No Mercy!

regit

The article on the front of the sports page was totally uncalled for. Controversey about the blowout last year had finally died down and now the Kreager has stirred the pot again. Furthermore Satterfield,who had a fit last year when questioned about the classlessness of his actions, should have declined any comment. Instead he tried to explain his actions with halftruths. I would like to have heard what the RBS coach had to say in this article, but I imagine he would not comment. The Tennessean needs to leave RBS football alone for a while.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The article on the front of the sports page was totally uncalled for. Controversey about the blowout last year had finally died down and now the Kreager has stirred the pot again. Furthermore Satterfield,who had a fit last year when questioned about the classlessness of his actions, should have declined any comment. Instead he tried to explain his actions with halftruths. I would like to have heard what the RBS coach had to say in this article, but I imagine he would not comment. The Tennessean needs to leave RBS football alone for a while.

I was thinking Satterfield might shoot for 100 this year :huh:

He was shooting for 100 last year. :huh:

He could have scored 200 last year. I agree the article should not have been written.

We don't need anything like that. Blowouts happen. Go look up some of the Ky. scores this year. We've been on both ends of them.

Edited by Antwan

He could have scored 200 last year. I agree the article should not have been written.

We don't need anything like that. Blowouts happen. Go look up some of the Ky. scores this year. We've been on both ends of them.

Antwan, you got it right. This article was in poor taste, and the timing is obvious. TC vs RBS

this Fri. nite. As I've stated in several posts, the Tennessean has a well documented dislike

for TC for some reason, going back several yrs. I know for certain, Clint has no desire to

embarrass RBS. He has even helped them with their program in the past when possible.

Some things are unavoidable. As you well know, all year on CoachT, every time TC is

mentioned, it's not long until someone brings this score up. So, yes, Clint, I am sure

gets defensive about this, especially with one of the Tennessean writers. I would not

have been as "polite" as Clint was, and would not have been printed in it's entirety!

Personally, I would not have taken our QB out of the Clay Co. or Mt. Jul. Chr. game.

He needs all the snaps he can get! Not to run up the score, he elected to do so, I suppose.

:blink:

We feel your pain....

The first round of the playoffs will only add to the list. Why the @%$# are there four teams from each district going to the playoffs anyway???

Answer... $$$$$$!

At least it is just the Tennesseean on your case. With all the talk radio in this town we had to defend our scores last year to no end. Mickey Deerstone is the main pot stirrer but he said nothing when GP hung 70 on North Greene or when his beloved Lady Vols beat anybody by 60...What a sheep.

Edited by AlcoasPaintedBridge

We feel your pain....

The first round of the playoffs will only add to the list. Why the @%$# are there four teams from each district going to the playoffs anyway???

Answer... $$$$$$!

At least it is just the Tennesseean on your case. With all the talk radio in this town we had to defend our scores last year to no end. Mickey Deerstone is the main pot stirrer but he said nothing when GP hung 70 on North Greene or when his beloved Lady Vols beat anybody by 60...What a sheep.

Heh, the old sports doctor.................

I agree about this issue. It was a dead thing, and Kraeger doesn't mention the fact that the TC players didn't have much to work with as far as bench depth. Satterfield mentions it, but I don't think he was trying to cover his tracks by any means. The article shouldn't have been written. You have to let us play. We're kids. We're not there for workouts, practice, and meetings week in and week out if we don't want to get on the field and succeed. Even the freshman team feels that way. They could've filled the front page better with something stupid like Channel 5 did Sunday with the Titans players' cars. We don't care what they drive. They make millions to stink it up. We're kids. It's different.

Antwan, you got it right. This article was in poor taste, and the timing is obvious. TC vs RBS

this Fri. nite. As I've stated in several posts, the Tennessean has a well documented dislike

for TC for some reason, going back several yrs. I know for certain, Clint has no desire to

embarrass RBS. He has even helped them with their program in the past when possible.

Some things are unavoidable. As you well know, all year on CoachT, every time TC is

mentioned, it's not long until someone brings this score up. So, yes, Clint, I am sure

gets defensive about this, especially with one of the Tennessean writers. I would not

have been as "polite" as Clint was, and would not have been printed in it's entirety!

Personally, I would not have taken our QB out of the Clay Co. or Mt. Jul. Chr. game.

He needs all the snaps he can get! Not to run up the score, he elected to do so, I suppose.

;)

I would not like to have to play RBS or MJC or even Clay County...this year. It doesn't do either team any good to play a game that is so mismatched. I guess that's just part of high school football too.

Edited by Antwan

I'd say by starting this thead, you are just throwing gasoline on the fire you are criticizing the Tennessean for starting.