Oliver springs @Wartburg

Sasquatch101

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Coalfield has gotten recognition in the past. They are always a contender in the region. I feel bad for both programs but I hope OS gets the win. If it wasn't for three late fumbles they had the jackets beat early in the year. They were really a wakeup call for Coalfield. I don't really think the kids have quit, but they have had several key injuries. Bishop and Reed to name a few. Besides it is hard to get fired up for Loudon and Alcoa when you are 0-7 and know you're about to get mashed in the mouth. Give OS some time, you'll see a new team next year.

Not everyone standing in street clothes on the sideline at the games are actually "hurt". Scared maybe, but not hurt! ;)

Not everyone standing in street clothes on the sideline at the games are actually "hurt". Scared maybe, but not hurt! ;)

Actually they were hurt, torn ligiments and hurt backs! they would have give anything to play .If Oz comes out in the pregame FIRED UP like they did. they will be ready to chain up the dogs for the season. Nevertheless the senoirs will give it their all for their last game. There's no holding back. The best will be given friday night.Wartburg better be ready. the bobcats are coming to town!!! :thumb:

Edited by Sasquatch101

Alcoa fan's stop whining about how dirty OS played get over it you bunch of Pud's

Wartburg gets there 10th loss this week os gets there first win :thumb:

I didn't see mcwrestler whining...just stating facts. I don't believe jacketsfan13 is an Alcoa fan, either.

jacketsfan: Alcoa isn't #1 in the state...yet.

GO WARTBURG!!!!

I have watched the kids from OZ grow up playing ball. They are great kids! What you all are seeing is the product of their new leadership. OZ has never been known from backing off from a fight, but NEVER did they start it before now.

Wake up OZ, you are losing more then a game now. YOU do know what you all need to do.

Its that fine coach from "KINGSTON" , I mean what did we expect, we knew what kind of training he had when he came here so we should be glad its no worse than it is. When is the administration going to do something about it is the question?

Some have wanted to see coach brackett hit a brick wall since he was named the HC at OS. Seems like more are trying to jump on that bandwagon now that they are "ofor". Coach Brackett has done an outstanding job with the talent and time that he's been given. If you want to point fingers at the root of the problem, you need to be pointing them at the administration that waited until very, very late in the game to hire a HC. Coach Brackett had to come in with what was already in place, due to the time restraints. Kind of hard to implement your own schemes when your brought in when summer practices have already started. Don't think many of your "top" coaches in the area could have done any better than he has, with the time he was given to get it done.

As far as Coach Brackett teaching these kids to be "dirty", my son played under Coach Brackett for a few years at Kingston. He never taught my kid anything but good technique and to battle to the end, no matter the outcome. I doubt that he has changed his style. He coaches with passion and expects his kids to play with that same passion. Given the time, he'll do a very good job at OS. Give him the time to run his own system and then grade him. Right now, people are grading him on the system he inherited.

Keep up the good work Coach.

Some have wanted to see coach brackett hit a brick wall since he was named the HC at OS. Seems like more are trying to jump on that bandwagon now that they are "ofor". Coach Brackett has done an outstanding job with the talent and time that he's been given. If you want to point fingers at the root of the problem, you need to be pointing them at the administration that waited until very, very late in the game to hire a HC. Coach Brackett had to come in with what was already in place, due to the time restraints. Kind of hard to implement your own schemes when your brought in when summer practices have already started. Don't think many of your "top" coaches in the area could have done any better than he has, with the time he was given to get it done.

As far as Coach Brackett teaching these kids to be "dirty", my son played under Coach Brackett for a few years at Kingston. He never taught my kid anything but good technique and to battle to the end, no matter the outcome. I doubt that he has changed his style. He coaches with passion and expects his kids to play with that same passion. Given the time, he'll do a very good job at OS. Give him the time to run his own system and then grade him. Right now, people are grading him on the system he inherited.

Keep up the good work Coach.

WELL SAID!!!!

OS gets a W this week, I believe Coach Brackett is going to be a real good Coach if the people in OS will give him a chance. The cupboard was not exactly full this year and the preparation time was nearly nothing. I really think Coach Brackett is a good guy and Coach just give it sometime. Look at OR this year State Runner up last year missing the playoffs this year, Livingston won State last year not going to playoffs this year these things happen at every School and it certainly isnt fair to blame Coach Brackett. :rolleyes: