McMinn and Sevier Co.

TribeFan

and you may very well be right. that's why i'm looking forward to next week's game. too bad i can't make it to sevierville.

"In McMinn McDermott is the only really good back they got" is kindof like saying that the Indy Colts don't have another good QB other than Manning. McMinn does have some good quality backups, but they are not going to give them carries instead of mcdermott. hello?

those couple of runs from the qb has amounted to over 400 yards.

4 receivers are averaging over 15 yards/catch (3 of them have over 10 receptions each and the 4th has about 5)

FBs run well (both over 5 ypc) just don't get a lot of carries.

be careful about the statement of "if you stop mcdermott, you stop mcminn" though.

1. Ooltewah's the only team that has been able to

2. mcminn beat Oak Ridge with mcdermott only playing the 1st qtr (left due to injury) and Soddy Daisy with mcdermott getting just a few carries (same injury).

mcminn's D may not be as good as sevier's but they've been pretty solid most of the year. prone to giving up the big play a couple of times a game, however. neither heritage nor BC got past midfield until they brought in the subs late in the games. I know heritage and BC aren't playoff calibur, but that's impressive nontheless. BC had a 1,000 yard rusher and had been able to move the ball on just about everyone they played.

of course, we could both go on and on i'm sure. so i'm done posting. looking forward to a good 1st round matchup.

I agree with you either one of us could be right. We will just have to see. I think it will be the best first round game in the state. I give props to both teams.

Nice to talk to you anyway 8ball !!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once McMinn stopped putting the ball on the grass they started playing better, so it is not a matter of if they have the ability it is a matter of holding onto the ball.

To address the issue of Mcdermott being the only real threat, let's see:

#8 Johnson 850 yards passing and 500 +/- rushing

#1 Cobb 300 yds. +/- recieving

#6 Simpson 400 yds +/- recieving

#99 Cox 250 yds. recieving

#49 Holland & Smith 500 yds. rushing

#7 Matthews 4 returns for TD's (Plays everywhere special teams, offense, defense)

This team is led by Mcdermott but has many good athletes that at any given time can make an impact. I would assume that SC has the same quality atheletes so this is why this should make for a good game. The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win this one.

McMinn 31

SC 24

ok listen sc bear who ever u are u need to keep ur mouth shut about r team got it?

You show as much class here as you did Thursday night at the GP - Midway game.

I'm surprised that SC coaches would tolerate such a display. Of course, they probably were not aware. I know Coach Hammonds would not allow such from his players.

All from Sevier County don't display such poor sportsmanship. So good luck against the tribe. Make those of us from Sevier, that wish to see the county teams do well, proud.