What happens if privates sweep 1A, 2A and 3A titles this year?

tnsddeveloper

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are everyones thoughts if a private wins the D1 football titles in 1A, 2A and 3A this year? It is a very distinct possibility. FCS or Temple could win in 1A, Goodpasture and CPA look very strong in 2A and Lipscomb looks very strong in 3A.

well it is always a possibility, 2 of the 3 last year came close, and two publics that moved down because of the privates moving up held sway in 1A...I would say more howling and gnashing of teeth as usual lol

Edited by 1AMAN

What are everyones thoughts if a private wins the D1 football titles in 1A, 2A and 3A this year? It is a very distinct possibility. FCS or Temple could win in 1A, Goodpasture and CPA look very strong in 2A and Lipscomb looks very strong in 3A.

That's easy.........The new multiplier will be calculated as follows ..................... 1.8 x .335 x 1.9 x 3 x .264 x 3 = 2.72

Now, this is an adjustable rate which could be affected by the prime rate. It can't go down but it can go up at any time. The good news is that it can't go higher than 10 (unless of course the privates sweep all classes).

Now, that was easy.................................... :P

I think it will be very, very difficult to avoid a complete split if that happens. In fact, I'd bet that there are a lot of pro-split supporters cheering for that very outcome.

I suppose all of the winners would carry home gold footballs from Murfreesboro; isn't that the procedure?

Then all of the complaints about the multiplier are proven false and FCS owes the TSSAA a hearty thank you for making it possible.

Edited by larry

First, it won't happen. Second, if it does so what? Last year the publics won, this year it looks like they will again. Are those of you who are saying there will be a complete split if privates win saying that if privates ever win again there will be a split? Because that is what it looks like from over here.

Hmm...let's see...the publics can clobber everyone but as soon as the privates win we split...sounds like folks are really looking for something fair there. I hope some privates DO win this year...then we get to see who the fair people are, and who the people are who claim they want fairness but really just hate anyone different who succeeds (we call these people prejudiced or worse when they feel this way about individuals...what should we call them when they extend their nastiness to whole groups?).

First, it won't happen. Second, if it does so what? Last year the publics won, this year it looks like they will again. Are those of you who are saying there will be a complete split if privates win saying that if privates ever win again there will be a split? Because that is what it looks like from over here.

Hmm...let's see...the publics can clobber everyone but as soon as the privates win we split...sounds like folks are really looking for something fair there. I hope some privates DO win this year...then we get to see who the fair people are, and who the people are who claim they want fairness but really just hate anyone different who succeeds (we call these people prejudiced or worse when they feel this way about individuals...what should we call them when they extend their nastiness to whole groups?).

This is one of those times I don't understand your answer. It really doesn't matter to me who wins the titles this year. I am...and have been...for a split from the very beginning. It is not because we cannot compete. It is because small privates have an advantage. I think that has been proven with the results between public and privates over the last several years. Before you bring Tyner or other magnets up...I really don't know if they have the same advantage. If they do...that's not really too fair either. I guess the point is...if we are going to have more than one class...put like schools in the same class. I don't think it is possible to accomplish that by putting small publics and small privates in the same classes. The multiplier is not the answer...a total split for the playoffs is. I really don't expect that to happen.

This is one of those times I don't understand your answer. It really doesn't matter to me who wins the titles this year. I am...and have been...for a split from the very beginning. It is not because we cannot compete. It is because small privates have an advantage. I think that has been proven with the results between public and privates over the last several years. Before you bring Tyner or other magnets up...I really don't know if they have the same advantage. If they do...that's not really too fair either. I guess the point is...if we are going to have more than one class...put like schools in the same class. I don't think it is possible to accomplish that by putting small publics and small privates in the same classes. The multiplier is not the answer...a total split for the playoffs is. I really don't expect that to happen.

Why not keep everyone together and use the merit system?

Why not keep everyone together and use the merit system?

As for the above question, because it makes to much sense!

In my opinion they do not have to win it for it to be a major statement. If the privates are represented in the championship games (a,aa,aaa) I think it will lead to a stronger call for the split. That means they will have ended alot of public schools seasons by just getting there. And I would be willing to bet a lot of money that they will be represented in each of the aforementioned levels.