Gatlinburg-Pittman

reaction

Here's a thought for you:

2005: 9-1 Cumberland Gap was beaten by 7-5 Oliver Springs 46-43 in the first round of playoffs.

I know it's a new year with a new team, but I think that #4 Region 2 beating #1 Region 1 tells you how weak Region 1 is.

I fully expect Sweetwater to beat G-P tonight. It may not be by much, but IMO, G-P gets a reality check tonight. They need to start looking at toughening up their schedule for next year if they want to compete. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first one on here eating crow. If by some chance they win tonight, they won't get by Loudon next week.

So, sorry, G-P...there'll be no chance to redeem yourself against Alcoa this year.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa will advance to the state game again this year because they are the strongest of the weakest. By that I mean 2A in East TN is very weak that is just a fact. Case in point, look at the records of GP's opponets. Congratz on the 10-0 season, but the party is almost over.

You may be right FBE but Maryville had a cakewalk schedule this year too . The toughest game they had was from a little 2A school . 4 teams had less than a 500 record 2 had .500 2 with a 6-4 1 with a 7-3 and the little 2A had an 8-2 . They really stepped out in non- region games too , little Alcoa lost by 3 at Maryville , and Heritage and WB were blowouts . No disrespect to Coach Quarles on an undefeated season this far but don't sit there and say we play a weak region and schedule when Maryville has one too .

You may be right FBE but Maryville had a cakewalk schedule this year too . The toughest game they had was from a little 2A school . 4 teams had less than a 500 record 2 had .500 2 with a 6-4 1 with a 7-3 and the little 2A had an 8-2 . They really stepped out in non- region games too , little Alcoa lost by 3 at Maryville , and Heritage and WB were blowouts . No disrespect to Coach Quarles on an undefeated season this far but don't sit there and say we play a weak region and schedule when Maryville has one too .

gp will easily make it to the third round and give it to the 3rd and give alcoa the scare off the decade. tornados can you step up!

nftc what are you talkin about???? none of your posts make any sense.... "scare OFF the decade" ? give it to the third? and on what facts are you basing your accusations on sevier county boosters? i believe you are wrong... i've been a part of sevier county football for a long time.... and this is probably the first time i have ever heard anyone other than a selfish whiny player bad mouth coach brewer...i believe you are just like some of these other kids on here to start trouble

Edited by it'sallovernow

Here's a thought for you:

2005: 9-1 Cumberland Gap was beaten by 7-5 Oliver Springs 46-43 in the first round of playoffs.

I know it's a new year with a new team, but I think that #4 Region 2 beating #1 Region 1 tells you how weak Region 1 is.

I fully expect Sweetwater to beat G-P tonight. It may not be by much, but IMO, G-P gets a reality check tonight. They need to start looking at toughening up their schedule for next year if they want to compete. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first one on here eating crow. If by some chance they win tonight, they won't get by Loudon next week.

So, sorry, G-P...there'll be no chance to redeem yourself against Alcoa this year.

No one was talking about GP having a weak schedule when they went 4-6 during the season last year. You are right, this is a new team and a new year. That's why it will be different. The schedule and the weak region were a non issue two years ago when GP was 5 points and about 10 seconds away from meeting Alcoa in the quaters and this GP team is better than that one. These kids have worked and played hard and done whatever you guys have asked to prove themselves. Can't you just relent and give them a few props.

Edited by cneagles13

No one was talking about GP having a weak schedule when they went 4-6 during the season last year. You are right, this is a new team and a new year. That's why it will be different. The schedule and the weak region were a non issue two years ago when GP was 5 points and about 10 seconds away from meeting Alcoa in the quaters and this GP team is better than that one. These kids have worked and played hard and done whatever you guys have asked to prove themselves. Can't you just relent and give them a few props.

Hey, any team that can take basically the same players and do a 180 deserves credit. We know what it's like to have people say we're in a weak region, but the trick to gain respect is to play up and play challenging games, not play down. And, people were talking about the weak schedule, maybe not on here (because it was a non-issue), but people were talking about it.

Can't wait until tonight to see how this all plays out!!! Good luck, G-P! Alcoa fans would like nothing more than to have a rematch!

Congrats GP on going 10-0 I think that is hard to do no matter what kind of schedule you play. However, I think when you get into the playoffs it is important to have played some tough games during the season. I wonder how GP will respond if they get down early to a team. I think in the future it would be wise to schedule a few tougher non conference games just to get the experience of playing top notch opponents. Good luck to GP tonight. And being a former SC player I do want to comment on some of the posts that are being put up by some people. I think that SC runs a very clean program and that Coach Brewer would not tolerate the things that people are saying SC does (booster and what not). I think this is a good site to talk football not imaginary rivalries. The fact is SC and GP will never play and they shouldn't because of school population. I think both programs are well run programs and have a lot of pride, but that is where it should end. Well anyways I just had to comment on all of the trash talking going on. Good luck to both teams.

I hope no one on this forum thinks the rest of Cosby shares the views of this NFTC guy. He's been on other threads bashing Cosby's coaching staff after they went 9-1. Brewer and his crew are one of the best in the state, and if there have been so many years that GP would've beaten them why won't the Athletic Gold suit up for the Bears? :thumb: (No disrespect intended.)

Sidenote for NFTC: The great majority of people who live in Cosby would never refer to themselves as "Cosbanians".

No we don't agree with that comment. But he's just doing like you have under different names and different threads have bashed GP for not playing SCHS. Deny if you wish but everyone on here knows that you post under at least 3 names. GP shouldn't be expected to play and compete against SCHS because there is a big size difference ( more than twice ) just like Cosby shouldn't be expected to compete against GP, PF, or Seymour.

Congrats to GP on avoiding another 90 pt loss to Alcoa by doing what everyone with a football brain knew they would. 10-0 then get WHIPPED by a lower seeded team. Please let me hear why people shouldn't say GP is WAY overrated. If you want to see a Sevier County team with a playoff prayer you can make the trip to Ooltewah. :thumb:

How quick does the air come out of a balloon that full?

Gp is a very good team. They are back to their usual physical play after a down year last year. They could make a mini run in the playoffs (Until they meet Alcoa). It is not their fault but they do play in one of the weakest 2A regions in the state. i think the lack of big regular season games hurts them in the playoffs. We will see, they haven't made it out of the first round in a while. Looks like GP and Sevier Co are going to have to represent the county well this year. Good luck to both.

MINI is correct when talking about the playoffs with this team. That is hilarious - Chump!!!

Yeah, this oughta be good! LOL!!! Which GP backer that was on here spoutin off about how good they were and how they were gonna redeem themselves against ALCOA will step up first? But hey, you have to give GP this...the score this year in the playoffs looks a lot better than the one last year!!!! - OH, WAIT A MINUTE...I FORGOT...GP WAS THE #1 SEED THIS YEAR PLAYING THE #4 SEED!!! HOW DOES AN UNDEFEATED AND 10 - 0 TEAM GET WHIPPED THAT BAD AT HOME IN THE PLAYOFFS BY THE #4 SEED? GP STILL HANT FIGURED IT OUT...PLAYOFF TEAMS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD! ---- MAYBE NEXT YEAR! On the bright side, you really, really didnt want to play the tornadoes again anyway!