Oliver springs @Wartburg

Sasquatch101

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never called a player out by name, your assuming you know who I am talking about.

Sasquack,

This is a public forum, no one is forcing you to read or post on it. Any and all opinions welcomed, unless you use fowl language! :thumb:

It doesn't really matter who I may or may not think the young man is. If you don't know the circumstances, you shouldn't be adding to the rumor mill.

Anyway, this thread is about OS and Wartburg, not Alcoa.

Again, there is going to have to be a change in the coaching staff at Wartburg. I know how Coalfield and Wartburg feel about each other "Hate", but i know good and well that Wartburg feels bad for Coalfield when they are down just like Coalfield feels for Wartburg now. And there is things called Rebuilding seasons BUT Larry Davis has seemed to have alot of those, even when he was on top of the region... Now again LARRY DAVIS is a Great person but not a very good "Head" Coach. Larry Davis is a very smart minded Coach, but not head! Wartburg needs to find a Great Young Coach if they want to win.. Coaches Like they have had in the past!! Homer Rice, & Jim "Hoot" Gibson. Two of the best coaches to EVER be apart of High School Sports in the Country!

Hate is a stong word. However; heated, competitive (execpt for the last two years), and suspicious are pretty good adjectives to use between the two.

I for one miss the close competition, that is the fun part. And I don't think I'll gloat for what goes around, comes around. I will say that things like this has to happen to get a program going. It has happened at Coalfield, in 1959/60 or so, with a team my pop called the seven up team. They scored seven points all year and lost all games. Since then there has never been another 0-10 season but there have been losers.

The suspicion and distrust from Coalfield comes from the general attitude we receive. We get the impression that the School Board historically has not recognized there to be other schools in the County when there are three other excellent schools besides Wartburg that have high schools and another elementary school and the vocational school. Those times are changing, and when the excellence at the other schools is recognized by the powers that be in the Capitol that suspicion will desolve. When the powers that be quit forever wanting to take the high schools in Coalfield, Oakdale and Sunbright for consolidation the suspicion will go away.

In Coalfield if we can get recognition, our share of the money available to fund the school, and be left alone then things will really be better.

Coalfield is prepared to lead the way in Morgan Co. Settle your problems in the Burg and join us in making Morgan better with community schools, and community pride. Communities build counties. :blink:

Coach K, is not quite as hard nosed as he used to be, he has had to adjust. He will acknowledge that faster than anybody. He cares about the kids, they don't even have to play football. He shows that daily in school. This does not in any way take the want to win out of a coach.

Well CN, not gonna say much there.

I say Garry Kreis is one of the finest, if not the finest, high school coaches around. His # 1 assistant is of that calibre also. They have a drive to win, but they also have developed tallent. The sophomore class is touted to be one of the best ever at Coalfield. Home grown, and coached by Biff Wilson and Jake Jackson. They are very capable and had better live up to expectations.

The Burg will have a difficult time finding a Winstead, a Gamble, or one of those old style coaches that kept them respectible. It really isn't Coaching at this point though, it must be deeper that nobody has seen yet.

"The Burg will have a difficult time finding a Winstead, a Gamble, or one of those old style coaches that kept them respectible. It really isn't Coaching at this point though, it must be deeper that nobody has seen yet. "

Very true, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out. But I say again there has to be a change at Wartburg.