Battle of the state at lipscomb allen area

timbdp

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BA won 82 to 63 (think that was the final) -- it really wasn't even that close. BA shut it down in the fourth quarter.

Pioneer has some real athletic players, but they played like individuals -- not much like a team. BA's press in the first half killed them. Their #22 (who is going to Cincinatti?) got into foul trouble early and only had 12 or 13 points.

BA played without Wright and without Kottas in the second half (he came out from half in sweats). Not sure why he was out.

Typical. AAU! :lol:

I read some of LARRY's comments with disgust.

Why do you wanna hate? It's pretty pathetic to want a bunch of 15- 16- and 17-year-old kids to get "drilled" and a "whooping"

Union City fans are only expressing their pride in a program that won a state championship last year and 4 since 1990. And, undefeated through 12 games is saying something, I don't care who you are. ... UC fans are also sticking up for the western end of the state against the obvious middle and east section bias on these boards.

Speaking of bias, since Union City is essentially an all-black team, I'm gonna take some of your comments as racist.

Here's a thought: Go to the games, enjoy the competition and check your hate at the door!

Maybe UC will get beaten, maybe not. ... Whatever the outcome, I just hope it's a good game, a competitive game, and a FAIR game.

Didn't you know that Larry Bird is just a hick from French Lick...that could hoop? You sound like a West TN politician. :o

I read some of LARRY's comments with disgust.

Why do you wanna hate? It's pretty pathetic to want a bunch of 15- 16- and 17-year-old kids to get "drilled" and a "whooping"

Union City fans are only expressing their pride in a program that won a state championship last year and 4 since 1990. And, undefeated through 12 games is saying something, I don't care who you are. ... UC fans are also sticking up for the western end of the state against the obvious middle and east section bias on these boards.

Speaking of bias, since Union City is essentially an all-black team, I'm gonna take some of your comments as racist.

Here's a thought: Go to the games, enjoy the competition and check your hate at the door!

Maybe UC will get beaten, maybe not. ... Whatever the outcome, I just hope it's a good game, a competitive game, and a FAIR game.

I'm not a big UC fan. The reason their team being mostly or all black is because of Obion Co. central and theory of white flight. I saw nothing racist about any one's post on here, except for the above mentioned quote of being a racist for someone making comments about UC. In this part of the State, "the dominant part usually", we have a lot of rowdy fans....UC, Peabody, Lake Co., Greenfield, Humboldt, Liberty, Haywood...its' not because we think we are God's gift to basketball, it's because we are rabid fans who love high school basketball. We don't recruit or give any one's parent a job, here or there, to get their kids. We play with our own kids and appreciate the work they have put in from the time they started school. Actually, UC should not be able to win any of the games in this tournament if you look at the size of the schools participating on their team home pages but UC, like all of the above mentioned schools, will play anybody on any night and usually be competitive.

Edited by Hater_Nation_Rules

I'm not a big UC fan. The reason their team being mostly or all black is because of Obion Co. central and theory of white flight. I saw nothing racist about any one's post on here, except for the above mentioned quote of being a racist for someone making comments about UC. In this part of the State, "the dominant part usually", we have a lot of rowdy fans....UC, Peabody, Lake Co., Greenfield, Humboldt, Liberty, Haywood...its' not because we think we are God's gift to basketball, it's because we are rabid fans who love high school basketball. We don't recruit or give any one's parent a job, here or there, to get their kids. We play with our own kids and appreciate the work they have put in from the time they started school. Actually, UC should not be able to win any of the games in this tournament if you look at the size of the schools participating on their team home pages but UC, like all of the above mentioned schools, will play anybody on any night and usually be competitive.

JUst a note:

Ask any coach and they will tell you they will play their ( 5 ) best players no matter what and who they are. You play what you have to work with and win with that. Union City has some of the if not the most well mannered kids anywhere in High School Basketball.

JUst a note:

Ask any coach and they will tell you they will play their ( 5 ) best players no matter what and who they are. You play what you have to work with and win with that. Union City has some of the if not the most well mannered kids anywhere in High School Basketball.

Need any update on the Brentwood vs. Union City game . My connection is on the floor with cell phone off.

Thanks