspaper? It seems like its the same thing every week, "Well I thought we played pretty good this week, we hope to get better by the next game." Oh well..enough about Big D. Congrats to Wartburg for playin their hearts out and congrats to Os for their first win of the season.

I agree totally with both of you guys. I feel sorry for the poor boys at Wartburg, its almost hard for me to go to a game to just see them standing there with no hope at all. After hearing rumors last year of big Polar bear getting fired, I really hope something is done about this situation for next season. He was lucky to have all the talented players he still has on his team. Have any of you seen his quotes in the newspaper? It seems like its the same thing every week, "Well I thought we played pretty good this week, we hope to get better by the next game." Oh well..enough about Big D. Congrats to Wartburg for playin their hearts out and congrats to Os for their first win of the season.

Good post. Well spoken and nicely put. Congrats to both teams for hanging in there during trying times!!!

Pretty even. Wartburg 16-150 with six 15-yarders. OS 13-135 with six 15-yarders. I'd say 9 or 10 of the 15-yarders were for personal fouls. The other 2 or 3 (don't have my notes in front of me right now) were chop blocks.

It was a very ugly game because of all the personal fouls. Could have been more called. Neither team would back down. I don't think one team started it or was more guilty than the other. I just think both teams were frustrated from a bad season and couldn't control their emotions Saturday night. That doesn't mean it's justified though.

It is time for a change in Wartburg! Also Wartburg Has alot of talent in the school, but they will not play. They all play basketball! Wartburg is going to need to get a young coach who is ready to turn a program around! Wartburg was a huge,very talented team in 2003, some was even saying State Champs, And most was saying deep playoff team! Coach Davis Took them to a 5-5 SEASON. That team had around FIVE Prospects. Another Thing coach Davis oes not do, iss help his players go to college! There has been many kids at Wartburg who could of played college ball, but Some one wouldnt help them! The School Board is going to have to do something or there will not be any hope for the Football program or the SCHOOL!!! With out Football, you dont have a SCHOOL in tennessee,That is. If they dont get a new coach, wartburg might just need to pack up and move to KY.

Morgan County School Board, Step up. Please for the sake of the City and the county!