What happens if privates sweep 1A, 2A and 3A titles this year?

tnsddeveloper

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to also add that East Lit does not have an onsite football team ... they co-op with another Metro school I'm sure ... as our esteemed collegue, Big Chef, most surely knows. :thumb:

East Literature co-ops with Stratford High. MLK co-ops with Hillsboro, Hume Fogg co-ops with Hillwood, School of the Arts with whoever needs a good anthem singer ;);)

East Literature co-ops with Stratford High.

No offense to anyone at Stratford ... but I can see why someone would transfer and sit out one full year of eligibility in order to transfer to Goodpasture.

I wrestled against Stratford in HS ... and I swear I heard the intro to the show Cops playing the entire time I was there.

OK ... update on this thread.

There is a distinct possibility that there will be an all-private final in 1A and 3A. There is also a distinct possibility that 1 of the 2 finalist in 2A will be private too.

There will be a lot of stink if 5 out of the 6 finalists in those classes are privates.

Also ... the innuendo has started. Lewis County's coach (Bobby Sharp) made the following statement in the Tennessean:

“They have no business being in 2A this year. They are good enough to be in 5A.”

The article can be found on CoachT's homepage and here:

http://preps.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...;story_id=12930

Must have seen Alcoa play McCallie the last two years. But I'm thinking they needed to move to SEC.

Goodpasture is a fine program with a long tradition. People who make insinuations are simply too cowardly to make accusations...usually because they are regurgitating rumor and innuendo. Put up or shut up blue and gold...oh, wait, all your insinuations turned out to be baseless...shocker!

I don't know Bobby Sharp but he should be ashamed for saying that kind of thing in the paper...and he should be forced to play Alcoa 5 times as punishment. It is people who say stuff like that that fuel the anti-private rhetoric. Shame on him.

Wow, both of those posts hit my hot buttons! grrrrrrrrrr

p.s. Good luck to both Goodpasture and CPA in the upcoming game...I would come watch it but I've gotta go watch the hometown Red Bank team vs. Maryville! Hope all your players play well and no one is injured.

Goodpasture is a fine program with a long tradition. People who make insinuations are simply too cowardly to make accusations...usually because they are regurgitating rumor and innuendo. Put up or shut up blue and gold...oh, wait, all your insinuations turned out to be baseless...shocker!

I don't know Bobby Sharp but he should be ashamed for saying that kind of thing in the paper...and he should be forced to play Alcoa 5 times as punishment. It is people who say stuff like that that fuel the anti-private rhetoric. Shame on him.

Wow, both of those posts hit my hot buttons! grrrrrrrrrr

p.s. Good luck to both Goodpasture and CPA in the upcoming game...I would come watch it but I've gotta go watch the hometown Red Bank team vs. Maryville! Hope all your players play well and no one is injured.

:thumb: Being forced to play Alcoa five times might be considered cruel and unusual?

I say put the privates together and put a multiplier system or some kind of balancing system in place to make it fair for the privates that do not recruit. You can't tell me the current system is fair. Take CPA for instance...I mean its great for them and I wish we could manage it but they have what 6 or 7 former College and/or NFL stars as coaches? You can't tell me that any public school can compete against that regardless of classification.

Edited by Lions4ever

Amen ~ T$$aa makes too much money from them so nothing will change. Take Temple for instance. They get a football team two years ago and they are going pretty far. Last year they lost their QB and bingo a senior QB from Florida just happens to want to go to Temple. Wow is that luck or what? Until public schools put their foot down and get tired of it and refuse to play T$$aa then nothing will be done.

I say put the privates together and put a multiplier system or some kind of balancing system in place to make it fair for the privates that do not recruit. You can't tell me the current system is fair. Take CPA for instance...I mean its great for them and I wish we could do manage it but they have what 6 or 7 former College and/or NFL stars as coaches? You can't tell me that any public school can compete against that regardless of classification.

Maybe you can share your inside information with the rest of us? I mean, since you want to make things fair. By looking at your post you seem to know a lot. Why don't you list the private schools that recruit and the ones that do not? We can start there, contact the TSSAA and turn them in. One day when you're all grown up you'll realize that life isn't fair. Good for CPA! They can hire coaches with knowledge and experience, but hey, they should be punished for this?

Amen ~ T$$aa makes too much money from them so nothing will change. Take Temple for instance. They get a football team two years ago and they are going pretty far. Last year they lost their QB and bingo a senior QB from Florida just happens to want to go to Temple. Wow is that luck or what? Until public schools put their foot down and get tired of it and refuse to play T$$aa then nothing will be done.

Nothing will change until public schools can provide young adults with the things that private schools can. See academics, facilities, community support for examples.